5,605,904 Members 47,133 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][May 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.3 <<< | TEST Build Available

Tip us?

phiredrop
Old
(Last edited by phiredrop; 14th June 2011 at 10:04 PM.) Reason: added test build link
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 459

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM][May 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.3 <<< | TEST Build Available

Welcome to phiremod for Nook! This rom is based off CM7.0.3, so thanks to Cyanogen and teamdouche for the awesome work.

I am not a developer - I do this for fun - thank your devs for all of their much appreciated work.

Quote:
Let me make this clear: If you want stock CyanogenMod on your nook, please download it from here. I tweaked it for my purposes, and decided to share it with the community. Feel free to take it or leave it. To follow the progress of CM7 development for the Nook, please see Dalingrin's thread here. If you are a developer of an included app and wish for me to remove it, just let me know.

Your warranty was void long ago, so I am not responsible for any damages you may encounter (though you probably won’t). This is a Clockwork flashable zip only. It WILL erase your internal memory. Please make the necessary backups.

Quote:
Installation for V6.3:
- NOTE: If you would like to run phiremod off your SD card rather than EMMC, XDA user racks11479 made a nice guide here.
- Flash with ClockworkMod Recovery =)
- Also available via Rom Manager

Quote:
New! Test build available based on Nightly 101. Please be aware it is based on an 'unstable' nightly build. Please take the necessary backups.

Get it here!

Huge thanks to:
Cyanogen + teamdouche
Mad-Murdock
samuelhalff
adam2010
Cicada
thecubed
dalingrin
fattire
All the others who made Froyo/Gingerbread possible for the nook.

Quote:

Download

phiremod nook V6.3
The Following 110 Users Say Thank You to phiredrop For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

phiredrop
Old
(Last edited by phiredrop; 29th May 2011 at 09:04 PM.) Reason: cleaned things up
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 459

DONATE TO ME
Changelog:

V6.3
:: As always, a fresh install is recommended, but not required. If you upgrade and experience issues, please WIPE and reflash before posting.
* Based on CM 7.0.3
* OC Kernel
* Tweaked Theme
* LauncherPro
* New email app
* New canvas app
* Updated Market to 2.3.6
* Updated Titanium Backup
* Removed some bloat
* Other minor things
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to phiredrop For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jamdat33
Old
Thanks Meter 16
woo!! Downloading and installing right now!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jamdat33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Link3737
Old
Thanks Meter 10
"- System fonts are still black (so status bar text/menu setting text aren't readable)"

I'm no themer, but I would think this would be fairly easy to fix.

That aside, it's great to see a new release on the NC scene. Downloading now!
The Following User Says Thank You to Link3737 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shad0wf0x
Old
Thanks Meter 85
For what it's worth, i'm having the same problem setting up my google account on your rom as I was having on nookie froyo .6.7 with gapps an hour ago. With the same errors in the logcat as well.

Code:
I/ActivityManager(  897): Displayed activity com.google.android.gsf/.login.Login
I/CheckinService( 1114): Preparing to send checkin request
V/CheckinRequestBuilder( 1114): pre-froyo android id is 0
I/CheckinTask( 1114): Sending checkin request (30812 bytes)
E/CheckinTask( 1114): Checkin failed: https://android.clients.google.com/checkin (request #0)
E/CheckinTask( 1114): java.io.IOException: Rejected response from server: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
E/CheckinTask( 1114):   at com.google.android.gsf.checkin.CheckinTask.parseResponse(CheckinTask.java:298)
E/CheckinTask( 1114):   at com.google.android.gsf.checkin.CheckinTask.sendRequest(CheckinTask.java:246)
E/CheckinTask( 1114):   at com.google.android.gsf.checkin.CheckinTask.doInBackground(CheckinTask.java:146)
E/CheckinTask( 1114):   at com.google.android.gsf.checkin.CheckinService$1.doInBackground(CheckinService.java:221)
E/CheckinTask( 1114):   at com.google.android.gsf.checkin.CheckinService$1.doInBackground(CheckinService.java:228)
E/CheckinTask( 1114):   at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:185)
E/CheckinTask( 1114):   at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:305)
E/CheckinTask( 1114):   at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:137)
E/CheckinTask( 1114):   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1068)
E/CheckinTask( 1114):   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:561)
E/CheckinTask( 1114):   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1096)
Shad0wf0x
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 (CM11)
Asus Nexus 7 2013
HTC G2 (CM7)
Samsung Captivate (CM10.2)
Nook Color (CM7)
The Following User Says Thank You to shad0wf0x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

phiredrop
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 459

DONATE TO ME
Sorry about that initial hiccup folks

Beta 2 is now out which fixes the market. Still much work to be done. Enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to phiredrop For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SiL3nTKiLL
Old
Thanks Meter 67
downloading now!!!
Phones:
1. Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
2. iPhone 4S
Tabs:
Apple iPad 2
Galaxy Tab 10.1

Canadoc
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiL3nTKiLL View Post
downloading now!!!
sorry for my ignornce but other than market already being in place how is this different from nookie froyo?

TheEditor
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Features
- Froyo 2.2.1
- Sudo-Gingerbread theme (ADW)
- Default LCD density of 160 (user adjustable)
- Some larger framework image files for the larger screen
- Miui Music and Gallery
- Droid X keyboard
- gTab simi Clock widget included
- LCDDensity included

comdei
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Looks nice, just wondering why you wanted to keep the stock launcher that has the phone.apk shortcut on it.

While we have no phone?