Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 40,095 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RELEASE] EB01 rom, kernel, radio

Tip us?

zskate311
Old
(Last edited by zskate311; 7th April 2011 at 02:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade163 View Post
hey gang, so let me as you this...and sorry if this question has been asked...I didnt see it if it has been. I recently rooted my phone with no "rom". So I went from stock to a rooted phone for various reasons. I now want EB01 on my phone. What steps would I need to take to get that Froyo on my Sammy that is rooted (I LOVE BEING ROOTED...hotspot cough cough)...thanks!!!
Read the stickies man. You need to do alot of reading after root to learn how to install clockwordmod, flashing radios via Odin and what not.

Read read read!

Sent from my fascination with voodoo

bobloblaw1
Old
(Last edited by bobloblaw1; 7th April 2011 at 02:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 417
This is rather old....

READ READ AND READ SOME MORE. MOST PEOPLE THAT HAVE ISSUES HAVE THEM BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T READ.

But what you want is Superclean as it is EB01 plus other newer builds. Basically, it's the best parts of the leaks and an improvement over EB01.

The easiet way to do this would be to Odin an image of Superclean to your phone.

Go here

And flash this:
Quote:
Super Clean version 2.9 - EB01/EC16 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmodwith MALWARE protection
RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT EXTRACT HERE THE .rar file AFTER DOWNLOADING AND BEFORE USING(How to extract in post #2) -->EC16SC29_DXC.tar
Then get the update from the superclean thread and flash that throurh Clockwork Recovery.

Oh, and ONLY USE PDA MODE IN ODIN!! Phone mode will brick you.

Once you do all that start reading up on custom kernels and voodoo. Just take it one step at a time and don't rush into something you don't understand. No one wants a $600 paperweight.

dclutter1
Old
Thanks Meter 13
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=948722

First page man.

bobloblaw1
Old
Thanks Meter 417
Overall that guide is good...

It's a long method but it will help you unerstand the process better.

But don't worry about ROM manager. It's incompatible with our recovery and you will have more frustration than its worth dealing with it.

Also, get the new CWM Recovery in GizmoDroid's thread. That will also save you headaches and hassles.

wade163
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zskate311 View Post
Read the stickies man. You need to do alot of reading after root to learn how to install clockwordmod, flashing radios via Odin and what not.

Read read read!

Sent from my fascination with voodoo
RIGHT, but I am sure that you have found that there are several misleading facts, figures, and other false info on here...in short, I dont wanna brick my phone I found a site that I THINK has everyhing in a package, but at this point, I still would want my phone to work.

blackmamba0730
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade163 View Post
RIGHT, but I am sure that you have found that there are several misleading facts, figures, and other false info on here...in short, I dont wanna brick my phone I found a site that I THINK has everyhing in a package, but at this point, I still would want my phone to work.
Its pretty much impossible to brick this phone as long as you know how to Odin.

Bricking builds character
Sprint Galaxy Note II
ROM: LabRats v2.2
Kernel: 3.0.36 Perseus-alpha35
Recovery: TWRP 2.5.0.1

Bricking builds character...and an expensive collection of paperweights