Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,482 Members 53,645 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What rom are you using?
A2SD 2,780 64.08%
D2W 251 5.79%
D2EXT X-PART 1,407 32.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4338. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][MIUI-XJ] Mar 31 - 2.3.30 GB 2.3.7 EN-MULT+OTA+CM+Updater|D2EXT X-PART|A2SD+|D2W

Tip us?

xavierjohn22
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1974

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Özgürce View Post
Hi @XJ, i need some help from you. There is a feature about phone numbers.
If the number +901234567, i see in some languages it can be seen like this "+90-123-45-67". Can we change that? How do i ?
i think russians did it also in their language so you can just compare strings

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium App

kmaq
Old
(Last edited by kmaq; 16th October 2011 at 10:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nard Cox View Post
So you mean 3 partitions? In my case:
#1 = 12.8GB FAT32
#2 = 1.5GB ext4
#3 = 500MB ext4

I currently have 13.8GB FAT32 and 1GB ext4.

On another note. I've seen a lot of guides and movies about rooting, s-off, flashing. But how about back-up and restore? Any complete guides somewhere? I want to keep trying to get MIUI to work but continously installing like 10 basic apps after flashing is getting tiring. Nandroid would be preferred?
For backup and restore, use titanium backup + miui backup for applications.
For SD card backup, copy the content of SD card to PC. format the SD card using gparted with 3 partitions (for x-part). then copy back the content from pc to SD card. copy the ROM zip in the sd card. flash it, let it settle down and then install titanium backup. restore the apps from titanium backup.
Nexus 7 (2013) - WiFi Edition / Stock L Preview - LPV79
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) / Stock 4.4.2(TW) - KOT49H.N9005XXUEND3

~~~~~~~~~If i have helped you, don't hesitate to hit the thanks button~~~~~~~~~~

merlin699
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKuiter View Post
Look at the settings of the Dialer app; Third party phone apps and Record automatically should be switched off.
I have problems with callrec, too. it worked like a charm until 2 weeks ago. and now, if I turn "3rd party phone apps" off and I try to make a call, the phone makes a hot reboot. If I turn it off, the callrec doesn't record.
also, when I would receive a text message with "3rd party" off, the phone hot reboots.
any help?
Xiaomi Mi2
MIUI 4.1.1

Nard Cox
Old
(Last edited by Nard Cox; 16th October 2011 at 12:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by crasher View Post
You can find the links to the recoveries in the thread titled Desire Index - Everything Desire is here!

2 Recoveries are commonly used. ClockworkMOD 5.x.x or AmonRA 2.0.1 GSM. Just boot into recovery and check which one you are on, then install the other. Read the 1st post to learn how to install them.

To install a new recovery/hboot/radio, you can use either Android Flasher or Fastboot Commander, both of which make things a little easier.

If you are trying to solve any issues by installing a FULL rom, it's recommended that you wipe all data before you install (you can do that in the recovery menu). leedroid mentioned once before that sometimes wiping each part individually might help. Never had to do that myself, just quoting what I remembered.

Also, I think you should be using miui backup to backup your apps and system data (just uncheck the contacts backup, leave that to google to sync). The app comes with miui roms. This way you will not need to install all apps individually after you wipe everything.

Do note that you shouldn't try to restore the nandroid backup if you are solving problems, as that simply means you are restoring the image of your phone at the exact moment of the nandroid backup, which would still have issues.
Here's what I did this morning:
Installed RUU. This removes root and S-off.
Rooted with Unrevoked3 and Amon_Ra (used that also the first time)
Wiped ALL USER DATA
Flashed MIUI X-Part and it worked.

Since S-off was gone I wanted to restore that using this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-jXV...layer_embedded

Only thing I did different is not choose for the clockwork recovery. Now unfortunately the phone is stuck!!!!
On my phone it says: Normal NAND detected. Non-PVT4.
On my laptop: "Booting your phone for the next step.
Step 3 of 3 is starting. During this step, you will receive instructions and progress on-screen. This is normal. DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR PHONE DURING THIS STEP, HBOOT is begin flashed dring this stage, and turning it off WILL *BRICK* your phone!!"

****TTT!!! Suggestions?

EDIT: It hasn't begun dumping the old hboot, so am I still safe??

EDIT: I took the phone battery out. Reboot and got into hbootloader directly (now volume down & power). Went into recovery. Wiped all user data. Flashen MIUI X-PART. It's rebooting currently. While I'm typing it went live. It seems to be OK again.

sushidog
Old
Thanks Meter 276
Quote:
On another note. I've seen a lot of guides and movies about rooting, s-off, flashing. But how about back-up and restore? Any complete guides somewhere? I want to keep trying to get MIUI to work but continously installing like 10 basic apps after flashing is getting tiring. Nandroid would be preferred?
1. Nandroid is a full Rom/installation backup/recovery, not only some apps (it's used to revert to previous full working configuration);

2. Miui have a build in backup tool, use it between each Rom update (only works with Miui);

3. You can make an update file with apps you want install, that way you flash in recovery (works with any Rom);

4. You can backup your apps with My Backup, Titanium or App Backup & Restore. First two will backup app+data, second one only apps (recovering apps it's ok with any Rom, don't try to recover data between different Rom or you'll have problems);

5. If you want an easy way to reinstall but still want to do it from Market, install ShareMyApps. This way you can make a full list of installed apps, save it to card or send it to your primary email. After flashing new Rom you open your email and just press the link for each app (I prefer this method because this way I always have the latest version, I maintain historic from all my previous installed apps, I can do it in several phones using same email, I can format my SD card without worrying of backup stuff).

The Following User Says Thank You to sushidog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nard Cox
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks sushidog. That's a clear story. Do you perhaps also have a suggestion for my problem above? I'm getting extremely nervous and I'm edging towards shutting down the laptop ....

crasher
Old
(Last edited by crasher; 16th October 2011 at 11:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Thanks sushidog. That's a clear story. Do you perhaps also have a suggestion for my problem above? I'm getting extremely nervous and I'm edging towards shutting down the laptop ....
It's too early to worry since many of us do get stuck while going s-off for the 1st time. If you have waited for a long time (around 30 mins), the only thing you can do now is to unplug your phone and try to restart it to see if everything went well.

Just don't flash the ruu again, there is no point in doing that once you are already s-off. We do not need to unroot and re-root the phone whenever there's a problem as the hboot itself rarely causes a problem. Furthermore, doing this repeatedly is dangerous since the chance of bricking your phone is higher when you root it.

Good luck to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to crasher For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sushidog
Old
(Last edited by sushidog; 16th October 2011 at 12:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 276
Quote:
I don't like x-part for several reasons, I prefer and use a2sd. For partitioning I prefer doing it on my phone using Amon-ra.

Please press thanks button if I helped you!

Nard Cox
Old
(Last edited by Nard Cox; 16th October 2011 at 01:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
crasher, I'm back in MIUI again. Rooted, but now I can't S-off using revolutionairy. The first time it said it was good, but the phone did not reboot? So I've tried it again and now I keep getting: Invalid beta key, aborting. How can I check if my phone is S-Off or not?

sushidog, why not? I've been searching but I couldn't find a comparison between the A2SD and X-part. Since I already had an ext4 partition I'm giving X-part a try now, I used A2SD before without issues.

I pressed the thanks button right after you posted, however your "Thanks Meter" is still showing 0? EDIT: You have 1 now.

Will all apps be automatically be installed on my ext partition or do I need to flash / install something like the terminal emulator or A2SDGUI - Darktremor?

EDIT: reboot PC and Phone and I'm now S-Off with root access.

Phantom Pt. II
Old
Thanks Meter 192

DONATE TO ME
Hmm. What else could I try to fix my Theme Manager from force closing. Will I have to re install the whole ROM after a full wipe... or what

Tags
a2sd, a2sd+, d2ext x-part, data to ext, data2whatever, htc desire, miui, x-part