One thing at a time!
I'm just trying to develop a base I am comfortable with for now. Please don't expect the world from day one. That being said, I will be putting a significant amount of time into this rom over the next few weeks, so it will definitely improve over time.
I've just wasted the last couple of hours messing around with the ramdisk attempting to implement custom bootanimation functionality. Unfortunately I haven't yet got it working, so I think I'll take the rest of the evening off and pick this up again in the morning!
Some small ideas of what's been done so far:
- De-odexed build (improving system space)
- 2 tweaks which increase free memory
- Annoying 'OHAI THE BATTERY IS FULL ALERT' removed via smali - no more audio notification or screen on to say OHAI, meaning no more 3am wake ups.
- Menu key will now unlock phone on lock screen
- Removed some bloatware
Now.. I was going to use the STOCK gingerbread launcher, rather than the touchwiz launcher... but I'd like people's opinions on that. I could easily make a batch file which would swap them back to original.
Tomorrow my initial plans will be:
- Have another go at implementing custom bootanimation support (had a lot of bad luck with it today)
- Add 'Reboot to Recovery', 'Reboot to Download Mode' and 'Reboot' to the power menu
AFTER THE INITIAL RELEASE, I will then start looking into:
- Custom OC/UV kernel
- Porting ClockworkMod or creating my own recovery image
- More significant changes and rom work
Anyway - again... please don't expect the miracle ROM you've been waiting for since day one. Consider this a stable, solid base for changes to follow!
RE: People asking about TW4... I'm not going to be looking at that for a few days, so I'm not qualified to give you an answer!
Anyway.. I'll be in here again tomorrow keeping you updated. I expect to have something out by 5pm GMT.