Device Review: Epson Moverio BT-200 Smart Glasses

Over the last few years, the world of wearables has truly gone from fantasy to reality. … more

Tracker Discounts Helps You Find Good Deals on Steam

If you’re a PC gamer, you’re undoubtedly well familiar with Steam. This … more

Sony Extends AOSP Project to the Xperia Z3

While most OEMs simply don’t care about the custom ROM community, others are doing an … more

How Open Source Can Help Your Project w/ Ethan Yonker – BABBQ2014

People have finally recovered from this years Big Android BBQ … more

[APP] Road Rage -[R]- 2/22/11 -[V]- 1.0

OP enahs_

22nd February 2011, 07:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

91 posts
Name: Road Rage

This is my first App for Windows Phone 7 (or any system actually). It is a simple to use program to tell those other drivers what you think! This small and quick loading program presents you with 9 words to display on your screen in big bold letters. Sayings included:
Wait!
Move!
Jerk!
Idiot!
Blinker!
Faster!
Slower!
My Bad!
Sorry!

The other advantage is they all have a 'mirror' mode, so other drivers can read the messages in their rear view mirrors! This was harder to do then just write the characters of the message backwards!

Takes advantage of the users selected theme as well. It is also very small and takes up little storage space. Screenshots of main screen and one of the mirror messages is attached below.

*download*
It is available for free, ad supported, on the Windows Phone 7 Market Place. Either search for 'Road Rage' on the Marketplace or click the following link (should launch Zune software): Get 'Road Rage'
*download*

I originally had a few more harsh words in the program, but it was rejected by Microsoft for excessive use of adult language. It took several tries to get it approved. I originally had the words "ASS" and "****er" and was rejected, so I tried to go all Battlestar Galactica and substitute "Fracker!", but it was still rejected. So I then removed them and went with "Jerk!" and "Idiot!". I also predict that this program will be emulated/copied onto the iPhone and Android system by somebody else fairly soon, but I did it first!

If there is enough demand I will update the program to allow users to create their own messages and save them to the menu for quick easy selection, to by-pass Microsofts explicit language policy.

*WARNING* Operating a portable electronic device while driving is dangerous and is probably illegal in your area, and probably pretty stupid too. Use at your own risk!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	splashscreenimage.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	524581   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot2.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	524582  
Last edited by enahs_; 28th February 2011 at 08:18 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to enahs_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2011, 08:22 PM   |  #2  
Flag Hell
Thanks Meter: 5

18 posts
More
Nice app but my road rage includes much harsher words and phrases 0
The Following User Says Thank You to failtorespond For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2011, 03:42 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 426

1,493 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hmm... Have you ever tried a finger? Much more effective and no ads at all LOL

P.S. BTW, do you really think that someone is able to see a handset's screen at the rear-view mirror??? ;-/
23rd February 2011, 04:48 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

91 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensboston

Hmm... Have you ever tried a finger? Much more effective and no ads at all LOL

P.S. BTW, do you really think that someone is able to see a handset's screen at the rear-view mirror??? ;-/

Yes, they are, we tested it. That is why the messages are short, so they can take the full screen. The text will be larger then US license plate lettering on any screen bigger then 3.5 inches. And it has more contrast then most license plate color combination's, so it should be no problem at all for most people and a decent distance away.
23rd February 2011, 10:21 PM   |  #5  
Flag geraardsbergen
Thanks Meter: 115

3,213 posts
Donate to Me
maybe you can made a small area where we can type a word(short to respect te full screen)
24th February 2011, 12:33 PM   |  #6  
Flag Aalborg
Thanks Meter: 13

208 posts
More
Red face
You must make an Android version
24th February 2011, 12:57 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
What if you have tinted windows ? Also, holding UP the phone like that while driving is kind of dangerous. The effort versus affect isn't worth the trouble. Try that in parts of California and you'll be wearing your WP7 up your arse, get shot at, or laughed at such a feeble minded display of cowardice. Better to be a defensive driver to avoid an accident.
The Following User Says Thank You to sxeanleedavid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2011, 01:34 PM   |  #8  
Flag Cyprus-Nicosia
Thanks Meter: 415

1,059 posts
More
I don't see anything that comes in handy! Nice effort mate but i still prefer my mouth and my finger.. it's much faster than Unlock your phone, open app and show it to the driver!
24th February 2011, 03:56 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
still, niceeee XD
13th March 2011, 11:06 PM   |  #10  
Flag All Your Base
Thanks Meter: 746

1,378 posts
Donate to Me
More
I would pay a dollar to show my own text in this program

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread