No registration required

PowerPoint OpenOffice remote control - free app

OP v XenOn v

12th February 2011, 12:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

24 posts
Hello community,

this week I've released my new app. With this app you can control PowerPoint and OpenOffice presentations. And the best: this app is for free!

Here are some features:

-presentation preview on your phone
-notes supported
-easy to setup
-no installation on your PC required
-excellent documentation
-supports all screen sizes
-multilingual

I would be very happy about some feedback.

Please visit my homepage for the download links, a description and an example. There you'll probably find all information.

Homepage

Thank you very much!
Last edited by v XenOn v; 3rd March 2011 at 11:05 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to v XenOn v For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2011, 02:06 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 70

228 posts
Donate to Me
Works well on HTC Wildfire. It has a few bugs though:
Main page of application doesn't fit 100%. The last line: Connection: Wi-fi doesn't fit 100% on screen. It's readable, but if you make the image 1-3% smaller it would fit.

When in presentation, the Top overview of 3 sheets is buggy. Sometimes I need to press the middle one to go to next sheet, sometimes i need the right one.

The buttons are working, also sliding the main sheet to go to next one works fine.

Although, great Application.

Tested on Linux Mint 64 bit and HTC Wildfire @ 2.2.1 stock over wifi.

Couldn't connect over 3G, could be port issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to fifarunnerr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2011, 02:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
Wow, thanks for these detailed feedback. That helps a lot

I could not test it on Linux, yet, so I am happy that it worked for you. Also I will correct these mistakes.

You've mentioned the top overview. No that is not a bug, what you have explained. If you press a special picture, the presentation jumps to this page. If you scroll, the presentation does nothing until you select a picture. Or did I understand you wrong?

You are right, over 3G does not work and yes, it is a port issue.

Thank you very much!
12th February 2011, 04:58 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 70

228 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by v XenOn v

Wow, thanks for these detailed feedback. That helps a lot

I could not test it on Linux, yet, so I am happy that it worked for you. Also I will correct these mistakes.

You've mentioned the top overview. No that is not a bug, what you have explained. If you press a special picture, the presentation jumps to this page. If you scroll, the presentation does nothing until you select a picture. Or did I understand you wrong?

You are right, over 3G does not work and yes, it is a port issue.

Thank you very much!

At top I'm seeing 3 small images. I thought the left one was previous sheet, middle one is sheet that is showing at the moment and right sheet is next sheet.

But while testing: Pressing middle one "opened" current sheet and pressing right one opened next sheet.
OR
Pressing middle one opened next sheet, and pressing right one the one next to middle. So if current was no. 10, pressing the middle opened no. 11, and if current view was no. 10 and I pressed right it opened no. 12.

Don't know if that's a bug, but it seemed to be like one. But I can live with buttons, sliding to go to next/previous sheet
The Following User Says Thank You to fifarunnerr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2011, 05:56 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
I've tried it myself and you are right. That's definitely a bug. I'll fix that in the next version. Thank you
12th February 2011, 09:50 PM   |  #6  
Flag Ho Chi Minh City
Thanks Meter: 12

308 posts
More
how to I run that .jar file?
13th February 2011, 01:13 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
Open it with JAVA (scroll down on my homepage, I made a screenshot).

You can also open it with the command line. On Windows hit start, type "cmd". Navigate to the folder, where you have saved the .jar file (or put it on your Desktop and type in the command window "cd Desktop"). After that type "java -jar FreePowerPointRemote_PC.jar".

This entire block does the same like opening it with JAVA.

Does that work for you?
13th February 2011, 01:01 PM   |  #8  
Flag Ho Chi Minh City

308 posts
More
in the command line windows, it says java is not recognized. to i need to install anything beforehand? i do have java 6 on my pc
13th February 2011, 01:28 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
This can happen, you haven't set the JAVA HOME variable, yet. I had this issue a lot in the past and it is really annoying. Please google for a solution, there a very short and simple tutorials to fix that.

However, if you have installed JAVA the easiest way to open this .jar is to right click on it and choose "open with". If JAVA is not listed, then select "choose a standard program" at the botton. The path for java.exe is in my case "C:\\programs\java\jre6\bin\java.exe". Select this .exe file and open the .jar.

I think that is very easy and a better solution for most people than the command line.

Did that work?
13th February 2011, 01:54 PM   |  #10  
Flag Ho Chi Minh City

308 posts
More
Opened with Java.exe and nothing appeared. Is there any way you can make an exe file?

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app, free, openoffice, powerpoint, remote
Previous Thread Next Thread