5,597,084 Members 47,049 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help: How to Revert to Stock WP6.5?

Tip us?

ElvinWasHere
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Help: How to Revert to Stock WP6.5?

Hey guys,

I've searched everywhere but there's no definitive guide to revert to stock from WP7. Pretty much, I tried out WP7 on my dad's HD2, but he didn't like it. So I need to revert it, but there's so much stuff to know that it all gets pretty intimidating.

Anyways,
HTC HD2 w/ Windows Phone 7 (Using aMAGLDR V1.12 - Build: Jan 12 2001, 21:09:22 - by Cotulla 2011 [this ONLY, no other mods present])
Trying to convert back to Windows Phone 6.5
Using Windows XP

Have d/led Windows Active Sync but it won't connect to the PC even when the USB is plugged in. (I'm guessing this is the reason why I can't revert to stock, it won't even connect to the PC)

I've also d/led the latest stock RUU_Leo_1_5_TMOUS_3.14.531.1_Radio_Signed_15.42.50 .11U_2.15.50.14_2_Ship from the forums.

It looks like I have all the resources but my PC won't even recognize the phone being connected to the computer. Must I do anything else besides attempting to flash the stock ROM?

Thanks A LOOOOTTTTT in advance!

Wdustin1
Old
Thanks Meter 306
I have the Exact same question anybody help please?

SpiderVenom
Old
Thanks Meter 14
It might be you don't have the drivers installed that are needed, your antivirus could be preventing a connection, I had a similar problem where it seemed that it didn't recognize my phone uninstalled sync when into my bootloader it didn't seem to recognize my phone tasked 29 and it went through without a problem

ElvinWasHere
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
::BUMP::

PLEASE someone help me out, this is getting soo frustrating, I switched to my laptop running Vista and it still won't recognize it.

I d/led Windows Mobile Device Center and it STILL won't work.

Please anyone.

C-KID
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Enter the bootloader screen then plug phone in and wait for it to say USB at the bottom then flash the stock rom from t-mobile

Sent from my FutureShocks HD2 MIUI using XDA App

xmoo
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1788

DONATE TO ME
Do what he says in post above mine.

Or flash using SD-Card method!

Also read the MAGDLR thread dummy, there you also see how to revert back :P
Follow me on Twitter

lebmb
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmoo View Post
Do what he says in post above mine.

Or flash using SD-Card method!

Also read the MAGDLR thread dummy, there you also see how to revert back :P
dude u been around here long enough, no need for name calling
actually im having the same issue as of today

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1526

i was able to flash winmo through sd card but 10 different pcs wont see this phone now, from win xp to vista, win 7, mac !
phone works fine in winmo but cant connect, obviously cant flash hspl3 so im stuck on stock winmo, with both spls 2.8 and 2.10 and none of them makes a different
i'll bookmark this and keep following up and if i figure it out i'll update
Devices:
MDA-->Tilt-->Touch Pro-->Touch Pro2-->Moto Droid GSM&CDMA(Desk Clock)-->HD2-->Hero-->EVO--> Thunderbolt-->Inspire-->MyTouch 4G-->Atrix 1&2&HD--> Backflip-->Sensation-->Vivid--> Nexus S-->Nexus 1-->Incredible S-->Amaze-->Galaxy S 4G & Vibrant & Captivate-->Galaxy S2 i777 & i727 & T989-->Kindle Fire & Galaxy8.9 & Xoom-->Galaxy S3-->One X-->Chromecast Rooted-->DNA at&t-->HTC One-->Butterfly S

“Scientists dream about doing great things. Engineers do them.” James A. Michener

bending
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default back to stock LEO

I have same problem i install 2.2 android on my HTC hd2 (t-mobile) and now i can't sync my phone with computer to install stock LEO as well as there is no option on the 2.2 froyo for sd card if any one know how to get back to stock windows 6.5 let me know

oscar0324
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I can't find the stock rom on tmobile

kungfubass1961
Old
Thanks Meter 0
http://dl.htc.com/ruudownload/t-mobi....aspx?pid=leo2

tmobile stock rom.