Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,683 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] where do i find the update.zip file on my phone?

Tip us?

nadineynuisance
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] where do i find the update.zip file on my phone?

????

and where can i download it from because that seems to be the problem im having with my phone, the file appears to not exist according to the error messages im getting

azzledazzle
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 2,022

DONATE TO ME
your not making sense... have you downloaded an update.zip file ?? if so did u put it at the root of your internal sd card ??

nadineynuisance
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzledazzle View Post
your not making sense... have you downloaded an update.zip file ?? if so did u put it at the root of your internal sd card ??
im a bit confused myself. i updated my phone to froyo via odin the other day and since then ive had force close loops and been unable to use any apps. when i boot into recovery mode and apply sdcard:update.zip as i was advised i get this message:

E:failed to open /mnt/internal_sd/update.zip (no such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

i assumed this was a file that was already supposed to be on my phone. i also assumed this was the reason im having the force closes as i am unable to format my sd card or delete anything from it.

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4,418
Normal method is download to PC Connect phone in USB mass storage mode and transfer file to Phone sd card as update . Might need to rename the file if not update .
Power phone on via Recovery mode and navigate clockwork recovery to update.zip .

jje

nadineynuisance
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan View Post
Normal method is download to PC Connect phone in USB mass storage mode and transfer file to Phone sd card as update . Might need to rename the file if not update .
Power phone on via Recovery mode and navigate clockwork recovery to update.zip .

jje
where do i get the update.zip file from though?

nadineynuisance
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
followed this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=734166 to dl clockwork recovery and it wont open :S

nadineynuisance
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
please can anyone help???????

surya_mca
Old
Thanks Meter 395

DONATE TO ME
Default please can anyone help???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadineynuisance View Post
please can anyone help???????
dud first download any ROM(like Darky i prefer or DOC) and keep the file in your internal sdcard say in /sdcard/download.

Then goto recovery mode and install from sdcard-> choosed zip from sdcard-> then card to the zip file location /sdcard/download, then select the file and instal.
you can move to folders using ur volume up and down key.

You can find ROM's in [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=665"/URL]

Enjoy..

azzledazzle
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 2,022

DONATE TO ME
When your in recovery what does it say ??? does it say 'clockwork recovery' or summit like 'android recovery system <3e>

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4,418
First step would be to read the FAQs as you are trying to start at the middle instead of the beginning .

What exactly are you trying to achieve .

jje