[ROM] CyanogenMod-7 for HTC Wildfire (Buzz) :: V7.0.2 (25/04/2011)

Search This thread

HCDR.Jacob

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 8, 2010
Gateshead
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the HTC Buzz, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
  2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
  4. Perform a factory reset.
  5. Flash CyanogenMod.
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
  1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full ourput.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

Get it here.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Last edited:

jjnod

Nov 11, 2010
Iis the download link working for you guys? It won't download for me. Couldn't guess why. Anyway, Jacob is God =-)

Michealtbh

Nov 16, 2010
Belfast
Google Pixel 4
Ive managed to start a download but its very slow. Im guessing the servers are full with all the stable builds being released today. Cant wait to try this out, thanks Jacob!

TiiXiboy

Nov 7, 2010
Hmmm kwl! Its kinda the same as the latest nightlies right? Awesum work jacob

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the HTC Buzz, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full ourput.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

Get it here.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Please tell us your feedback... I'm in nightly 54 dunno should I update to 7.0.2 or not.

Your feedback is needed...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA Premium App

You amaze me.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
    so....BUGS found by me :

- the clock bug, dosent matter if i select +1 zone ,+2,+3 or whatever, the clock remains the same, also use clock from gsm dosent change the clock, i have to set it manualy.
    - mobile data over wifi,i can't disable mobile data.
    - when my phone is charging, the led turns green at +-90% ,if should stay red and turn green when charge is complete.
    -so default the rom has 3 themes,the default one has battery , gsm status and wlan icons too big, if i select the other 2 they are small but look way better.
    -battery drain too fast at first charge, after that the battery is good,battery last ofer 2 days .
    -more to come later

- Didn't get you on the Zone thing. Sorry. As for the GSM Clock, your network provider must provide this feature. Not all do. For me, when I select GSM Clock, the clock gets set to a time which is 12 hours off.
    - Again I didnt get you. Can you be more clear?
    - LED Turning green at 90% is a CM Feature. Not a bug. Still, if you feel it is an issue, open a ticket at the bug tracker.
    - The one with the big icons - That is the way it is supposed to look on the Wildfire. The other two are from MDPI Devices, which is why they appear small and blurred. Anyway, again, if you prefer the small ones, use it, but this cannot be categorized as a bug.
    - This is something I have experienced with all Custom ROMs. Not just CM. After the first boot, the battery drain is pretty fast, but, after that, it fixes itself out.
    - As for your 'More to come later', I would suggest you use this as a ROM on your device and not look at it from the perspective of a serious tester. I am getting an impression you are out to prove some point or something.

more bugs:
    -when you start fm radio the bluetooth turns on too(always),
    -led's dont light normally(notifications for missed......),
    -drawer for apps don't run smooth but when i changed ADWlauncher with launcher PRO it is much better.......performance is now very smooth and fast,
    -bluetooth doesn't work for file transfer(succeed pairing with my pc but that's it)
    -live wallpapers are not usable except maybe "liquid particles", even the "water" with autumn leaves doesn't look as it should(water is dissapered) :)

- It is supposed to be like that. The BT and FM are on the same chip, so, BT will have to be switched on when FM is. The only difference is that Sense hid this fact from you, and, CM shows it.
    - LEDs work fine here. (Ask nhnt11 for his custom LED Module, which I grabbed off him. LEDs now stay lit and dont blink as before. :D). But, anyway, even before that, it worked fine for me.
    - Cant really comment. Smoothness is subjective. I agree LP is far more smoother, but, even ADW was usable.
    - Try using Bluetooth File Transfer from the market. It solves a lot of headaches.
    - Default LWPs were always buggy. Market downloaded ones work fine (Atleast those that do not require a GPU). Water cannot be shown because it requires a GPU, which is absent in the Wildfire

why my phone keep restarting ?

If it restarts at the point where you have to 'Touch the Android' to continue, perform a full wipe and reflash again. If it restarts elsewhere, do the same. :p