Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,541 Members 53,749 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Storing data on SD card

Tip us?

jpsvnh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Storing data on SD card

Is there a way to store files from programs on the SD card. I am using Co-Pilot GPS and when I install the program on my tablet (from the SD card) it tells me to download the maps. The maps are also on the SD card but Co_pilot can't see them. I had tried to download direct to the tablet but the file is too big for internal memory so I had to download only my state. This has happened with several Apps that I tried to load. Is there a way to redirect the data to the SD and have the program recognise it. Do I need Dexters download??

Thanks,

John

RojasTKD
Old
Thanks Meter 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsvnh View Post
Is there a way to store files from programs on the SD card. I am using Co-Pilot GPS and when I install the program on my tablet (from the SD card) it tells me to download the maps. The maps are also on the SD card but Co_pilot can't see them. I had tried to download direct to the tablet but the file is too big for internal memory so I had to download only my state. This has happened with several Apps that I tried to load. Is there a way to redirect the data to the SD and have the program recognise it. Do I need Dexters download??

Thanks,

John
Sorry... I don't think anyone has figured out how to get app to work with the SD card yet. eLocity/Stream TV has not addressed the issue. I do believe Dexter is looking into it.

For now I have CoPilot running on my g -tablet, as I don't think it would fit onto my eLocity. You may be able to fit the US maps, but just barely (again just maybe, if the stars align just right). I believe it gives you the option to just download regions or states.

On a device with such little storage available this is a BIG deal!
The Following User Says Thank You to RojasTKD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nodozen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RojasTKD View Post
Sorry... I don't think anyone has figured out how to get app to work with the SD card yet. eLocity/Stream TV has not addressed the issue. I do believe Dexter is looking into it.

For now I have CoPilot running on my g -tablet, as I don't think it would fit onto my eLocity. You may be able to fit the US maps, but just barely (again just maybe, if the stars align just right). I believe it gives you the option to just download regions or states.

On a device with such little storage available this is a BIG deal!
Does Android have the ability to utilize regular Linux Links? If so, maybe you can install it minimally first with nothing else on the device and then move the directory to the SD card then link to it and add other maps. If that works it would free up local space and allow you to install other apps.