Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,632 Members 37,071 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Motorola Root cliq 2

Tip us?

Zantiszar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Thumbs up Motorola Root cliq 2

Happy to say that the latest version of z4root works with the new motorola cliq 2 and in permanent root option plus also gives you the unroot and reroot options also so thnks again for the developer of z4root for making such an awesome root option

wesbalmer
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Do you think we'll see a development section? Also, is there any information anywhere in reference to whether the Cliq 2 has the same type of kernel protection as other Motorola devices?
HTC Dream 1year> Nexus One 6months> Motorola Droid I/O10 Gift> HTC Evo4G I/O10 Gift> Samsung Vibrant ~1month> Nexus One 4months> MyTouch4G ~1month> Nexus S ~1month> Nexus One ~1month> HTC HD2 ~1month> Nexus One -in use> LG G2x 4months> HTC-Sensation ~2months> LG G2x -in use

Logitech Revue 3 Months, didnt really use it
GalaxyTab 10.1 Less than a month, waiting for next gen Tegra3

Zantiszar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
I hope it gets a dev section (crosses fingers) on it and about the kernel ive been searching up and down and nothing has turned up i would even love if just an overclock solution is made cause i love the ui on it but would really love to see it at 1.3Ghz which would be awesome

Sent from my MB611 (Cliq 2)

wesbalmer
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I can't wait for a deblur script, or even a CyanogenMod port/merge. MotoBlur makes me sick, good thing this phone is for my mom. I use the Nexus One with CyanogenMod nightlies.
HTC Dream 1year> Nexus One 6months> Motorola Droid I/O10 Gift> HTC Evo4G I/O10 Gift> Samsung Vibrant ~1month> Nexus One 4months> MyTouch4G ~1month> Nexus S ~1month> Nexus One ~1month> HTC HD2 ~1month> Nexus One -in use> LG G2x 4months> HTC-Sensation ~2months> LG G2x -in use

Logitech Revue 3 Months, didnt really use it
GalaxyTab 10.1 Less than a month, waiting for next gen Tegra3

ratchetjaw
Old
Thanks Meter 87
is there something to require? I downloaded z4 and run the permanent root and it just runs with the wheell then stops ?

vishousv
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have the same problem

trendkill3388
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Any time I tried to use z4root on my Cliq 2, it would completely freeze the phone. I tried a number of different trouble shooting steps (battery pull, restart after installing, running it in airplane mode with and without wifi, gps, and bluetooth enabled), and every time, same result.

I found another method that's intended for the Droid, Droid 2, and Droid X, that uses the terminal emulator app, and it pretty much did the same thing.

Finally, I decided to try Gingerbreak for no real reason other than I hadn't tried it yet and was out of ideas. Five minutes later, I had a rooted phone.

amauris123
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default i can,t root it

hey i can,t root my motorola cliq 2 with z4root, some body could tell me if is posible to get rooted with z4root

Kiladar
Old
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
Default T-Mobile Motorola androids

Most motorola androids can be rooted via rage against the cage. will test moto cliq 2 upon arrival

psaldanha
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiladar View Post
Most motorola androids can be rooted via rage against the cage. will test moto cliq 2 upon arrival
i want so badly to get my moto cliq 2 rooted. somebody help!!!!!!

Tags
cliq 2