Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

[APP] Biblioholic - Library book manager

15th February 2011, 06:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

25 posts
Greetings. Tired of returning library books late? Biblioholic allows you to manage books you have checked out of a library system.

Add a book(s) to the list, select the due date, and receive a notification when it is due!

If you'd like, you may also make an update to Twitter regarding your book.

Confession: I made this app for my spouse who really needs to stop returning books late.

Looking for feedback & comments! Hopefully someone out there still uses an old-fashioned library. Thanks!

Also available on the Market.

Screenshots:

Recent changes:

v0.9.1: Added renew book ability, Added default checkout length (default is 21 days)
Attached Files
File Type: apk Biblioholic Free 0_9_1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (345.9 KB, 260 views)
Last edited by vesperaNovus; 19th February 2011 at 05:13 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to vesperaNovus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2011, 05:00 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

25 posts
Posted on the Android Market as Biblioholic Free. Please let me know if you like it.

http://goo.gl/efNNC
16th February 2011, 04:00 PM   |  #3  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 6

76 posts
More
Looks awesome!
I can't find the full version anywhere. Will the free expire after 30 days?
16th February 2011, 04:06 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRRemlin

Looks awesome!
I can't find the full version anywhere. Will the free expire after 30 days?

Thanks for checking it out! I have the full version on hold right now until I figure out my publishing strategy.

Right now I wanted to get feedback from people and make sure nothing was broken on any HW or SW versions. Have you checked out any books yet?
16th February 2011, 04:28 PM   |  #5  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 6

76 posts
More
Not yet. Only yesterday I paid $3 and returned the books. I should chekc out a few more this weekend and will definitely let you know how the program works.
Again, this is an awesome idea! Somehow scheduling due dates in Google Calendar didn't help me much.

Maybe you should have an option for "nagging", since "some of us" dismiss the reminder and forget immideately :P
16th February 2011, 04:49 PM   |  #6  

102 posts
Suggestions
Ability to scan bar codes.
Ability to enter ISBN.
Integrate with calendar.
Integrate with to do list.
Send email instead of SMS/Twitter.
Ability to have default due date (at my library, books are 3 weeks, CDs/DVDs are 1 week; for books I'd want 3 days, for discs I'd want 2 days).
Different default alarm date for different types.

And, as always, the fewer the taps it takes to do something, the better. Try to figure out ways to make it as efficient as possible. Ideally:
1. Launch app
2. Scan barcode(s)
3. Tap OK at any point to accept defaults for all items.

Optionally, for those with access to multiple libraries, would be a way to pick which library (e.g. scan library card's bar code first, tap on list (not a pick list unless more than 3 libraries please!). Of course, if no library is defined, or only 1, don't make it a step to pick which library, the way it is now is fine :)
Last edited by excarnate; 16th February 2011 at 04:51 PM. Reason: clarify suggestion
The Following User Says Thank You to excarnate For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2011, 07:38 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Wink
As a librarian, I support this App.

Haha -- Collecting late fees is a pain in the butt.
17th February 2011, 08:24 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Developer
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 802

4,085 posts
Great idea! I think with the posibility to scan bar codes for title info you have an app here with big potential (notice that the isbn codes that are scanned are fairly easy to find on the internet. I even believe that there's a central database for this. If not, just use the amazon site )

Take a look at this open source project for implementing barcode scanner funtionality: http://code.google.com/p/zxing/

If you are looking for a partner in this project, let me know
Last edited by appelflap; 17th February 2011 at 08:40 AM.
19th February 2011, 05:14 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

25 posts
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Uploaded v0.9.1.

v0.9.1: Added renew book ability, Added default checkout length (default is 21 days)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app, books, library
Previous Thread Next Thread