- Rooted Samsung Fascinate (tested with EB01 superclean 2.4)
- Working ADB
- Latest Heimdall (the Epic 4g thread warns against odin use, it says he soft bricked with it, and I used Heimdall anyway)
- Hacked param.lfs to flash HERE
- New jpeg boot logo size 480x800 (preferably less than 64k.. I flashed a 65k one and it booted fine though... just be careful)
- Enter download mode
- Flash hacked param.lfs IN HEIMDALL IN THE BOX THAT SAYS PARAM.LFS, NOT FACTORYFS
- Reboot normally, if it boots into recovery just reboot again
- Ignore garbled text on bootup
- Copy your new bootlogo to /sdcard/logo.jpg
- Open ADB shell
- Enter these commands:
su mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/stl6 /mnt/.lfs cp /sdcard/logo.jpg /mnt/.lfs/logo.jpg
- Reboot and enjoy!
Download mode might not show the download mode logo. It doesn't show on mine. Still works though.
In order to flash another logo, you have to re-flash the hacked param.lfs and then copy the new logo.
In order to flash completely back to stock, flash this param.lfs HERE
Connexion2005's support over PM! Thanks!
Connexion2005's site with info and bootlogos
Original i9000 Thread by Connexion2005
Epic 4G Thread