HD2 Stuck at HTC Screen, vibrating (EDIT - tried flashing currently stuck at 9%)
EDIT - Ok I'm just adding this bit to my post to summ up the whole situation from Post 1 until Post 14 in dot points
- HTC HD2, Began randomly freezing to "HTC" screen, when reset, loads "HTC" Screen and vibrates 5-6 times, sometimes let me goto OS, but at one point stopped letting me goto OS, Stuck at "HTC" Screen with the 5-6 Mysterious vibrations.
- I tried to flash a ROM off the HTC HK Website, 1.78 I think, Stuck at 9%, Those 6-7 Vibrations, tried again, same thing stuck at 9% with Vibrations.
- Tried another factory ROM from HTC HK the latest one, Flashed 100% the first time through, but then does not boot, just stuck at "HTC" Screen with vibrating
- Tried to flash same ROM again, begins vibrating and stuck at 9%
- I wanted to try if some custom ROMS worked, flashed HSPL 1.42 on, while flashing HSPL it finished on the device but on computer I got "Unknown Error
- Continued and went on to upgrade my HSPL to 2.08 so I can flash custom ROMS, now I have 2.08 HSPL.
- I tried Artemis Custom Rom for LEO, this one after it finished I think brang me past the "HTC" Screen, it actually said "quietly brilliant" for the first time, and to some Windows config screen where this Error appeared :
ARM11 FATAL ERROR
flash_os_wm.c line 339
- So I tried resetting, and stuck at "HTC" Screen, but No constant vibrating, only 1 vibrate.
- I tried Cheetah ROM, same problem, stuck at "HTC" Screen.
- I tried "NRG" ROM, same problem stuck at "HTC" Screen, well the NRG Screen.
- I tried Kumars ROM, same problem again. stuck at at the bootup screen.
I should mention whenever flashing, on the computer it never tells me what my current Image version is, it just tells me the one i'm flashing to. e.g the "FROM" field is blank. That's it until now.
Also everytime while at the bootup screen, it cycles e.g it will Vibrate, show bootup screen, do nothing, go black... then repeat the bootup screen, vibrate etc etc etc. After ROM is flashed, if I do a soft reset it will just stay at the bootup screen and not do anything at all.
Hard reset doesn't help either, neither does battery out/in, same thing just stuck at the intro screen with all the ROMS I try.
If anybody knows what the problem could be, please post.
ORIGINAL POST BELOW BEFORE EDIT :
Whenever I turn on my HTC HD2 It's stuck at the white screen with "HTC" in the middle, it will vibrate on and off about 4 times, and after that it will do nothing.
A soft reset with the Red button under the battery cover just brings it to the same screen with the same problem.
Taking the battery out and putting back in does not help, same problem.
doesn't even want to respond to hard reset (Vol down + Vol Up) + Power Button briefly.
When I try to put it into the Diagnostic mode (Vol down + Power), and try to flash a ROM onto it,
It just gives a Error 294, Invalid Vendor, maybe because I was using a ROM that was not Hong Kong, I don't know but I cant try flash again as the device does not respond to anything now (like before but can't even get into boot mode).
So I'm stuck at the moment and can't do anything.
Before this it would sometimes want to start up, and then get stuck sometimes, but now it's constantly not booting up
and begin stuck at the HTC Screen with 4 vibrates.
Sometimes it even boots upto the "HTC" Screen, and doesn't vibrate at all.
And at the moment I can't even get it into Diagnostic mode, doesn't respond to anything other than the reset button.
EDIT ----- > Now goes into boot mode, I found out that QUICKLY after reset doing vol- and power gets it into boot mode. But while trying to flash the ROM, on my computer it says NOTHING about the current Image ROM on the PC, Trying to update now, this time it goes into a Progress bar on the HD2, stuck at 9%, and funnily enough at 9% it does the same (Vibrate 4 times) thing. and is stuck at the moment.