(Currently this has been confirmed working on the HTC devices below)
This is my first attempt at a script. With that being said...Please leave your feedback and ideas for possible updates or any issues. I also understand that there might be other tools like this on the forum but the one I found here didn't work on Windows XP. Plus I was wanting to learn a little about scripts and give people another EZ way to mod their device. There are some things I would like to add and a few little bugs. If some people like this I will make a updated version with more things and options. All the methods and things used in this zip can be found here on XDA. I just packaged them up and did the script.
I found most of the information for the script HERE and of coarse have learned tons in my time here on XDA, so much thanks to everyone here!!
Thanks to Iriscience and the links in his thread for the conversion tools.
And also option94 for his help.
The flash/backup splash option should work for any HTC devices that use a 480x800 splash screen but has been confirmed working with the MT4G, G2, EVO.
1. PC with Windows XP or better
2. Rooted HTC device with S=OFF and Eng Hboot (if only S=Off you can use Terminal Emulator method below for flash)
3. 480 X 800 png, jpg or bmp image
1. Download the attached zip by clicking the rotating skull and then unzip
it to the desktop of your Windows PC.
2. Create or find the 480x800 image you want for your splash screen.
3. Go into the "Splash Flasher" folder you unzipped and place your image
in the "place-image-here" folder.
4. Click on the "CLICK-HERE.bat" and follow the on screen instructions.
NOTE: At this time this does not support having more than one of the
same image type in the "place-image-here" folder when converting and flashing.
Ie: You cant have more than 1 jpg, bmp, png or img in the folder at the same time.
You can have multiple images as long as they are not the same image type.
I don't accept donations but if you like my work
please hit the "THANKS" button