Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] JH7 Odin?

OP drakizard

11th February 2011, 12:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

33 posts
Ok, so I have Froyo on my Captivate from a looong time ago, but now I want to put in Andromeda 2.0. I followed the directions but then it says i have to get back to stock firmware. I got my Captivate on October 25, so it had the JH7, so now I need to get back to that firmware. Anything before that would brick my phone, so I'm trying to find an Odin restore that will get me back to JH7. And yes, I have googled it up a lot. Could you tell me or post a link, where I might find it?
11th February 2011, 12:28 AM   |  #2  
Flag Derby/Wichita Kansas
Thanks Meter: 85

1,260 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakizard

Ok, so I have Froyo on my Captivate from a looong time ago, but now I want to put in Andromeda 2.0. I followed the directions but then it says i have to get back to stock firmware. I got my Captivate on October 25, so it had the JH7, so now I need to get back to that firmware. Anything before that would brick my phone, so I'm trying to find an Odin restore that will get me back to JH7. And yes, I have googled it up a lot. Could you tell me or post a link, where I might find it?

1) Wrong section

2) You really do not need to go back to stock, that is just a disclaimer used. If you understand you have the possibility of bricking your phone than just flash the ROM. I will help you search but if you search the Dev forum rather than google you will find the thread for JH7 Odin. The only time you really need to go back to stock is with a bad flash, which sometimes can be fixed by flashing the ROM a second time.
11th February 2011, 12:34 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

33 posts
Ok thanks, sorry for the wrong thread I'm just about to do the Andromeda 2.0 now.

Also, so it doesn't matter that I have the leaked 2.2 firmware, I can still download it with that rather than the 2.1?
11th February 2011, 12:41 AM   |  #4  
Flag FLORIDA
Thanks Meter: 10

143 posts
Donate to Me
More
Lightbulb
yes you can flashhhhhhhhhhhhh if you don't make your phone into a paperweight
11th February 2011, 12:57 AM   |  #5  
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 18

281 posts
More
I got a replacement 1010 with jh7 installed and had no issues using the odin ji6 one click restore on it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
11th February 2011, 02:53 AM   |  #6  
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Fear the Clown
Flag Lake Ridge, Virginia
Thanks Meter: 2,385

5,908 posts
Donate to Me
More
Moved to Q&A as not android development
11th February 2011, 03:12 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 18

257 posts
Write lets get since information in here...

No technically you do not need to go back to stock but it is always a good idea. No matter what phone model or what stock it came with going back to jh6 is the best bet. It is the tried and true method and better then jh7.so just use the normal common odin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App
11th February 2011, 03:30 AM   |  #8  
O.C. California
Thanks Meter: 123

454 posts
More
You could just flash over but the thing you would have to get past is 3e recovery there is a fix for that. I think there was a time when all new roms in xda were based on official 2.2 software back in october and november of last year and it had 3e, and the easiest way to get past it was to flash stock first. also there are two versions of odin you should try to get familiar with and a recently updated wiki sorta thread should be useful for up to date info. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread