Team Win Recovery Project for Tornado 348

more

PhotoMath: A Math Beginner’s Dream App

more

Leaked Galaxy S6 Apps Hit the Forums

more

Fix Untinted Recent Panels on Lollipop

more
Post Reply

[Q] Is it possible to port Android 2.4 from HTC DesirE S to old HTC Desire??

OP jeffreyljb

16th February 2011, 10:38 AM   |  #1  
jeffreyljb's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag HongKong
Thanks Meter: 15
 
571 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
More
Here the news from MWC:HTC will sell it's new Desire series which named "DesirE S" running ADROID 2.4,so is it possible to port 2.4 to old DESIRE???
16th February 2011, 10:51 AM   |  #2  
jadephyre's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Düsseldorf
Thanks Meter: 297
 
1,341 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
More
Depends on the Hardware and if the Drivers can be patched to work with the Desire.
16th February 2011, 10:58 AM   |  #3  
superliam's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Herts
Thanks Meter: 6
 
120 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
More
same snap dragon processor, slighty more RAM, i dont think its much different compared to the htc desire HD
16th February 2011, 11:32 AM   |  #4  
inkredi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 5
 
452 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
dont rush it guys lol
16th February 2011, 11:34 AM   |  #5  
kiepas96's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
the new launcher and apps looks greeat
16th February 2011, 11:34 AM   |  #6  
jastonas's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Patra
Thanks Meter: 156
 
1,034 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by superliam

same snap dragon processor, slighty more RAM, i dont think its much different compared to the htc desire HD

Its not the same. Desire S has the same with Desire HD
16th February 2011, 12:13 PM   |  #7  
Elim's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 345
 
1,561 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
More
HTC Desire
  • 1 GHz Snapdragon QSD8250 CPU
  • 512 MB ROM
  • 576 MB RAM
  • 5MP camera
  • No front camera

HTC Desire HD
  • 1 GHz Snapdragon MSM8255 CPU
  • 768 MB ROM
  • 1,5 GB RAM
  • 8MP camera
  • No front camera

HTC Desire S
  • 1GHz Snapdragon MSM825 CPU
  • 768MB ROM
  • 1.1GB RAM
  • 5MP camera
  • VGA front-facing camera

So, when it is possible to build ROMs based on the HD then it also must be possible to build ROMs based on the S. But the problem is maybe that here someone has to convert the new android AND new sense version to the Bravo.
16th February 2011, 02:20 PM   |  #8  
jeffreyljb's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag HongKong
Thanks Meter: 15
 
571 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
More
Yep,these detail parameters result that we,desire users can ported from new DesirE S ANDROID V2.4,It's only time business I think......

JeffreyLI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elim

HTC Desire

  • 1 GHz Snapdragon QSD8250 CPU
  • 512 MB ROM
  • 576 MB RAM
  • 5MP camera
  • No front camera

HTC Desire HD
  • 1 GHz Snapdragon MSM8255 CPU
  • 768 MB ROM
  • 1,5 GB RAM
  • 8MP camera
  • No front camera

HTC Desire S
  • 1GHz Snapdragon MSM825 CPU
  • 768MB ROM
  • 1.1GB RAM
  • 5MP camera
  • VGA front-facing camera

So, when it is possible to build ROMs based on the HD then it also must be possible to build ROMs based on the S. But the problem is maybe that here someone has to convert the new android AND new sense version to the Bravo.



JeffreyLI & XyLIna
From my HTC DesirE™
16th February 2011, 02:25 PM   |  #9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
68 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2006
I have interesting information...Android 2.4 for HTC Desire, DHD, Desire Z and Incredible S in summer... allegedly official information.
16th February 2011, 02:30 PM   |  #10  
jeffreyljb's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag HongKong
Thanks Meter: 15
 
571 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
More
From this point of view,has google released a new OEM adroid numbered 2.4?or 2.4 android is only referenced HTC sense upgration by HTC?


Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoPlex

I have interesting information...Android 2.4 for HTC Desire, DHD, Desire Z and Incredible S in summer... allegedly official information.



JeffreyLI & XyLIna
From my HTC DesirE™

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.4, adrioid 2.4, desire s
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes