Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,816 Members 39,042 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do I remove synced photo folders from Skydrive?

Tip us?

XATAGuy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] How do I remove synced photo folders from Skydrive?

Somehow, I have folders with photos on my PC, which have synced to Skydrive photos, which are now synced to my WP7 (Focus). I wish to discontinue this. How do I remove synced photo folders from Skydrive?

Also, when I open “Pictures” on my WP7, the device seems to randomly pick photos to display as wallpaper. I don’t want this to happen with certain folders. Is there a way to exclude specific photo folders on my device to be used as wallpaper in “Pictures”?

Thanks,
Dave

rhn
Old
Thanks Meter 22
To remove the skydrive pictures, you need to login to your live account (live.com).
for the second query, go to the pictures hub and long tap on the top left where it says pictures. you will get 2 options, change background and change it for me. choose the picture you like in change background

XATAGuy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Awesome! This will flat-out work to stop the “Pictures” app from using photos not of my choosing as wallpaper. The pictures in question however are not Skydrive photos, but reside in folders I have synced via Zune. I would like to be able to select specific folders from which wallpaper could not be selected, but this is certainly a solution to my dilemma.

I actually desire to remove all Skydrive photo folders from Skydrive and thus, my WP7, but I can’t figure out how to do this.

Thank you for your help,
Dave

rhn
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I'm guessing that you want to remove the pictures that you synced to skydrive using your phone:? If so, you can logon to skydrive.live.com and remove them

XATAGuy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhn View Post
I'm guessing that you want to remove the pictures that you synced to skydrive using your phone:? If so, you can logon to skydrive.live.com and remove them
No Sir, not so much. I want to remove all of my photo folders from Skydrive. I don’t want the folders to show-up in my Skydrive. More importantly, I don’t want any folders entitled “from windows live” to show-up when I go to “Pictures” on my WP7. It makes absolutely no difference to me if I achieve this using my lap-top or my WP7. I wish to use only Zune to sync photos to my WP7.

Thanks,
Dave

rhn
Old
(Last edited by rhn; 19th February 2011 at 10:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by XATAGuy View Post
No Sir, not so much. I want to remove all of my photo folders from Skydrive. I don’t want the folders to show-up in my Skydrive. More importantly, I don’t want any folders entitled “from windows live” to show-up when I go to “Pictures” on my WP7. It makes absolutely no difference to me if I achieve this using my lap-top or my WP7. I wish to use only Zune to sync photos to my WP7.

Thanks,
Dave
Hello,
I dont think you can remove the folders saying Skydrive camera roll and "from windows live"..

XATAGuy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I think Camera roll is a default. I want to remove the photo folders I have added to Skydrive.

Thanks

rhn
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
I think Camera roll is a default. I want to remove the photo folders I have added to Skydrive.

Thanks
Have you tried logging into your skydrive account at skydrive.live.com? you can delete photos/folders from there. Hope this helps..

XATAGuy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhn View Post
Have you tried logging into your skydrive account at skydrive.live.com? you can delete photos/folders from there. Hope this helps..
How please?

PG2G
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
How please?
Click on the folder, then click more, then delete