Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,858 Members 36,634 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Android Revolution HD 7.3 & 9.2 | High Quality & Performance | O/C | Legendary

Tip us?

SysAdmNj
Old
Thanks Meter 182
@Mike/Guys, I understand I dont have to wipe anything since I'm already on .14 but say I was on a whole other rom. What would I need to wipe? I'm a little new to flashing customs roms and yesterday while playing around I accidentally wiped root right off my device, luckily it wasnt hard to put back. But what/how would I wipe without harming root if I was coming from another rom and trying this one .15?

mj0528
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeslice976 View Post
Yes - flash fix in CWM. I just flashed .15 and audio fix. Will test audio over my lunch break and report back.
I thought the audio fix is in .15 so there isn't a need for the audio fix, right?

BlownFuze
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,555

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj0528 View Post
I thought the audio fix is in .15 so there isn't a need for the audio fix, right?
That's what I thought also - Trying to keep up with all the posts is confusing the hell out of me though.

mj0528
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Yup, i hear ya

bkeaver
Old
Thanks Meter 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by SysAdmNj View Post
@Mike/Guys, I understand I dont have to wipe anything since I'm already on .14 but say I was on a whole other rom. What would I need to wipe? I'm a little new to flashing customs roms and yesterday while playing around I accidentally wiped root right off my device, luckily it wasnt hard to put back. But what/how would I wipe without harming root if I was coming from another rom and trying this one .15?
first off let me start by saying you cannot wipe root per say off your phone. you can flash a rom which doesnt have root but you cannot just do a wipe of your phone and remove your root access.

having said that I would pay close attention to the threads that you get your roms out of and make sure they have root.

Most roms it is not needed to wipe before installing the same rom but just newer version but is recommended.

if your coming from lets say leedroid and want to install this rom I would always do a wipe.
HTC ONE M7 - Bootloder Unlocked / SIM Unlocked / S-OFF / SuperCID / Rooted FOR SALE
Nexus 5 - Bootloader Unlocked / Rooted
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
LG G3 Has arrived!!! <-- Current Daily Driver
LG G2 D800 running CloudyPro2 + Dorimanx 6.2 Kernel

Please Hit the THANKS Button if I have helped..

homeslice976
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,107

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1986. View Post
You can flash radio whenever you want. After, before, doesn't matter. The fix you flash always after flashing new ROM.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownFuze View Post
That's what I thought also - Trying to keep up with all the posts is confusing the hell out of me though.
I asked this question, sort of, and Mike's response was the fix is flashed after flashing new ROM. This lead me to believe it wasn't included

lirnosh
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Storage space on phone?

I'm sorry if tihs is a noob question. I just installed the ROM last night, but when I go into App2SD, it shows the internal storage space as "Total: 1.13GB".

Is this normal?

mike1986.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69,985

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SysAdmNj View Post
I recommend you doing wipe. Go to recovery, mounts and storage ---> format data ---> flash my ROM and ready.

Archived devices and my other threads:

Join Android Revolution HD community

Facebook | Twitter | IRC chat | Visit my blog | Google+

If you appreciate my work, you can buy me a beer
Every donation is greatly appreciated and it helps the development!

mike1986.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69,985

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
No, the fix will be provided as a separate package

mike1986.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69,985

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lirnosh View Post
I'm sorry if tihs is a noob question. I just installed the ROM last night, but when I go into App2SD, it shows the internal storage space as "Total: 1.13GB".

Is this normal?
There is no app2SD in my ROM for the following reasons:

1. We have 1GB internal memory
2. SD is slower then internal memory so with apps2sd your device is working slower

Tags
android, android revolution hd, rom htc inspire 4g