Music Player Apparently stops playing

Tip us?

freebirds87
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Default Music Player Apparently stops playing

Anyone else experiencing an issue with the default music player app? Mine stops playing after the screen cuts off. I've got it ignored in task manager. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App
HTC One Dev Edition

FNugget
Old
Thanks Meter 3
In addition, I found that leaving my phone sitting in the passenger seat while playing music can make it randomly skip songs. I don't mean to the next song, I mean to the middle of a random song. And when it finishes, it hops back to where it hopped from.

RCDheliracer
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I am having this issue as well. App is ignored in task manager but music stops playing a minute or so after the screen goes to sleep. It's really getting annoying. Thank you in advance for your help.

Ryan

FNugget
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I thought there might have been some interfering auto killed app, so I unchecked all of them and proceeded to block half each time to find the problem. 0 apps blocked, music worked after screen went off. Half blocked, music still worked. 3/4 blocked, music still works. 7/8 blocked, music still works. Block everything I intended to be blocked the first time around, music still works.

Yeah, I have no freakin idea why my music stopped after playing with the blocking, but it solved itself somehow. Just try soft reset, give it some time.

sstalder
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I also have the same issue. It doesn't appear to happen when I let the screen lock itself, only when I manually hit lock.

RCDheliracer
Old
(Last edited by RCDheliracer; 24th February 2011 at 01:58 PM.) Reason: typo
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNugget View Post
I thought there might have been some interfering auto killed app, so I unchecked all of them and proceeded to block half each time to find the problem. 0 apps blocked, music worked after screen went off. Half blocked, music still worked. 3/4 blocked, music still works. 7/8 blocked, music still works. Block everything I intended to be blocked the first time around, music still works.

Yeah, I have no freakin idea why my music stopped after playing with the blocking, but it solved itself somehow. Just try soft reset, give it some time.
After messing with differnt apps being auto ended, I discovered that the gallery app has something to do with the music player. When I removed the gallery app from the auto end list, the problem went away. When I readded it, it came back. Someone else will probably want to check this but it worked for me
The Following User Says Thank You to RCDheliracer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jnaldaco
Old
Thanks Meter 0
What I did is:
Remove music app from the app killer
Go into- manage apps/music player/force close/clear data
Songs will be deleted
Put the songs back, but put them in the- playlist folder

hope it helps.

FNugget
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I think this may be a no hassle temporary solution.

If your music keeps stopping:
Set your timeout to never, manual lock, unlock, set timeout to your normal setting.

So far, I've only tried letting it timeout on its own, but the music doesn't stop anymore.

jkrohn
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Is the music on your SD card or internal memory?

RCDheliracer
Old
Thanks Meter 7
It's on the onboard memory.