Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 49,120 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cant get Fascinate into download mode help!

Tip us?

psychopyro202
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Cant get Fascinate into download mode help!

I have a Samsung Fascinate that will not boot, i get a black screen with a cellphone a ! in a yellow triangle and a computers. The 3 button method will not get me into download or recovery! takeing out the battery and plugging into usb with the volume up button down doesnt work either. I tried plugging it into the computer but adb nor odin would detect it(yes i have the right drivers) please help ive hit a wall

Avelnan
Old
Thanks Meter 44

DONATE TO ME
Try plugging in with the battery out and the volume down button pressed until the download mode shows up. Btw may I ask how you got yourself into this mess?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
Smash
My
Thanks
Button

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Avelnan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

psychopyro202
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
as stated in the first post i have tried that method to get into download mode. and i got into this mess trying to get clockwork on the phone (did not install properly) and trying to put samsung fasinate (verison) rom on it... oops lol?

Avelnan
Old
Thanks Meter 44

DONATE TO ME
Actually in OP it says you pressed the volume up button. Volume down is what gets you into download mode.

Smash
My
Thanks
Button

Avelnan
Old
Thanks Meter 44

DONATE TO ME
Also I believe you would get more help if you posted this in the fascinate forums.

Smash
My
Thanks
Button

psychopyro202
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
BTW i got stuck with one of the awsome fascinates that will not 3 button recovery/download

psychopyro202
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Found the solution that worked for me. I had to plug in the usb hold volume down then pop in the battery to get it to go into download mode.

Avelnan
Old
Thanks Meter 44

DONATE TO ME
Ohh usually it goes with the battery popped out.

Smash
My
Thanks
Button

_atlien_
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avelnan View Post
Try plugging in with the battery out and the volume down button pressed until the download mode shows up. Btw may I ask how you got yourself into this mess?

That is how you get into download mode on the Verizon Fascinate. Why are there all these guesses all over the internet? That is how you do it.
HTC DoubleShot Running CM9
Jedi Knight 2 on my T-Mobile SGS2
Jedi Knight X on my GNote2
Simple Mobile $50 all you can eat plan!

jrg1319
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopyro202 View Post
BTW i got stuck with one of the awsome fascinates that will not 3 button recovery/download
Was trying to reimage this phone using Odin v1.3 a usb malfunction error message came up Ive been trying to use it to several computers since then, but the same message kept coming up and of course the odin could recognise the devise and i went up turn the phone on normally all i have is a black screen with a phone and yellow explanation and computer logos on the screen the explanation sign is in between the phone and computer logos and now I can not do anything with this phone...I think my only option is for somebody to help me to find some image that will run on the SD card instead of the USB port.
Please help!
Thank you!