[ROM] CyanogenMod-7 for Desire CDMA V7.1.0 (10/10/2011)

Search This thread

mdfine

Jun 14, 2009
maybe your gps failure is associated with the cmda radios.
I am using the stock kernel and the latest gsm radio, no gps issues so far.

s_pike

Oct 18, 2005
Prague
I've tried to upgrade from RC3 and got the message:
assert failed; getprop ("ro.product.device")=="bravoc" || getprop ("ro.build.product")=="bravoc" \\ getprop("ro.product.board")=="bravoc"
E:Error in sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Can you please advise what I'm doing wrong?

mdfine

Jun 14, 2009
since your location is prague i assume you have to flash the gsm rom not the cmda one.

ijama

Oct 30, 2010
Johor Bahru
As state..try running benchmark..got i/o rsult too slow..any option to improve i/o..

Desire S-Off hboot CM7. R.A Recovery v2.0.0-CM. CyanogenMod7 Stable Release+Darktremor script app2sd. Overclock max 1152mhz min 128mhz.

Mgzkun

Dec 18, 2010
I'm screwed :< . My Desire is S-Off hboot CM7, CWM 3.0.0.5. So I went to ROM Manager and install the CWM 2.5.0.7 and then download/flash the new CM7 without backing up the old ROM. so now I'm currently stuck in the boot loop (the splash1.img screen) without access to Recovery (power+volume down doesn't work)...

hmm what to do now ?

/edit

nvm, I use "adb reboot recovery" and I were able to get to the CWM 3.0.0.5, phew....

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2010
G R E A T rom! :)
I am using latest htc radio, stock kernel and s2e from market and everything works like a charm. Best Rom I 've used so far. Love the lockscreen gestures too!
First gps lock (sygic) in less than 3 min without any additional programs.

the.draconian

Dec 20, 2010
Hey,

Might be a silly question but what is the Kernel that comes with CM7.0.3 like battery life wise? Does it undervolt to 245Mhz when screen off and stuff? Or does it not need to?

I've always used Thalamus kernel-2.6.35.13_r4 which is really good! But wondered if there was any point in going back to it...?

=]

bigorange

Jun 12, 2007
The quick launch to "My Apps" is gone now. I have the place to drag programs to the bottom, but no way to get to the folder that list all my apps. Any ideas?

Droidxda

Jul 28, 2010
Ile de France
OnePlus 7 Pro
The quick launch to "My Apps" is gone now. I have the place to drag programs to the bottom, but no way to get to the folder that list all my apps. Any ideas?

Try to keep a finger anywhere on your screen, except in app.
A menu will pop. Choose "launcher action" and "open /close app drawer".
Drag and drop the icon on the launcher bar.

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3.7 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

cyanogen said:
    This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github!

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance (howto).

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 7 to your Desire (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Root your device and install Clockwork Recovery (Unrevoked method is recommended).
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    4. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM6?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a hard reboot? Go into recovery and dump the "/proc/last_kmsg" file.
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get send the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred
    - Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

This is the latest release candidate so any and all feedback is appreciated!

The preferred method of installation is via ROM Manager, or you can head over to the CM Forums for manual downloads.

Latest version: 7.1.0-BravoC - 10/10/2011
    Download: CyanogenMod Mirror Network
    Also available for download via ROM Manager

Google Addon: 20110828 GB
    Download: http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/

Legacy App2SD:
    Simple2Ext (Easy with a GUI)
    CM7 Legacy App2SD Addon Script (For Advanced user, Command Line)

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
    Because there is another thread with the same name :) That's the active one
    I don't get the point. Both threads are open and started by Kali-.
    A mod should fix this ASAP.