Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][BBQ] CyanogenMod-7 for EVO :: V7.0.3.1 (05/06/2011)

Tip us?

housry23
Old
Thanks Meter 775
Flashed about an hour ago and so far everything is working fine for me. I don't have any of these problems that people are reporting with the home button and what not. This makes me think it is something in settings. Make sure you go through all of the settings thoroughly. Seems strange that some people are having issues and some are not. If you updated through Rom Manager, I suggest booting into recovery and wiping cache and davlik cache a couple times then flash the Rom and see if that helps. I use AmonRa recovery and was running nightly #38. I booted into recovery, wiped cache and davlik and flashed the Rom. Everything is working perfectly so far.

ECrispy
Old
(Last edited by ECrispy; 11th April 2011 at 09:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 202
Is GPS better in the final? I remember CM7 team saying it was one of the things they were aiming for in the final release.

edit - I read the changelog and didn't see anything related to gps.

brofist
Old
(Last edited by brofist; 11th April 2011 at 09:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECrispy View Post
Is GPS better in the final? I remember CM7 team saying it was one of the things they were aiming for in the final release.
aGPS is fully working, and many of the surrounding problems are solved, but the hardware itself in some early-gen models are just finicky and cause frustrating bugs (specifically, a few incarnations of the hardware will just *stop* in the middle of its tracks with OSS in CM7 ; CM6 used binary blobs which were essentially HTC code). Most early hardware stumbles on the Sense GPSCLRX fix while significantly more of the later-gen hardware handles the call correctly.

Cyanogen is still working on it, and has stated intently that while 7.0 is out, progress will continue constantly. The Evo and its illustrious ball of tangled fishing line called its GPS are going to get its comeuppance in time.
The Following User Says Thank You to brofist For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adamantypants
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Flashed and after maybe half an hour it's running perfect. Just as good as my RC4 that was running. After tomorrow I should have a better idea though. I'll put it through the GPS and 4g paces and whatnot. Seems fine though. Considering using the stock kernel for once though
If I or anybody else has helped you, remember to hit the thanks button!

Toxin715
Old
Thanks Meter 6
So far everything is working great for me, only had trouble with gps then did the recommended fix and bam it works fine. Also took off Rom Manager as i never use it.

Funkmon
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by brofist View Post
aGPS is fully working, and many of the surrounding problems are solved, but the hardware itself in some early-gen models are just finicky and cause frustrating bugs (specifically, a few incarnations of the hardware will just *stop* in the middle of its tracks with OSS in CM7 ; CM6 used binary blobs which were essentially HTC code). Most early hardware stumbles on the Sense GPSCLRX fix while significantly more of the later-gen hardware handles the call correctly.

Cyanogen is still working on it, and has stated intently that while 7.0 is out, progress will continue constantly. The Evo and its illustrious ball of tangled fishing line called its GPS are going to get its comeuppance in time.
Exceptional post, sir.

Sent from my Liberty using XDA App

NiMiNuM
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I hope the Evo 3d doesn't have all different kinds of hardware versions like the Evo does. That's the main culprit of all these issues people are having. I got lucky no issues with mine

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

nabbed
Old
Thanks Meter 201
My gps hardware isn't working with the latest cm7 builds.

Are they gonna build a version for evo with the cm6 code for gps?

ECrispy
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabbed View Post
My gps hardware isn't working with the latest cm7 builds.

Are they gonna build a version for evo with the cm6 code for gps?
I don't think the binary gps driver is GB compatible. Which is the whole cause of this stupid mess, if GB and Froyo had compatible drivers all would be fine.

brofist, when you say 'early hw', would that include hw003?

Jason Black
Old
Thanks Meter 54
My GPS is sooollliiiddddddd!

Sent from my CM 7 Monster Evol.
Sync your files online and across computers with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/HKGxbaO

I only get free space if you sign up.

Tags
"listen dick", 4g?..i got 6h, batshitcrazy, breast implants, breasticles, cm7donetookmahbaby, coons, crack, cyanogen7rocks, download link for sense?, free big biz!, herp derps in this thread, killroy was here, man boobs ftw, moar geees, noneed4gpsneway, omg yes 4g, pwn sauce, that shit cray, this don't make sense!!!, too many dicks on here, vmail issue?, what's a bieber?, why no 5g?, why's the rum gone?