XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Why is SenseUI slow/laggy?

Tip us?

Ryjabo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 128
Default Why is SenseUI slow/laggy?

Why would Sprint market a phone with SenseUI when it's slow slow and laggy? I'm referring specifically to the home screen transitions. It's noticeably slower and not as smooth as Launcher Pro or ADW.

Is there anything that can be done about this? I like SenseUI, but ugh!

I otherwise LOVE this phone.

biassj
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Use a tweak ROM like MikFroyo 4.5, ****s crazy fast.

agentphantom
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by biassj View Post
Use a tweak ROM like MikFroyo 4.5, ****s crazy fast.
+1, although I put ADW on top and it's fan-freakin-tastic

Ryjabo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 128
Thanks for the suggestion! I really like SenseUI, but yeah... the stock is slow as hell. I notice things other things that seem slower than they should be for the hardware this phone has.

Then again... I'm used to running an overclocked Nexus One....

Thanks again.

I'll check out out tonight.

CCallahan
Old
Thanks Meter 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryjabo View Post
Why would Sprint market a phone with SenseUI when it's slow slow and laggy? I'm referring specifically to the home screen transitions. It's noticeably slower and not as smooth as Launcher Pro or ADW.

Is there anything that can be done about this? I like SenseUI, but ugh!

I otherwise LOVE this phone.
Just a thought and not sure it will work but have you tried installing SpareParts and setting the speeds all the way up?
CURRENT DEVICES
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
HTC Flyer
Asus Eee Pad Transformer

---------------------------------------------------
On Hiatus

rhymestars
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Default I hear ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCallahan View Post
Just a thought and not sure it will work but have you tried installing SpareParts and setting the speeds all the way up?
I worked on the nexus, vibrant and epic. Those phones have an ext4 partition. that pretty much fixes all lag. humming bird processors are like amd processors and snapdragon is like intel. you will never get that performance or PIZAZZ out of the evo. Blame it on the masonic influence but i think your desire to switch to the evo was pure marketing.
Ohh and the video is no where near 720p. I think the evo gets 25fps. No matter what app is designed to tell you false readings, your phone will never perform like the nexus. IN MY OPINION. I have all three up and going right now. Not only is the vibrant hd video camcorder 50000000000000000000000 times better, faster and defined but i am actually capturing cleaner smoother video on the samsung moment as we speak. I have all of the firmware and apk files from all phones but i know nothing of porting firmware. The harware on the evo quotes its own ability to handle such performance. I find it weird that it does not. Also most people will not respond to questions that challenge the capabilities of the evo. They are too busy trying to avoid the proof. which is clear as day