Xperia Arc is not your regular Android Phone

OP viperdrake24

18th February 2011, 06:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
If your main goal in buying an android phone is modding and you have an oblivious ambition of becoming a dev, you might consider other brands such as HTC and Samsung.

The Arc comes with the same bootloader Xperia X10 does so say goodbye on your hopes modding the firmware.

The Arc are for people who doesn't mind being stuck with the same Android version for a long time or doesn't care of any android updates at all (Believe me those people exists!). The Exmor R and Mobile Bravia Engine are very good additions on the Arc, though as for the video reviews, it still does not match the Super AMOLED (Samsung) or the Clear Black Display (Nokia) of other phone brands.

The specs are also no that good compared on other flagship phones.
  • HTC Desire HD has 768 MB of RAM
  • Samsung Galaxy S has the 1 GHz Hummingbird Proc and Super AMOLED Display
  • LG have a new phone featuring a dual core processor
  • Its the dawn of dual core phones.

Think twice before buying this phone. If you're fine being stuck with Gingerbread and loves taking pictures (SE has the best camera for phones) and watching movies (I think this is the essence of the Mobile Bravia Engine) then this is the best phone for you.

Please be reminded that SE didn't force you to buy this phone so don't start another WORLD WAR when SE announced its early End Of Life.
18th February 2011, 07:33 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 97

291 posts
More
wow..... the next "don't by the arc"-SE-Hater comment....

dude everyone will buy what fits best to his usecases....

i will buy the arc because it has everything what i want and need and the others don't do or are looking crappy.... the X10 was fine for me till now and the arc will be better for me soon....
The Following User Says Thank You to the_black_dragon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2011, 11:27 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 241

555 posts
hahahahahahaha sorry, just had to laugh
The Following User Says Thank You to unknown13x For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2011, 03:35 AM   |  #4  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 70

355 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown13x

hahahahahahaha sorry, just had to laugh

Why did you have to laugh ?

Are u suggesting that the bootloader will not be locked on Arc like X10 ?
19th February 2011, 04:55 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 241

555 posts
I won't be saying anything regarding the arc's software since I don't have a unit with me yet. It's just funny how he derives that arc owners will be stuck with the same android version for a long time. The rest is just his derivation of what he THINKS but oh well, can't stop any opinions running around here.
The Following User Says Thank You to unknown13x For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2011, 05:12 AM   |  #6  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 245

391 posts
Donate to Me
More
if you want a camera, buy a camera!
based on the x10.. support ended with one update to éclair and so.. no Flash player support but hey the camera makes up for this? wtf... some people logic just seems so relevant.

If you want a camera, buy one. It's a phone.. designed for updates and handling newest releases and mods, but SE don't really want anyone to mods anything.. go use a phonebox you twazzocks.
19th February 2011, 10:16 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 544

2,080 posts
More
I love these kind of topics. It's so funny to see how people want to prove their point, while nobody asks for it... Won't it be much easier to just let people decide on their own which phone they buy, its not they are spending your money, are they?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
19th February 2011, 12:44 PM   |  #8  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 79

465 posts
Is it just me or apart from looks does the Neo seem like a better phone? same Bravia Screen.. the same 8Mp emor (or whatever) camera, same 1Ghz processor (newer generation than the X10) and it includes a front facing camera (it will also no doubt be cheaper than the Arc... )

If I was going to buy another SE (highly doubtful) I would go for the Neo over the Arc.

Kiwi
19th February 2011, 03:16 PM   |  #9  
Flag Rijeka
Thanks Meter: 493

1,447 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PollPixx

I love these kind of topics. It's so funny to see how people want to prove their point, while nobody asks for it... Won't it be much easier to just let people decide on their own which phone they buy, its not they are spending your money, are they?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

+1 LOL LOL
20th February 2011, 05:49 AM   |  #10  
Flag Edmonton, Alberta
Thanks Meter: 589

2,340 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdrake24

If your main goal in buying an android phone is modding and you have an oblivious ambition of becoming a dev, you might consider other brands such as HTC and Samsung.

The Arc comes with the same bootloader Xperia X10 does so say goodbye on your hopes modding the firmware.

The Arc are for people who doesn't mind being stuck with the same Android version for a long time or doesn't care of any android updates at all (Believe me those people exists!). The Exmor R and Mobile Bravia Engine are very good additions on the Arc, though as for the video reviews, it still does not match the Super AMOLED (Samsung) or the Clear Black Display (Nokia) of other phone brands.

The specs are also no that good compared on other flagship phones.

• HTC Desire HD has 768 MB of RAM
  • Samsung Galaxy S has the 1 GHz Hummingbird Proc and Super AMOLED Display
  • LG have a new phone featuring a dual core processor
  • Its the dawn of dual core phones.

Think twice before buying this phone. If you're fine being stuck with Gingerbread and loves taking pictures (SE has the best camera for phones) and watching movies (I think this is the essence of the Mobile Bravia Engine) then this is the best phone for you.

Please be reminded that SE didn't force you to buy this phone so don't start another WORLD WAR when SE announced its early End Of Life.

Omg!! Blah blah blah dont buy this, dont buy that, blah blah blah. Ill buy what phone best fits my needs...if that means getting 1 os update so be it.
Sent from my X10i using XDA App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sony ericsson, xperia arc
Previous Thread Next Thread