Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,888 Members 53,378 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The "Welcome to XDA" Thread

Tip us?

DaveShaw
Old
(Last edited by mark manning; 7th June 2014 at 05:34 PM.)
Retired Senior Moderator + Wiki Bureaucrat - OP
Thanks Meter 359
Default The "Welcome to XDA" Thread

Welcome!!!

On the behalf of everyone here at XDA-Developers.com, we would like to welcome you to our forum. We are the world’s leading mobile development forum and now that you have joined, you will be among the population with the world’s most talented mobile developers. Our mantra is a simple one. We are “a development forum by developers, for developers." XDA is a place where many come to help fellow members and further development on almost every mobile device imaginable. Our forum has amassed a great wealth of knowledge and it is now at your fingertips. This thread is a starting place for all new members, such as yourself. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to us in the thread. Let us know who you are, tell us a little bit about yourself, how you became interested in mobile development and hacking, as well as how you found XDA.

Please take a look at the links below. We have added some valuable information that will help guide you to success on XDA.

Quote:
First and foremost, when it comes to success on XDA, we expect all members, both new and old, to know, understand, and follow all of the rules and policies set forth by the forum administrators. You can review the rules in the link below. These rules are also pinned at the top of every forum page as an announcement.

We understand that being new to this forum can be a little overwhelming. Our very own Senior Moderator, mikef, has taken the time to write a very extensive guide that covers just about everything you need to know when starting off here at XDA. We suggest you take some time and read through this guide as it will answer most, if not all of the questions that you may have as a new member.

Next you will probably notice that there is a restriction set on all new members for posting in the development sections here on XDA. Once you have posted 10 times, this restriction will be lifted. This isn't to punish new members, but to give all new members a chance to understand how XDA works before one is allowed to post in those sections. Please note that we do require a new members' first 10 posts to be constructive and helpful. Any spamming to avert this restriction will lead to posts being deleted. For a more in-depth explanation of why this rule exists, please follow the link.

Last but not least, there may be times when you need assistance from someone on the XDA staff. Our staff is always here, 24 hours a day, to assist you with anything that you may need regarding the forum itself. However, please keep in mind that our staff is not here to answer questions about issues that you may be having with your device. We are here solely for issues within the forum itself that may need to be addressed. If you come across an issue with the forum, the easiest way to get our attention is by reporting a post.

We wish you luck with all of your endeavors on XDA. Your success here is up to you, but we hope this starting place helps set you on the path to that success. XDA welcomes you with open arms and we thank you for joining our community.

Enjoy your stay!

Mod note: The purpose of this thread is to introduce yourselves. Tell us who you are and why you came to XDA. DO NOT use this thread as a means to boost your post count. If this happens, your posts will be deleted without warning.
--Retired.
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to DaveShaw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

forbidden1tom
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Ok, so I'll be the first one in a new thread. I found this forum when I was looking for something about rooting my X10 and custom ROM. I've found here everything that I was looking for and even more... Now I know how can I personalize my phone in million ways ;D
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to forbidden1tom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

conantroutman
Old
Moderator Committee / XDA Portal Team - Title Under Construction. Please Pardon Our Dust
Thanks Meter 7006
Heyyyyyyyy yooooooooouuuuuu guuuuuuuyyyysssssssss!!!!

#goonies

"If Diane Young won't change your mind......"

HTC HD2, Samsung Galaxy SII, Note II, Nexus 7 2012 & Motorola Xoom

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to conantroutman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jokrsolutions
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hi everone, Im happy today after been able to flash my Magic to Android 2.3
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jokrsolutions For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thekeep
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Welcome to the greatest android, windows an ipod developmen site out there
The Following User Says Thank You to thekeep For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kikko2000
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Hi
Ciao
Haai
C'kemi Hallo
ألسّلام عليكم
السلام عليكم
آلو
Ola
Hbee
Werte
Hola
Salam
Kaixo
Вітаю
haelo!
प्रणाम
Dobar dan
Salud
Здравейте
Ало
Hola
Hfa dai
Салам
Moni
Halito
Guuten takh
Dydh da
Bonghjornu
Bok
Ahoj
Hej
Hej
Hallo
Saluton
Tere
Hallo
Bula
Terve
Salut
Moin
Gouden Dai
A goeie
Bund
Ola
Hallo
Γειά!
Έλα
Aluu
Bonjou
Aloha
שלום
Tjike
Mono
नमस्ते
J napot kvnok
Hall
Saluto
Selamat siang
Salute
ᐊᐃ
Halauġikpi
Dia dhuit
Ciao
Godaw
Salut
Witjze
Сәлем!
!kao
Heus
Sveiki
Hallo
Labas
Moin
Moien
Здраво
Selamat pagi
Dy bannee diu
Hello
Сайн уу?
Байна уу
!gai
Y't'h
नमस्ते
Goddag
Bonjorn! Adieu! Adieussiatz!
Aniin
Wes hāl
Wai
Goondach
Cześć
Ol
Al?
Salut
Здравствуйте
Talofa
Hal
Здраво
Lumela
Mhoro
Ciau
Mhoro
Ahoj (sg
Zdravo
Hola!
Hoj
Habari
Hej
Mabuhay!
Ola
สวัสดี
Gude
Malo e lelei
АсаламугIалейкум!
Merhaba
Вітаю
Алло
Assalomu Alaykum!
Labbay!
I nhlikanhi
Cho anh
-l!
Glidis
Bondjo
Ngurrju mayinpa
Hel
Molo
Mogethin
Ẹ n lẹ
Sawubona
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kikko2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jut313
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just thought i would say hi i have been a long time reader of this forum and have used its many guide to help me pimp out my fone. Thank you everyone for making this forum the best
twitch351 Old
Thanks Meter
Hello everyone my name is Twitch153 and I am an alcoholic...

-If ignorance is bliss why aren't you smiling?-

sitedesigner
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile How appropriate?!

Hello folks,

I was actually just looking for an "introductions" forum so I could find the right spot to post and say hello to the members.

My name is David Goecke and I own the Android phone Samsung Epic 4G phone since September 10th (It came out August 31st).

I've been a lurker on the forums for a while just reading up here and there and finally decided to post on here. I'm a web site designer (hence the name) and finally getting into modding my phone. Want to unleash the power of my phone. Froyo was just recently released (this week) for the Epic, (yeah, they were a bit late) but it's got a lot of buzz going in the Epic 4G forums.

Feel free to come give us a visit over there sometime.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and future warm welcomes.

David

ecbuddy123
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by boborone View Post
why is it so important to post in dev threads

maybe i'm missing something, but why do all these newbies want to post in dev so bad

got a rom to post, kernal, maybe a fw leak, i don't get it

Im not really a noob, ive been active in other forums but the hd2 isnt supported over there officially, and i dont know if i can post the site name her cuase4 i dont know if i get in trouble, but yeah i come from a well known forum site and i like to be part of the forum to show the kinks in the rom and by being a tester help the rom become better you know. Nut htis rom usually recieves an update a day or in less than a couple of days so yeah

Tags
android, android application, app developer, blackberry application, google, internet marketing, intro, introduction, ios rulez teh !!!11!!11!, iphone application, jobs is god, knowledge, lordmanhattan was here, new member, nexus, noob club, off topic, say hi, veeman was here, wat dawg wat u doin, web designing