Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM] Android Revolution HD 7.3 & 9.2 | High Quality & Performance | O/C | Legendary

OP mike1986.

24th February 2011, 06:47 PM   |  #511  
Thanks Meter: 183

2,060 posts
More
@Mike/Guys, I understand I dont have to wipe anything since I'm already on .14 but say I was on a whole other rom. What would I need to wipe? I'm a little new to flashing customs roms and yesterday while playing around I accidentally wiped root right off my device, luckily it wasnt hard to put back. But what/how would I wipe without harming root if I was coming from another rom and trying this one .15?
24th February 2011, 06:47 PM   |  #512  
Flag Austin, Tx
Thanks Meter: 42

855 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeslice976

Yes - flash fix in CWM. I just flashed .15 and audio fix. Will test audio over my lunch break and report back.

I thought the audio fix is in .15 so there isn't a need for the audio fix, right?
24th February 2011, 06:50 PM   |  #513  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Orlando, Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,559

695 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj0528

I thought the audio fix is in .15 so there isn't a need for the audio fix, right?

That's what I thought also - Trying to keep up with all the posts is confusing the hell out of me though.
24th February 2011, 06:51 PM   |  #514  
Flag Austin, Tx
Thanks Meter: 42

855 posts
More
Yup, i hear ya
24th February 2011, 06:51 PM   |  #515  
Dayton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 521

2,818 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SysAdmNj

@Mike/Guys, I understand I dont have to wipe anything since I'm already on .14 but say I was on a whole other rom. What would I need to wipe? I'm a little new to flashing customs roms and yesterday while playing around I accidentally wiped root right off my device, luckily it wasnt hard to put back. But what/how would I wipe without harming root if I was coming from another rom and trying this one .15?

first off let me start by saying you cannot wipe root per say off your phone. you can flash a rom which doesnt have root but you cannot just do a wipe of your phone and remove your root access.

having said that I would pay close attention to the threads that you get your roms out of and make sure they have root.

Most roms it is not needed to wipe before installing the same rom but just newer version but is recommended.

if your coming from lets say leedroid and want to install this rom I would always do a wipe.
24th February 2011, 06:52 PM   |  #516  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Central Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 2,135

2,906 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1986.

You can flash radio whenever you want. After, before, doesn't matter. The fix you flash always after flashing new ROM.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownFuze

That's what I thought also - Trying to keep up with all the posts is confusing the hell out of me though.

I asked this question, sort of, and Mike's response was the fix is flashed after flashing new ROM. This lead me to believe it wasn't included
24th February 2011, 06:54 PM   |  #517  
Thanks Meter: 5

58 posts
Storage space on phone?
I'm sorry if tihs is a noob question. I just installed the ROM last night, but when I go into App2SD, it shows the internal storage space as "Total: 1.13GB".

Is this normal?
24th February 2011, 06:55 PM   |  #518  
OP Senior Member
XDA-Developers
Thanks Meter: 71,788

37,312 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SysAdmNj

I recommend you doing wipe. Go to recovery, mounts and storage ---> format data ---> flash my ROM and ready.
24th February 2011, 06:56 PM   |  #519  
OP Senior Member
XDA-Developers

37,312 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

No, the fix will be provided as a separate package
24th February 2011, 06:57 PM   |  #520  
OP Senior Member
XDA-Developers

37,312 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lirnosh

I'm sorry if tihs is a noob question. I just installed the ROM last night, but when I go into App2SD, it shows the internal storage space as "Total: 1.13GB".

Is this normal?

There is no app2SD in my ROM for the following reasons:

1. We have 1GB internal memory
2. SD is slower then internal memory so with apps2sd your device is working slower

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, android revolution hd, rom htc inspire 4g
Previous Thread Next Thread