If you want to use real-time streaming including voip over wifi when screen is off please give the customised kerenl a try.
If you want to access windows share on your wildfire please give the customised kerenl a try.
If you want to use multicast applications over wifi please give the customised kerenl a try.
If you want a working wifi on your wildpuzzle rom with the latest kernel please give the customised kerenl a try.
Otherwise please go to jacob's kernel builds page.
All the credit goes to Jacob for his kernel source code http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=798471.
Jacob's kernel build is excellent but it lacks some vital functionality therefore I have went some depth to build my own version which adds the following
1) wifi sleep fix. This is a killer problem for applications sensitive to latency when the screen is turned off. This is caused by the default aggressive wifi power saving policy. This is a permanent fix for anyone experiences voice drop when screen is off during wifi voip call.
2) cifs support. This will enable you to access windows share on your wildfire.
3) multicast. I believe not many people use multicast on their wildfire but its good to have an option.
4) network file systems like nfs and aoe. Personally I have not tested them at all.
5) other small changes which I can not remember
I have built three versions so far and wildpuzzle room users (possibly other sense rom users) please try HCDR.Kernel_0593ef9.signed.zip to guarantee a working wifi. They are zip files can be flashed to any rom. Please take a backup before you flash the kernel and I will hold no responsibility for the result of such flash!!!
HCDR.Kernel_v4.2_606a571.signed.zip this is the latest kernel based on jacob's 4.2
HCDR.Kernel_v4.1_a91e73b.signed.zip this is the kernel based on jacob's 4.1
HCDR.Kernel_0593ef9.signed.zip this is the kernel based on jacob's early version of build
== update 2011-05-23 ===
It looks like jacob has moved on with his zte blade and arco has taken over. I have grabbed arcon's latest stable kernel https://github.com/arco/htc-kernel-buzz/ and build my own with similar kernel configs to my previous modified kernels. The attached flashable zip file is called ARCO.Kernel_eaa7283-22.05.11.signed.zip and I have tested it with CM 7.0.3
- Working wifi with screen turned off
- Working Bluetooth
- Working GPS
- Working Wifi hotspot (tethering)
- Merge most kernel module into kernel. Now only aoe and wifi modules are installed separately.
I am quite happy with this version of kernel and it seems stable so far. For all kernel bugs please report to arco straight. I would recommend use this kernel with CM 7.0.3 as this is what I am using now.