5,596,431 Members 39,776 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Been having issues with the accelerometer

Tip us?

no6969el
Old
(Last edited by no6969el; 24th February 2011 at 02:00 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Default Been having issues with the accelerometer

Just got my adam today....

Been having issues with the accelerometer seems like eveything in games or apps that use the function wants to go to the right..no other holding place works.. just veers sharp right. then when I twist it at around it will go the other way but then back to right if I keep turning it ...

also when I hold it with my left hand only in landscape mode you see a spot of pressure on the screen push in as if my pointer finger in the back is pushin on the screen.

any one have any ideas.. already have wiped and tried again still no luck

The crazy part is the homescreen (launcher pro) always orients the proper way all the way around.. but maybe its a different sensor .. i dont know.

EDIT: I ran the program on my G2 and the blue points up to sky, the green points the right and the red is pointing in my direction...

If there is no way to reset the center in that accelerometer than I might just have to send it back.

Below is when the tablet is on a flat service.. if anyone else can run Z-device test to see what it should be that would be awesome.. i need to know if I need to fix this or send it back

Also here is a video of me use the "Swing Ball" app which shows that the balls swing straight up.

They move recklessly when I move the tablet around.

colinjreed
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i've been having the same issue, and a little poking around has not yet yielded a fix. i'm still looking, but if anyone else finds anything, it would be great to know

no6969el
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinjreed View Post
i've been having the same issue, and a little poking around has not yet yielded a fix. i'm still looking, but if anyone else finds anything, it would be great to know
I ended up installing the utopia beta 1 rom . The games that didn't work before are working now...I think its a problem on eden roms