[Q] Facebook & Twitter syncing ALL contacts

Search This thread

craighwk

Dec 29, 2009
Denver
Hi everyone. New Droid X user here, as I just moved off my Incredible. Setting up the phone and setting up my Facebook and Twitter sync in the phone's settings. On my INC, I was able to tell Facebook to only sync contacts that currently exist on Google. My original Droid allowed me to do this as well.

With the Droid X, I see no such option to only sync existing contacts, so instead it puts ALL my Facebook contacts into my phone book. It's also doing the same for my Twitter contacts.

I tried to disable the Facebook sync from the phone (which removed the contacts) and add the sync through the Facebook app itself. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have that setting where it was on my INC. I only have options to turn off notifications and that's it.

Can anyone give me pointers here? I want my Facebook contacts sycn'd, but only the ones that already exist in my GMAIL.

I have a feeling this is something to do with Moto's customization. If there's no way to do this, I'll just root the phone and go with a ROM.

Last edited:

superbay

Jun 28, 2010
Wonosari
You have the Facebook app from the market, right?
As far as i can remember, when you run the app for the first time, you'll be asked to choose for one out of 3 choices after signing in (sync all, sync with existing contact, and don't sync at all). If that's what you want, then you should choose the 2nd option. I don't know if it's any help at all but i hope this works

Last edited:

craighwk

Dec 29, 2009
Denver
At first I tried only with the phones version of the sync and it did not work. I've then downloaded facebook from the market and signed in. It did not give me any option to sync and when I go into the settings there are no sync options there either.

Edited: I decided to Root the phone, installed Liberty, and all is peachy. :D

Last edited: