Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,782 Members 46,244 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Motorola OEM chargers only?

Tip us?

Roricken
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Motorola OEM chargers only?

Last night, I decided to use my HD2 charger, since it was already in my drawer. Charged it around midnight and woke up around 4 and it only charged 10% So I decided to use the Motorola charger, and when I woke up around 6 it was fully charged in less than 2 hours. So my question is, are we only suppose to be using the charger that came w/ it or is my outlet possessed

thunderpack
Old
Thanks Meter 5
The actual cable doesn't matter, but the charging port seems to. My phone doesn't charge as well when hooked up to my HTC Aria's usb charge vs. the one that came with my Atrix or even the old Motorola Z9 charger I have (like this one since it's longer than my USB cable and it reaches my bed so I can do "Sleep as a Droid"
Motorola Atrix

bsinc1962
Old
Thanks Meter 58
I tried using my Nexus charger last night and the phone didn't like it at all. It started FC'ing all over the place and I had to reboot it. The voltage on both chargers are the same. For a moment I thought I f'd it up but it's been fine all day.

co.ag.2005
Old
Thanks Meter 143
I'm using Blackberry's micro usb chargers with no problem. I bought a few of these for my N1, and they work fine with the Atrix. The N1 charger from Google/HTC does not work like you all have said.

http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Fol...8495146&sr=8-2

Galaxy S5
iPhone 5c
iPad rMini

harolds
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roricken View Post
Last night, I decided to use my HD2 charger, since it was already in my drawer. Charged it around midnight and woke up around 4 and it only charged 10% So I decided to use the Motorola charger, and when I woke up around 6 it was fully charged in less than 2 hours. So my question is, are we only suppose to be using the charger that came w/ it or is my outlet possessed
Check the amp output of the charger, a good one will be at 1amp, where most are around 500ma or less.

perdurabo2
Old
Thanks Meter 21
If you're having charging issues, it's probably because the charger isn't supplying the required 800ma draw. Most USB power adapters still only output 500ma max. Be sure your 3rd party charger can output 800ma or more. For example the Apple USB adapters can output anywhere from 1000ma to 2000ma and they work great charging the Atrix.

Hope this helps!
---
Various CDMA/LTE phones

If you want to get ahold of me about technical matters, PM me. I'm not able to read through everything in the forums anymore.

If my post helped you, please click Thanks, so I know.

I don't speak for or represent my employer.

mmeads
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsinc1962 View Post
I tried using my Nexus charger last night and the phone didn't like it at all. It started FC'ing all over the place and I had to reboot it. The voltage on both chargers are the same. For a moment I thought I f'd it up but it's been fine all day.
[QUOTE=co.ag.2005;11587704]I'm using Blackberry's micro usb chargers with no problem. I bought a few of these for my N1, and they work fine with the Atrix. The N1 charger from Google/HTC does not work like you all have said.

Yep to both. I tried my N1 charger last night, and the Atrix wasn't having it. Tried my BB charger at work and it charged up quickly. It's weird. On the plus side, a second usb cable is only 6 bucks from at&t ... which is fair.

[DT]
Old
Thanks Meter 1
The Atrix must be a little charge sensitive (maybe it has a rapid charge mode or something). We have at our counter a surge protector that also has two built in USB ports for charging. We've charged our iPhone 4 and my Captivate at the same time for months.

When I plugged in the Atrix, it starting chirping (like switching the charge mode on/off/on/off) and the iP4 _also_ started flipping out (again, like the power was being interrupted).

I wound up plugging into the same surge protector, but used a regular AC outlet and the supplied USB>>AC adapter. Everything ran/charged just fine.
For Sale: Samsung Captivate, purchased July '10, includes box/docs, all accessories and Seidio Innocase.

Aaronneyer
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Mine seems to freeze up and force close often whenever I charge it with my blackberry cord. The same cord had been charging my Backflip fine for months.

tonyantonucci
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Need the Amp rating

I don't have an Atrix yet (I will soon).

The Blackberry charger that I have puts out 700mA.

But I have tried to use other micro USB chargers with the BlackBerry (BB) and if the charger does not put out the right amps, the BB keeps flipping into/out of clock mode. If you then plug in a BB charger....works great.

XDA PORTAL POSTS

Slate Calendar Helps You Organize Your Life

Without calendars in some form or another, most of our lives would be utter chaos. Unless you are … more

Shane Francis to Talk Android, Robotics, and Vision at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of … more

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more

Benchmark Your CPU Performance with Mini CPU Integer Script

When it comes to device testing, there are two types of people on XDA. The first … more