XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xoom proxy settings

Tip us?

int_19h
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] Xoom proxy settings

I recall this being missing in Android 2.x last I dealt with it, but I would have thought they added it by 3.0. And yet I can't find proxy settings anywhere on my newly bought Xoom. Is it just me being blind, or is it really not there?

bogatyr
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Yes it is still missing, along with Cisco VPN support...

graphicsman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This makes this tablet pretty useless in a corporate environment... iPad works damnit!

Phylar
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm necro'ing this thread, but I found out that HTTP Proxy Settings from the market works just fine to expose the native Setting's Proxy page. I have no idea why it's disabled, but it works just fine for me! I just barely got it working, so I hope the setting is per WiFi network, as I'll have to clear it when I get back home, which would suck.

dusty_nz
Old
Thanks Meter 11
HTTP Proxy settings is not working with my xoom. Ran the app and it shows a blank Proxy screen.

Restarted Xoom. No change.

Do I need to root?

burden010
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Not sure if this will work on the Xoom but on my phone I've created a Proxy shortcut using Any Cut. New shortcut > Activity > Proxy. Works well as long as you don't need proxy authentication.

cma1032
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Use Firefox Mobile

Use Firefox mobile and go to the add ons section and install the proxy mobile add-on. After you install it, go to proxy mobile from your add-on and enter your proxy settings.

Tags
proxy, xoom