Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Battery Life on the X10

OP curious_yellow_eyes

14th February 2011, 09:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69

680 posts
Ok, so there was a lot of discussion in Z's FreeX10 thread regarding whether it improved/worsened battery life, so I am running a little experiment. With the aid of Juiceplotter I ran for a few days on FreeX10b4, and then on the stock(ish) Rooted JIT 2.1.A.0.435 found here.

Beta 4 Over 24 Hours
Beta 4 Zoomed in on a period of use

Stock .435 over 24 Hours
Stock .435 zoomed in on a period of use (not the same day as the first image)

Typical use is just web browsing, not games or videos. It certainly looks a little steeper on the Beta4 graph.
Tomorrow I'll flash to the previous baseband and repeat for beta3 vs. Stock. If anyone knows how to make the pictures smaller I'd be grateful... I know how to do it in HTML but I've never posted anything in PHP before!

26/02/2011 Ok, after much delay I'm now running .49 baseband, flashed using Zhidhu's pre-rooted 2.0.2.A.24 found here. As some in the comments have noted, results seem to vary wildly w.r.t. battery life, which is why I thought I'd run tests on them all using the same handset and the same usage (i.e. mine) which should eliminate most variables.
Last edited by curious_yellow_eyes; 26th February 2011 at 03:44 PM. Reason: update
15th February 2011, 12:27 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 242

1,377 posts
More
Mine is the best it's ever been personally... Seems like results are extremely varied.
15th February 2011, 03:36 AM   |  #3  
Flag Buried deep inside my mind
Thanks Meter: 73

1,155 posts
More
I get a vary of result for example today it has used 49% of the battery in 4 hours o.0
using juice defender but not auto task killer
16th February 2011, 11:08 PM   |  #4  
Flag Gallarate (VA)
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiscidtox

Mine is the best it's ever been personally... Seems like results are extremely varied.

I totally agree! My x10i may last even 3 days with moderate use of data and wi-fi, barely 1 if use it like it has to...
16th February 2011, 11:12 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 16

323 posts
More
. 435 very good battery life here having struggled on beta4

Sent from my X10i using XDA App
17th February 2011, 08:56 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 4

53 posts
More
I think there may be a bit of a battery or power glitch. My phone has stopped charging a couple of times, once at 74%, the other at 92%, and the battery has got quite hot. A swift reboot sorted it.
Generally, I think FreeX10 may be a bit heavier on the battery, but it's really hard to tell because it's so much nicer to use compared to the stock ROM that I think I'm using the phone lots more than I was :D

Sent from my X10i using XDA App
17th February 2011, 10:05 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 13

522 posts
I had some woeful battery time with Freex10Beta3, but then yesterday it was fantastic - sure, I wouldn't get 3 days out of it, but I could have pushed 1.5 easily...

Trouble with battery life is that it isn't an exact science (should be), but it seems you can change nothing, and have some drastic improvements. Or hardly touch the phone one day and it's dead in no time.
17th February 2011, 11:05 PM   |  #8  
Flag Queretaro
Thanks Meter: 1

35 posts
More
My X10 since new always drains my battery in one day, it's not a hardware problem, since i got a replacement, and then a battery replacement, i wish we could improve the batttery life a little more

i'm on BETA4
18th February 2011, 03:17 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 43

299 posts
I'm not gonna say my battery life has been amazing lasting for weeks or anything but ive had no problem with it. I mean it lasts more than a day or maybe more than two with relatively light usage. And if I'm constantly on it I can drain it in 8hrs but I never drain it completely. And I've seen consistent life over the roms I've used as long as the flash was good which sometimes takes a couple times. My mom has one and she uses it only sparingly and it lasts over a week so in reality for having a computer in your pocket the life is not that bad. Besides do you really need to update your twitter status every 6 minutes?? :P

Sent from my Delorean using a flux capacitor!
18th February 2011, 05:56 AM   |  #10  
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 50

98 posts
Donate to Me
More
Nice Idea.

Personally I found that the battery life on Beta 2 was better than Beat 3 and 4.
Is is possibile to add it to your test?

Also the only only diffrence between Beta 3 and Beta 4 is the Baseband...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery life, eclair, froyo, x10
Previous Thread Next Thread