FORUMS

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] How do I remove synced photo folders from Skydrive?

19th February 2011, 04:11 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Somehow, I have folders with photos on my PC, which have synced to Skydrive photos, which are now synced to my WP7 (Focus). I wish to discontinue this. How do I remove synced photo folders from Skydrive?

Also, when I open “Pictures” on my WP7, the device seems to randomly pick photos to display as wallpaper. I don’t want this to happen with certain folders. Is there a way to exclude specific photo folders on my device to be used as wallpaper in “Pictures”?

Thanks,
Dave
 
 
19th February 2011, 04:28 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
To remove the skydrive pictures, you need to login to your live account (live.com).
for the second query, go to the pictures hub and long tap on the top left where it says pictures. you will get 2 options, change background and change it for me. choose the picture you like in change background
19th February 2011, 05:16 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Awesome! This will flat-out work to stop the “Pictures” app from using photos not of my choosing as wallpaper. The pictures in question however are not Skydrive photos, but reside in folders I have synced via Zune. I would like to be able to select specific folders from which wallpaper could not be selected, but this is certainly a solution to my dilemma.

I actually desire to remove all Skydrive photo folders from Skydrive and thus, my WP7, but I can’t figure out how to do this.

Thank you for your help,
Dave
19th February 2011, 09:15 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
I'm guessing that you want to remove the pictures that you synced to skydrive using your phone:? If so, you can logon to skydrive.live.com and remove them
19th February 2011, 09:27 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhn

I'm guessing that you want to remove the pictures that you synced to skydrive using your phone:? If so, you can logon to skydrive.live.com and remove them

No Sir, not so much. I want to remove all of my photo folders from Skydrive. I don’t want the folders to show-up in my Skydrive. More importantly, I don’t want any folders entitled “from windows live” to show-up when I go to “Pictures” on my WP7. It makes absolutely no difference to me if I achieve this using my lap-top or my WP7. I wish to use only Zune to sync photos to my WP7.

Thanks,
Dave
19th February 2011, 10:46 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XATAGuy

No Sir, not so much. I want to remove all of my photo folders from Skydrive. I don’t want the folders to show-up in my Skydrive. More importantly, I don’t want any folders entitled “from windows live” to show-up when I go to “Pictures” on my WP7. It makes absolutely no difference to me if I achieve this using my lap-top or my WP7. I wish to use only Zune to sync photos to my WP7.

Thanks,
Dave

Hello,
I dont think you can remove the folders saying Skydrive camera roll and "from windows live"..
Last edited by rhn; 19th February 2011 at 10:52 PM.
19th February 2011, 10:52 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
I think Camera roll is a default. I want to remove the photo folders I have added to Skydrive.

Thanks
19th February 2011, 10:58 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XATAGuy

I think Camera roll is a default. I want to remove the photo folders I have added to Skydrive.

Thanks

Have you tried logging into your skydrive account at skydrive.live.com? you can delete photos/folders from there. Hope this helps..
19th February 2011, 11:18 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhn

Have you tried logging into your skydrive account at skydrive.live.com? you can delete photos/folders from there. Hope this helps..

How please?
19th February 2011, 11:39 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XATAGuy

How please?

Click on the folder, then click more, then delete
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes