Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Golden Motorola Xoom

OP Arcadia310

23rd February 2011, 12:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 101

1,081 posts
Golden Xooms for Celebs at Oscars

That would be so cool.
23rd February 2011, 12:58 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 138

811 posts
What would be cool is if they didn't waste money plating them in gold and didn't give them to people who have a ton of money. How about giving XOOMs to regular users instead?
23rd February 2011, 01:03 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

38 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrtoodeetoo

What would be cool is if they didn't waste money plating them in gold and didn't give them to people who have a ton of money. How about giving XOOMs to regular users instead?

lol that's foolish. it's priced nice and high so no average joe can have it. it's also priced high so motorola can make some sort of profit from it; god forbid.
23rd February 2011, 01:15 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 138

811 posts
Problem is most Android users are average joes. If I wanted something to make me look 'above average' and 'elite', I would buy an iPad. Android is for everybody.

If Moto has that mentality, they're marketing to the wrong crowd.
23rd February 2011, 01:20 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 497

2,471 posts
Quote:

Problem is most Android users are average joes. If I wanted something to make me look 'above average' and 'elite', I would buy an iPad. Android is for everybody.

If Moto has that mentality, they're marketing to the wrong crowd.

Average joes can wait a couple weeks and pick one up when its on sale. They are commanding a premium because they are the first out the door. Once other tablets hit, you will see this price correct downwards VERY quickly. Trust me, I am sure Motorola did some research into just how much they could bilk out of early adopters to maximize initial profit. They pretty much chose the perfect price point for that. Also, when later Motorola adjusts the price downwards, the Average Joe types will feel as though they are getting a better deal because of the initial high price point and will probably be more willing to spend slightly more than they would otherwise because of the "deal" they are getting.
23rd February 2011, 01:36 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 15

196 posts
Quote:

the way i see it. giving xooms to regular users wouldnt market much. word of mouth spreads better when there is someone in the spotlight. millions of people follow celebrities and if the celebrities talk about the product they got then alot more people would know about it rather than a person that only 20 people know.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread