Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 39,267 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[USER] CM7 General Discussion thread

Tip us?

elwood1229
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Problem with Nightly 6. Used Rom Manager to boot into recovery. Wiped cache only. Flashed nightly 6. Upon boot, I received an error message on boot that the status bar could not load (reported it had something to do with a process, but I did not note which process). When boot completed, I received the same message and had to force close. Flashed a second time with same result. Now going back to Nightly 5.

isamu
Old
Thanks Meter 4
yeah it's a problem with the nightly 6 build (in the DEV thread), it broke something for the status bar. Everyone who flashed it has the same issue, if you installed the .zip for the remapping of the soft keys to the volume keys, at least you'll still have those buttons.
The Following User Says Thank You to isamu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rainmaker002
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronium View Post
Has anyone gotten "My Apps" to populate in the market?

Thanks
Also not seeing downloaded (from other devices or the nook) items in My Apps. Running Nightly5.

spikey911
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikey911 View Post
I have the same issue.

It seems that the charge indicator is not quite accurate.

Mine will also sit at 99% after all night...The green light on the cable will be on, but it will still indicate 99%.
Happened again this morning, only this time it hit 99% and no green light after an hour so the calibration seems to be off somewhere.
Fyi, happened again, took pictures if needed.

Charging 99%, Green light on..

Bawb3
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Nightly 6 also FC the status bar and the settings when picking wifi settings. Went back to 5.

I'm also getting fairly frequent phantom screen presses / lockups across all the cm7 builds including phiremod and the nightlies. Locking then unlocking stops them temorarily.

Using dalangrins 1.1ghz kernel

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

dalingrin
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2,740
Looks like nightly 6 is borked due to some WIMAX patches that got merged earlier today.

Be prepared to have to wipe on nightly build 7. I've moved the nook to hdpi to help workaround some theme engine bugs in CM7 that causes choppy 2d. HDPI doesn't completely fix the issue but it helps. It looks like the theme engine is having trouble scaling for both us and G tablet. It may take a bit for the CM guys working on the theme engine to get the problem fixed so, hang in there.

tony1208
Old
Thanks Meter 18
screen shots dont work on this cm7 build huh ?? i troed with drocap and another app off the market and when i snap a shot the picture is all black..

adma84
Old
Thanks Meter 188

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony1208 View Post
screen shots dont work on this cm7 build huh ?? i troed with drocap and another app off the market and when i snap a shot the picture is all black..
did you try shoot me?

tony1208
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
did you try shoot me?
yeah still black screen shots...also when going into gallery how the heck you suppose to back out with out pressing the home button...the arrow on the top bar isn't showing when in gallery...

Bawb3
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony1208 View Post
yeah still black screen shots...also when going into gallery how the heck you suppose to back out with out pressing the home button...the arrow on the top bar isn't showing when in gallery...
You have to use something like button savior or softkeys

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Tags
cm7, cyanogenmod, i read them d:, kilroy was here, nook color, not wearing pants, oh i read them, oh yes i do, pointless tag next to me, so? nobody reads these.