Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

[Q] European HTC Gratia ROM.

OP Divino

23rd February 2011, 06:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

131 posts
I have read almost every thread on upgrading the HTC Aria operating system, in particular the "Liberated" ROM or excellent Cyanogen.

... now it's finally appeared the HTC Gratia and then there is a "official" version of Froyo with Sense on the air.

What I see however is that there are available only "asian" ROM and not "european", so I ask if anyone has tried to upgrade the Aria with the european ROM, and then with english / french / spanish / italian language.

I ask this because I understand you can upgrade later with an application, but would remain the language of the T9 and other things in English.

Is possible to get an update in italian (or French, spanish, etc ...) complete, with T9 in italian and the ability to dictate italian destinations in Google Maps and navigate then with the signs in language?

There is a port of the European Gratia? Or what ROM I use to use a European language, Cyanogen?

Thanks.

(sorry, I read a lot of post buth none about using FULL language different from english or chinese)
5th April 2011, 10:40 AM   |  #2  
Flag Karlsruhe
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
More
Same question here. I bought an Aria a few days ago and now I want a complete German OS.
Is this possible?
5th April 2011, 01:31 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

131 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLeXX

Same question here. I bought an Aria a few days ago and now I want a complete German OS.
Is this possible?

Try Cyanogen 7, it's fully traduced in your country language.
5th April 2011, 01:39 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,704

3,828 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino

I have read almost every thread on upgrading the HTC Aria operating system, in particular the "Liberated" ROM or excellent Cyanogen.

... now it's finally appeared the HTC Gratia and then there is a "official" version of Froyo with Sense on the air.

What I see however is that there are available only "asian" ROM and not "european", so I ask if anyone has tried to upgrade the Aria with the european ROM, and then with english / french / spanish / italian language.

I ask this because I understand you can upgrade later with an application, but would remain the language of the T9 and other things in English.

Is possible to get an update in italian (or French, spanish, etc ...) complete, with T9 in italian and the ability to dictate italian destinations in Google Maps and navigate then with the signs in language?

There is a port of the European Gratia? Or what ROM I use to use a European language, Cyanogen?

Thanks.

(sorry, I read a lot of post buth none about using FULL language different from english or chinese)

Take a look at the Liberated Aria 2.2 FR008. It is based on the European Gratia ROM and has all of the supported languages you asked about.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=819715
10th July 2011, 10:30 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 38

152 posts
More
I am also looking for the Gratia stock ROM. I am running CM7 at the moment and have the problem that my NAND backup of my original ROM is corrupt. I would like to be able to go back to stock.

Could somebody make a Nandroid backup and upload it? Thanks!
15th July 2011, 02:04 AM   |  #6  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 5

95 posts
More
Yeah me too.
I'm lookin just for regular stock HTC Gratia WWE rom. All i found are asian version of RUU ROMS and from diferent operaters
15th July 2011, 01:10 PM   |  #7  
Flag Minsk
Thanks Meter: 10

56 posts
More
I have backup from clockworkmod recovery. Should I share it? (I can do it after Jul, 18th)
15th July 2011, 07:03 PM   |  #8  
Flag Sheridan
Thanks Meter: 145

827 posts
Donate to Me
More
Whats the problem with visiting the HTC site and getting the RUU for your device? I assume if they sell the phone there they have an RUU update for your country?
15th July 2011, 07:44 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 544

1,726 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsivil_audio

Whats the problem with visiting the HTC site and getting the RUU for your device? I assume if they sell the phone there they have an RUU update for your country?

There's no RUU for the Gratia.
15th July 2011, 07:49 PM   |  #10  
Flag Sheridan
Thanks Meter: 145

827 posts
Donate to Me
More
So if there is no RUU for the Gratia, then what we are talking about here is a custom ROM, which sounds like exactly the opposite of what these guys want. They want an official 2.2 update for their phone, that DOESN'T exist obviously.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aria, froyo, gratia, italian, sense
Previous Thread Next Thread