[WIDGET] TxMissed 0.2 - minimalistic unread sms / missed calls / email notification

Search This thread

phumpal

Feb 10, 2011
Pilsen / Carlsbad
TxMissed - unread sms / missed calls / unread emails widget

Hello,
i want to contribute with my first widget. It's text based notification widget. Inform you about unread messages or missed calls. Support verbose number (like 1 = one, 5 = five etc.). Very customizable - color, sizes, text format, bold, stroke ... If chosen font does not fit to area, it will be automatically resized to smaller one, which fits. Personally, I use it at Widget Locker screen, so I can easily see count of unread messages. Tested on HTC Desire (Froyo) and emulator (Froyo + Gingerbread)

Screenshots

froyo.th.png
gingerbread.th.png

Requirements
  • Android version >= 2.0

Features
  • Size of widget is 4x1
  • Hide text, if there is no event
  • Custom Colors (even alpha is supported)
  • Custom fonts (for text and numbers)
  • Font sizes
  • Bold text
  • Stroke text
  • Alignment
  • Onclick action
  • English, Czech, French(DocUHT), German(swiadek) and Spanish(riahc3) localization
  • Verbose numbers
  • Support multiple screen resolutions
  • Choose between none or zero
  • Not zero numbers can have different color than zero numbers
  • Check unread emails (periodic check of IMAP account)
  • Email account data are stored with AES encryption
  • Connection can be limited only to WiFi connection - to reduce bills

Version history
  • 0.1 First version
  • 0.1.1 Add bug report function (thanks to reporting)
  • 0.1.2 Fix crash on font change
  • 0.2 Add email functionality (IMAP), French and Espanol translation, different setting for multiple widgets, more settings to customize
  • 0.2.1 Add German translation (thanks to swiadek), fix configuration bug
  • 0.2.2 Fixed email bug
  • 0.2.3 Just for TEST purposes, upgrade German translate, testing breakline version, hopefully fix CPU usage

Translation
If somebody wants to translate widget to his language, feel free to download translation pack and translate to whatever you want :) Translation pack is XML based, so it is easy to read.

Donate
If you like it, please donate development. Even small donation can help :) Donation will be used for Android Developer license and enter to Android Market. Thank You :)

I Thank users, who already donate
  • reinbeau
  • xcalibur666
  • Иван Дробный

TODO list ~ your requests
  • Do a "breakline" version (every part on new line)
  • Implement vertical positioning
  • HEX color input
  • Inverstigate WidgetLocker ID issues
  • Asynchronous K9 mail check

Current progress

• Maybe I can write some tweet about progress from time to time, if you want to check it out, follow me on TWITTER.
  • 11 Feb - rewriting widget render part - needed to adding more functions (like Gmail)
  • 12 Feb - investigating ways to get custom onclick action
  • 15 Feb - Studying Gmail authentication. Render part was successfully rewrited, but still buggy. Custom onclick action is done.
  • 16 Feb - Finally get to working IMAP check of unread messages, now working on secure storage of mail credentials
  • 21 Feb - Testing new version, trying to find out as many bugs as possible before new release
  • 23 Feb - Waiting for translations, new version will contain English, Czech, French and Spanish(only numbers)
  • 24 Feb - Have full Spanish and French translation, thanks to DocUHT (FR) and riahc3 (ES)
  • 25 Feb - new version is out!!
  • 12 Mar - DEVELOPMENT STOPPED!! Reason: No free time. Any volunteers to continue in my work are welcomed. Sorry guys ...

Ideas, suggestion
I'm open to any suggestions and yours ideas, how to improve this widget. Thanks :)

Recomendation
If you already have version 0.1.2 and want to upgrade to 0.2, please uninstall old version first! New version has different settings system and its not compatible with old one, so it would probably cause application crash.

Attachments

• froyo.png
    froyo.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 5,480
  • gingerbread.jpg
    gingerbread.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 4,970
  • screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 7,007
  • TxMissed-0.1.2.apk
    478.5 KB · Views: 4,720
  • translation_pack.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 2,549
  • TxMissed-0.2.2.apk
    1 MB · Views: 19,211
Last edited:

Loam1990

Jan 4, 2011
Look like really good ! But it's bugging in my froyo phone ... I can't put it in my home

phumpal

Feb 10, 2011
Pilsen / Carlsbad
Look like really good ! But it's bugging in my froyo phone ... I can't put it in my home

Hi, could you provide me some closer information?

Will widget crash after adding to home or just nothing happened?
Is it posible, that you have unchecked both "Show zero counts" config options? In that case, widget is "invisible" until some events come (new sms/miss call)
Is service running properly? (Settings->Applications->Running services->TxMissed)

Personaly have HTC Desire on LeeDroid 2.3d with no problem.

Appriciate this bug report, Thank you very much for informations

Loam1990

Jan 4, 2011
It's OK now, I found the problem, I should do modification (font, color etc) one by one and not all in the same time !

I really like your app ! Thanks a lot ;)

Last edited:

Int0x

Aug 8, 2010
Works great on my myTouch 4G with Froyo. I am still playing with it though, so we'll see if it continues.

20110210153706.png

Last edited:

KreAch3R

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2010
Please add gmail functionality. :) Thanks very much, nice widget.

Sent from my blaaaaahhh...

djyosnow

Feb 21, 2006
To New Just Yet To Donate

I'm on Ginger bread and see this app is fairly new. I looked in the market first, now seeing this is new. I'll a wait for more updates as I can't seem to get the app to work just yet, on my Evoerolv Gingerbread rom. I'll fuss with it some more, as I can't wait for future updates!

~PLUR~ Peace Love Unity Respect

~DJyoSNOW~

P.S. @KreAch3R K9mail functionality Please & Thanks

Last edited:

xcalibur666

Oct 28, 2008
Choise of application

Is it possible to select a custom application to open instead of the standard?

Normally I use ChompSMS instead of the build in SMS application, but TxMissed opens the build-in SMS app. I've looked under the program settings, and the SMS app is not associated with anything.

phumpal

Feb 10, 2011
Pilsen / Carlsbad
Is it possible to select a custom application to open instead of the standard?

Normally I use ChompSMS instead of the build in SMS application, but TxMissed opens the build-in SMS app. I've looked under the program settings, and the SMS app is not associated with anything.

I will consider this for next versions. If I keep it simple, to understand, app just told android to show sms app. It don't choose anything, just get system default. Maybe it's possible to set Chomp as your default app, for now ...

Loam1990

Jan 4, 2011
Will you try to do it for email too ? :D

There are some bugs for me, when I want to change the font, but except that, It's really nice, very good job !

phumpal

Feb 10, 2011
Pilsen / Carlsbad
Will you try to do it for email too ? :D

There are some bugs for me, when I want to change the font, but except that, It's really nice, very good job !

I will try. For now, I am rewriting UI part, to be able show more than two informations. After this will be done, i should go investigate email options :)

Some font bug was repaired in version 0.1.2, make sure you have updated version. If you already have and app still crashes, i will be glad, if you send crash report ...

Bolerro

Mar 8, 2010
PL
Does not work on my Magic with 2.3.2 GB. It want not install on my phone...
Ahoj soused :) > Hi neighbor :) (CZ - PL) :)

Edit: Ah, now is ok... I installed it on sd, instead of phone mem... my fault ;)

Last edited:

Loam1990

Jan 4, 2011
I will try. For now, I am rewriting UI part, to be able show more than two informations. After this will be done, i should go investigate email options :)

Some font bug was repaired in version 0.1.2, make sure you have updated version. If you already have and app still crashes, i will be glad, if you send crash report ...

Ok thanks !!

Hum I have the version 0.1.2 because I download in the first page... Where is the updated version ? :eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TxMissed - unread sms / missed calls / unread emails widget

Hello,
    i want to contribute with my first widget. It's text based notification widget. Inform you about unread messages or missed calls. Support verbose number (like 1 = one, 5 = five etc.). Very customizable - color, sizes, text format, bold, stroke ... If chosen font does not fit to area, it will be automatically resized to smaller one, which fits. Personally, I use it at Widget Locker screen, so I can easily see count of unread messages. Tested on HTC Desire (Froyo) and emulator (Froyo + Gingerbread)

Screenshots

froyo.th.png
    gingerbread.th.png

Requirements
    • Android version >= 2.0

Features
    • Size of widget is 4x1
    • Hide text, if there is no event
    • Custom Colors (even alpha is supported)
    • Custom fonts (for text and numbers)
    • Font sizes
    • Bold text
    • Stroke text
    • Alignment
    • Onclick action
    • English, Czech, French(DocUHT), German(swiadek) and Spanish(riahc3) localization
    • Verbose numbers
    • Support multiple screen resolutions
    • Choose between none or zero
    • Not zero numbers can have different color than zero numbers
    • Check unread emails (periodic check of IMAP account)
    • Email account data are stored with AES encryption
    • Connection can be limited only to WiFi connection - to reduce bills

Version history
    • 0.1 First version
    • 0.1.1 Add bug report function (thanks to reporting)
    • 0.1.2 Fix crash on font change
    • 0.2 Add email functionality (IMAP), French and Espanol translation, different setting for multiple widgets, more settings to customize
    • 0.2.1 Add German translation (thanks to swiadek), fix configuration bug
    • 0.2.2 Fixed email bug
    • 0.2.3 Just for TEST purposes, upgrade German translate, testing breakline version, hopefully fix CPU usage

Translation
    If somebody wants to translate widget to his language, feel free to download translation pack and translate to whatever you want :) Translation pack is XML based, so it is easy to read.

Donate
    If you like it, please donate development. Even small donation can help :) Donation will be used for Android Developer license and enter to Android Market. Thank You :)

I Thank users, who already donate
    • reinbeau
    • xcalibur666
    • Иван Дробный

TODO list ~ your requests
    • Do a "breakline" version (every part on new line)
    • Implement vertical positioning
    • HEX color input
    • Inverstigate WidgetLocker ID issues
    • Asynchronous K9 mail check

Current progress

• Maybe I can write some tweet about progress from time to time, if you want to check it out, follow me on TWITTER.
    • 11 Feb - rewriting widget render part - needed to adding more functions (like Gmail)
    • 12 Feb - investigating ways to get custom onclick action
    • 15 Feb - Studying Gmail authentication. Render part was successfully rewrited, but still buggy. Custom onclick action is done.
    • 16 Feb - Finally get to working IMAP check of unread messages, now working on secure storage of mail credentials
    • 21 Feb - Testing new version, trying to find out as many bugs as possible before new release
    • 23 Feb - Waiting for translations, new version will contain English, Czech, French and Spanish(only numbers)
    • 24 Feb - Have full Spanish and French translation, thanks to DocUHT (FR) and riahc3 (ES)
    • 25 Feb - new version is out!!
    • 12 Mar - DEVELOPMENT STOPPED!! Reason: No free time. Any volunteers to continue in my work are welcomed. Sorry guys ...

Ideas, suggestion
    I'm open to any suggestions and yours ideas, how to improve this widget. Thanks :)

Recomendation
    If you already have version 0.1.2 and want to upgrade to 0.2, please uninstall old version first! New version has different settings system and its not compatible with old one, so it would probably cause application crash.
    Good work. I wanted to do this with tasker. But there is no missed call variable in Tasker...as far as i know.
    Hi phumpal, I love this widget.

Would it be possible (or is it already possible) to add an option to change the word 'none' to 'zero' I realise 'none' is better English, but it's just a bit too similar to the word 'one' and when using the default, quite compact, layout the two are difficult to distinguish.

No problem with that, it doesn't take much work to do ... added to "wish list" for next versions :)
    Would it be possible to make this widget break into two lines

callnone
    texttwo

?

I'm sorry, I have not much time - school, job etc. Hardly have few hours a week to fix bugs. So I don't think it would be possible in near future. I can add it to todo list and if will be some free time in my schedule, I will do it, but no promises!
    Hi All,

I'm currently developing a widget with much of the features of TxMissed:

• It currently reports number of missed calls, unread SMS and unread messages on the main phone's account (the gmail account).
    • Customization of font and background color and transparency. Also font faces (can use fonts stored in external SD card).
    • Customization of the layout (alignments, padding, etc).
    • Text messages can be customized to show whatever phrase you want.

And more features I have currently planned to include.

I hope to upload a first version here at XDA in one or two days, after I can test it a bit more, so stay tuned if you are interested.