[ROM] ApeX V1.4.1 for Droid X & Droid 2 - Refinement and Ease of Use (2/22/2011)

Search This thread

phillybizzle

Sep 28, 2010
Brew City, WI, 414
whenever I go into my settings and accounts, it always force closes and I cannot edit my email. I flashed the honybread theme if that helps.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Jacklad

Jan 19, 2009
Los Angeles
Can't thank you enough for this amazing release - it's everything I could have asked for and more - really complete and rock solid

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App

enzojrc

Oct 17, 2010
Orlando
....I have no clue how to get this overclock script working, and for some reason the Droid X/2 overclocker app does not want to work with this ROM, causes my phone to reboot.

HELP!!!

heamchandd

Jun 26, 2008
i tried to install the rom and i was successfull, but i cant make my phone to work. it went in to airplane mode and stayed in that mode the entire time. what should i do.

bobstro

Jun 6, 2009
The updatetb script doesn't seem to do any error checks, so when you run it while the site is down, it actually downloads the web hosting error page and over-writes the previous version of apextoolbox with it. If you open up the script, you'll see the HTML.

I pulled the older version of the script from the .zip to get it working again.

- Bob

Abowersq

Sep 19, 2010
Big Thanks to BIGXIE because Apex toolbox is back up and running. Just run updatetb in your terminal and things will sync again. Awesome ROM and awesome work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ApeX V1.4.1 for Droid X & Droid 2 - As Blurry or Stock as you'd like. The power is in your hands!

For Droid X users, you must be on system 2.3.340 already. I think it is safe to assume the overwhelming majority of you already are. There are no additional requirements for Droid 2 users.

Many common questions about Apex have answers that can now be found at the official Wiki. Please take a look below, thanks!

Main Page - FabDroid Wiki

Changes in V1.4.1

• updated busybox to 1.18.0
    • switched from install-recovery.sh to init.d startup scripts (won't butt heads with apps anymore!)
    • integrated Marius/Imoseyon's startup/cron scripts into my init.d scripts (well, basically kanged them!)
    • Almost 100% certain I fixed nasty startup FC's!
    • Apex mountain wallpaper is now reaccessible through 'Wallpaper Gallery'
    • THX Certified sound is working ;-)
    • Swype is fixed for D2 Version
    • Toolbox update 1.0.6 (cleaner menu drawing, more themes)

Changes in V1.4.0

• New Apex Toolbox (Terminal Based) to customize the ROM to the max
    • New Boot Animation (thanks tntdroid!)
    • New Background, Ringtone, Notification Tone (change of pace!)
    • Taller GB Keyboard, same size as MT Keyboard (thanks kejar31!)
    • Removed Data Throttling (thanks droidxchat for an awesome utility!)
    • Core Apps all updated to latest versions (Gmail, ADW Launcher, Market, Search, etc.)
    • Blacked out Google Talk app (ty kejar31!)
    • Fixed Mms.apk w/ Android 2.3.2 routing fixes (won't send to the wrong person!)
    • MusicMod back by default, supports lock screen controls (ty kejar31!)
    • FC @ Startup fixed (no more wait, power, reboot cycle!)
    • Updated JRummy overclocking script (ty JRummy16!)
    • Option to install leaked Motorola "Connected Player" in Toolbox
    • A LOT of new features in the Toolbox (services.jar tweaks, goodies downloader, etc.)

Credits to P3Droid, TBH, Team DeFuse, Xeudoxus, Beesley, Cyanogen, Pete, and many more. Without all the contributions of the devs to the Android community, this would not be possible. Thanks!

I especially want to thank kejar31 and JRummy16! They've both been very helpful to me to help make ApeX better!​

Features:

• Optimized & Zipaligned framework and applications
    • Combination of AOSP and Blur apps (customize with Toolbox!)
    • Build.prop and sysctl.conf mods (ty Beesley, nenolod, drod!)
    • Gingerbread Android 2.3 Theme from SDK image
    • Transparent Notification Shade
    • ADW.Launcher with up to 7 homescreens (5 by default)
    • Customizable Neural Network Live Wallpaper from CyanogenMod
    • Built-in ad blocking (toggle with Toolbox!)
    • Google-fixed 2.3.2 MMS app w/ black background (switchable to Blur via Toolbox!)
    • Yahoo! email and corporate sync working (requires switching to Motorola Messaging Suite)
    • Custom window animations and transitions
    • Spare Parts, Terminal Emulator, Wireless Tether preinstalled
    • Many options to customize and make this ROM yours via Toolbox!

Droid 2 Users - Your Swype apk is preinstalled onto your sdcard in the 'ApeX' folder. Use the included Files app to install it.

Screenshots

140-ss1.png
    140-ss2.png

140-ss4.png
    140-ss5.png

140-ss3.png
    140-ss6.png

Toolbox:

You can access the toolbox by following these three steps - open terminal emulator, type su and hit enter, type apextoolbox and hit enter.

You can then navigate the toolbox using the corresponding numbers from the menus!

140-toolbox.png

Comprehensive guide to the Toolbox will be up in the Wiki within a few days!​

Scripts: There are still a few scripts left. They are as follows:

apextoolbox : this launches the Toolbox script
    overclock : this launches the overclocking script
    sys : this mounts/unmounts system as read/write
    updatetb : this updates the toolbox against my server

Installation Instructions: Please have a nandroid of your current setup in case this is not for you :)

Users coming from 1.3.1 may be safe to keep data and cache. If there are problems, then factory reset. - Uninstall updates to Market, Gmail, ADW Launcher, & Search if they're there under Settings->Applications->Manage Applications first.

-Place file on your sdcard. Bootstrap recovery and reboot recovery
    -Select Factory Reset (delete data/cache)
    -Return to previous menu and install .zip from sd card
    -Choose ApeX and install!​

Download Links:

Droid X V1.4.1
    MD5: d2e2cdc88c2b87a55fee11cd5d568c9d

Droid 2 V1.4.1
    MD5: 49a729454a52087b452b2aaaab90aec9

QUIRKS

- If you're using another launcher besides ADW, do not use the 'Search' widget. That's for ADW only. It'll get stuck at the top of your screen if you use it on LauncherPro. Use the 'Google Search' widget instead.

- If you add Yahoo! account through the My Accounts app, you will need to use the Toolbox to switch to the Motorola Messaging Suite (MMS & Email)​

Themes:

Comprehensive list of themes for 1.4.x can be found here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/fabolous-x/102248-themes-apex-1-4-x-2-21-11-a.html

If you enjoy my work, consider buying me a beer :)

Beer Fund | FabDroid
    Apparently if you move this to system/lib swype will work

http://fabdroid.com/goodies/libSwypeCore.so