Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,853 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Theme] -2.1.A.0.435- 'Suave Green' (Beta)

Tip us?

AyDee
Old
(Last edited by AyDee; 4th March 2011 at 04:59 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 810

DONATE TO ME
Arrow [Theme] -2.1.A.0.435- 'Suave Green' (Beta)

Ok, I'm finally posting a beta of my 1st theme. I have lots of time constraints so release/updates may be slower than others, but hopefully worth it. Also won't be doing any other version than 2.1.A.0.435 for now for the same reason, but I may if this goes over pretty well.

Bootscreen & Analog Click Widget

Wallpaper (will add to a 'pack' & delete image when there's more)

I have redone most of the animated .png's "from scratch" in Photoshop, including the 120+ battery icons, the spinners, "Connecting" call icon, downloads, etc. as well as a LOT of the static icons and .9.png's. So these icons will be unique to this theme unless someone likes them and ports them to another (feel free themers, but please give credit!). Bootscreen is from the interweb (sorry, I forget) & is not the ideal resolution but really "matches"...
Feel free to add suggestions or let me know what I missed or what you'd like to see.

Done: (aside from tweaks & missed bits)
-framework-res.apk
-framework.jar & android.policy.jar (w/reboot option and 100-step % battery- Thanks, MrRusch!)
-Conversations.apk
-Phonebook.apk
-SemcPhone.apk
-FriendPivotLargeUI.apk
-mediascape
-bootanimation.zip
-zipaligned
-analog clock widget available (see attachment, installable apk)
-font available (see attachment, zip for xrecovery)
Working on:
-settings
-more framework-res fixes
-default wallpapers
-digital clock widget
-suggestions?
Not right now:
-Timescape
-2.2+/CM port

Link:
(Custom .zip for xrecovery)
>>Suave_Green_0.1.zip<<
>>Dropbox Mirror<<

Update for 0.1 (mediascape & FriendPivot)
>>Suave_Green_Update.zip<<
>>Dropbox Mirror<<

*Next update will add to framework-res so I will consolidate to 1 download link then.*

>>>>>Dock is from this pack from here. Clock is mClock
Font is Storopia, and is attached to this post as an installable zip for xrecovery.

(As usual, BACK UP EVERYTHING & use at your own risk- I'm not responsible if you kill your phone or burn your pizza...)

Attached Files
File Type: zip Storopia_xrecovery_.zip - [Click for QR Code] (266.7 KB, 315 views)
File Type: apk Suave_Green_Analog_Clock.apk - [Click for QR Code] (115.5 KB, 213 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AyDee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AyDee
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 810

DONATE TO ME
*reserved- just in case

QuentinCosta
Old
Thanks Meter 22
can you plz share the app-drawer icon for the launcherpro?

i mean that droid-skull...

and by the way ... nice theme!

THX in advance

Villain 2.3.4 @ Thunderbolt 3.0 & KH3 Modem

Old
Thanks Meter 1
I like this theme but I'm using FreeX10 right now. This theme look like GreenGlow.
I think you can add the lock screen picture.

Mano1982
Old
Thanks Meter 126
It's beautiful & fantastic... Although i'm on 2.2 & i can't use it, but i really loved it.. Are you thinking to port it for 2.2 also?
The Following User Says Thank You to Mano1982 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AyDee
Old
(Last edited by AyDee; 22nd February 2011 at 05:14 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 810

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuentinCosta View Post
can you plz share the app-drawer icon for the launcherpro?

i mean that droid-skull...

and by the way ... nice theme!

THX in advance
I will attach the icon in a few sizes. I made it for when the superuser app needed a new icon. Didn't win the contest but I still like it.
and... Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4317 View Post
I like this theme but I'm using FreeX10 right now. This theme look like GreenGlow.
Thanks.
I figured I'd get compared to that theme. the resemblance is unintentional but I take it as a great compliment!
The 'glow' on mine isn't a part of the status bar, it's a shadow I tweaked. You can tell in the 1st pic where the notifications are down it moves
Quote:
I think you can add the lock screen picture.
Still working on it. Or did you mean add the one from GreenGlow??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mano1982 View Post
It's beautiful & fantastic... Although i'm on 2.2 & i can't use it, but i really loved it.. Are you thinking to port it for 2.2 also?
Thanks for the comment.
I have never even looked inside a 2.2 'rom' so I don't know how hard porting it will be but I have kept my images organized so hopefully it won't be too bad. I will definitely look into it once I have the 2.1 more complete.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to AyDee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bleached45
Old
Thanks Meter 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyDee View Post
Thanks.
I figured I'd get compared to that theme. the resemblance is unintentional but I take it as a great compliment!
The 'glow' on mine isn't a part of the status bar, it's a shadow I tweaked. You can tell in the 1st pic where the notifications are down it moves
Still working on it. Or did you mean add the one from GreenGlow??
Thanks for the comment.
I have never even looked inside a 2.2 'rom' so I don't know how hard porting it will be but I have kept my images organized so hopefully it won't be too bad. I will definitely look into it once I have the 2.1 more complete.
First off, HOLY CRAP!!! Sir, nice theme.

And I don't think just because this is a green theme that makes it similar to the greenglow theme. This one has a more metallic look, and it's very polished and professional (not knocking greenglow here, it looks great as well).

And I think he thought you simply forgot to add a screen cap of your lockscreen, but it seems you are redoing it.

As for 2.2, I am using Free X10 and I've opened it up, the framework-res.apk looks very similar to 2.1, but the names of all the images are different, Sony renamed everything for their ROM, so you can copy/paste many of the images, but you will have to rename them all... considering how many there are... it will most likely take some time. As for the phone and messenger and some other apks, those will a little reworking, because they are slightly different from the Sony versions (mostly the messenger).

I would love to see a 2.2 port, because I am really impressed with this.

However, may I suggest perhaps changing the notification pull-down background, the chain link looks nice, but it seems a little busy and doesn't seem to fit the rest of the theme all too well, maybe a transparent dark green brushed metal look, something similar to the default background. But it's really just personal opinion here. I don't know if this is possible, because the background is usually tiled, maybe just a solid, transparent, dark green.

As for names, I suck at naming things, lol... But I get an industrial feel from this... maybe "Industrial Green", or "Industrial Hunter".

Keep it up, this looks beautiful.
The Following User Says Thank You to bleached45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

igoroak
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default The name

Hi there!

Even if I do not use the theme, you (who made it) deserve congrats. It is well made, beautiful and posh. As I have and love my luster white x10, some colors seem not to match it. Its is personal, I know. I would love having a brown/golden theme, or even a Violet one.

Again, congrats.

By the way it is, I would call it """THE CHLOROPHYLL""""

AyDee
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 810

DONATE TO ME
@bleached45: Thanks for the compliments, suggestions, and insight into 2.2. I may try to enlist some help to port it if it's too much... would definitely like to let you guys try it!
As for the notification pull-down, it is definitely out of place, I made it and have been using it because I like the way it looks in motion kind of a novelty.
Quote:
maybe just a solid, transparent, dark green.
I have one like this already made for this theme! Will most likely release w/that.
I am also playing with doing a "perforated metal" pulldown.
I'll have to start a theme add-ons thread (maybe just 2nd post..) for the more "adventurous" stuff

@igoroak:
Thanks, I may look into doing different color variations if possible.

Cheers.

Lord aLaL
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Call it superstition

Sent from my X10a using XDA App

Tags
2.1.a.0.435, green, theme, x10