Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

[Q] How to transfer apps from Captivate to Atrix

OP panflute

19th February 2011, 03:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17

311 posts
I am trying to figure out the best way to transfer apps from my rooted Captivate to the Atrix. Titanium backup would be the natural choice, but it only works on a rooted phone which the Atrix isn't, at least for now. I could go to the android web page https://market.android.com/ and tell it to download each app separately. But I am wondering if there is a non rooted backup/restore app that will let me selectively backup/restore?? I say selectively because I do not want to restore those apps that require a rooted phone.

Then there is the question of the market place which saves your downloaded app list linked to your gmail account. I do not want market place to remember those apps I don't want on the Atrix. So the question is how do you instruct the market place to "forget" installed apps? The only way I know of would be to install ALL the apps via either a backup program or thru the web client, then de-install those from the phone I don't want which would then wipe them out from market place account so they will not keep re-appearing in my app list.

I should have my Atrix in my hands this Monday!
Last edited by panflute; 19th February 2011 at 03:39 AM.
19th February 2011, 04:09 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 26

585 posts
I would too like to know this. Thanks to anyone who knows the answer!
19th February 2011, 04:21 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,140

3,179 posts
Try AppMonster.....there's a pro version as well
19th February 2011, 07:03 AM   |  #4  
Flag Lexington Park, MD
Thanks Meter: 61

678 posts
More
I would suggest App Brain personally...That's what I've been using during my time with my EVO.

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
19th February 2011, 07:15 AM   |  #5  
Flag Tallahassee, FL
Thanks Meter: 29

745 posts
More
App brain, a trackdog, and appbak

Captivate 2.2.1 Paragon
19th February 2011, 07:19 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 157

870 posts
More
Actually, AppBrain and all those "add-on Markets" won't work with the Atrix out of the box. AT&T disallowed sideloading and that counts apps like that.

On the plus side, the Atrix has already been rooted (read the first topic in the Dev section of the Atrix forum)...so it lets you do anything you want.
19th February 2011, 07:43 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
Check the Atrix dev sub forum - They have root!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=960336
19th February 2011, 03:34 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17

311 posts
GREAT
OK looks like we are going to have our Atrix rooted and Titanium backup working but there is still the problem of the market links. There is some reference to market links in Titanium backup but not sure if that works to enable updates and there's still the issue of un-installed not wanted apps getting unregistered with market place. I had lost some apps and reinstalled with Titanium backup and I am not sure if I regained the market links or not. I am certainly not complaining and expect to spend many hours setting up the phone...thats part of the fun. Until a solution appears the best way to handle this may be to install the apps separately from the market place or via the web. I will try other programs others have suggested and post a solution here if found.
19th February 2011, 06:41 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 42

1,451 posts
More
You can still sideload via ADB - so if you have the APK file it is simple to side load many.
19th February 2011, 07:38 PM   |  #10  
Flag ATLantA
Thanks Meter: 27

318 posts
More
How do you extract your own apk's? Been wondering this for a while now

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread