FORUMS

Microsoft Forgets Glasses and Mirror, Trashes Google

Microsoft is preparing a monumental release with Windows 10, and it could easily be … more

Android System WebView Update – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Android Webview is a system component powered by Chrome that allows Android … more

Hands-on With T-Mo LG G4 and Q&A

XDA Senior Member WinDroidGuy posted a hands-on video of the T-Mobile LG G4, and he is now … more

Quick Notes – Notification Panel Reminders

This app by XDA Senior Member yogi.306 is a quick and productive tool that … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Xoom uses gorilla glass

23rd February 2011, 06:31 PM |#1  
gogol's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 198
 
More
I am so happy when I found that Xoom uses gorilla glass!

https://supportforums.motorola.com/t...45520?tstart=0

I did not know this

Nice, so I do not need to put screen protector! It's ugly and I hate screen protector

Oh well, I still need to wait it comes to Europe
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gogol For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
23rd February 2011, 06:41 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogol

I am so happy when I found that Xoom uses gorilla glass!

https://supportforums.motorola.com/t...45520?tstart=0

I did not know this

Nice, so I do not need to put screen protector! It's ugly and I hate screen protector

Oh well, I still need to wait it comes to Europe

I work for corning, and when it comes to what products do and dont have gorilla, they keep it very hush hush.. Pretty much sounds like its a need to know type thing. They only put it on the website if they get the ok from the manufacture, which you can do a search on motorolas website for gorilla glass, and motorola will come out saying "x" phone has it, but yet corning hasnt updated the gorilla glass website. grrrr
23rd February 2011, 06:44 PM |#3  
gogol's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 198
 
More
Question
Andy,

But, is it true that Motorola Xoom uses gorilla glass from Corning?

I still could not believe it because it is not in the official Xoom spec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMan386

I work for corning, and when it comes to what products do and dont have gorilla, they keep it very hush hush.. Pretty much sounds like its a need to know type thing. They only put it on the website if they get the ok from the manufacture, which you can do a search on motorolas website for gorilla glass, and motorola will come out saying "x" phone has it, but yet corning hasnt updated the gorilla glass website. grrrr

23rd February 2011, 06:53 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
That's incredible if that's true. My dell streak 7 had it & its a godsend

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App
23rd February 2011, 06:55 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 191
 
More
Gorilla Glass does not mean don't use a screen protector.
23rd February 2011, 06:58 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogol

Andy,

But, is it true that Motorola Xoom uses gorilla glass from Corning?

I still could not believe it because it is not in the official Xoom spec.

I honestly don't know. Personally I would they it would, given its in some of motorolas other products, and that they wanted the Xoom to be a higher end quality product. But I have not heard it confirmed by either company
23rd February 2011, 07:01 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Its not listed here:

http://www.corninggorillaglass.com/#featured-products

However, nor is defy or atrix
http://advancedsearch.motorola.com/s...rt=&WTz_bhome=
23rd February 2011, 07:06 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
this article says it does...

http://gadgetizor.com/motorola-xoom-...b-tablet/6444/
23rd February 2011, 07:17 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I have a Droid (original) and it had Gorilla Glass, I love it. I have never used a screen protector and after 1.5 years of heavy use I have basically no major scratches.

I really hope the Xoom has Gorilla Glass too...
23rd February 2011, 07:34 PM |#10  
BBruin66's Avatar
Member
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Ill second the lack of scratches on my droid, great stuff. I laugh at people who put screen protectors on it. Those are so soft they get scratches easily and then make people think that ther screen got saved when in reality it would have been fine. Just don't put it in your diamond filled pocket and you'll be fine.

Sent from my Droid using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes