Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 40,944 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

PadKite™ : The first multitouch mobile mouse.

Tip us?

Padkite
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default PadKite™ : The first multitouch mobile mouse.

Hi xda-developers,

We are about to launch PadKite in the Android market and we are currently collecting feedback from real users. Beta version now available for download at padkite web-page. As a new user we are not allowed to post links, please let us know your feedback on the application. You can also subscribe to our Beta Program. We are eager to hear your opinion.

PadKite is also an excellent app for tablets so we are also looking for people to test it on their tablets. Whether your multitouch device is a phone or tablet. Your feedback is very important to us. For any questions, please reply to this post or contact us at PadKite Contact us.

More about PadKite™: PadKite™ is the first multi-touch mobile mouse created to manage the tiny content on our cellphone screens. Never fumble or miss a target again. Breeze through favorite websites in a flash with customizable multitouch gestures. Post media and text to Facebook, Twitter, and blogs, all at the swoop of a fingertip.
The Following User Says Thank You to Padkite For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Namuna
Old
Thanks Meter 91

DONATE TO ME
Wow! This looks like an awesome tool!

There's only Éclair and Froyo versions available though, I'm running custom Gingerbread on my N1.

I tried running the Froyo version on my N1 anyway, but it Force Closes as soon as trying to open the app.

Any ETA on a Gingerbread version? I'm quite eager to try your product!
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900A)
Case: Trident Cyclops w/TechMatte HD Clear Screen Protector
Carrier: AT&T
ROM: Stock 4.3, rooted
Kernel: Stock
Int Storage: 32gb
Ext Storage: AData Premiere 64GB UHS-I/Class 10

meanm50
Old
(Last edited by meanm50; 25th February 2011 at 03:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
They said a GB compatible copy will be along soon.

Kippui
Old
(Last edited by Kippui; 25th February 2011 at 04:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 35
I really wanted to try it but it force closes on me.

Always wanted to tryout multi-touch...

nice stealth edit trololol...

syrenz
Old
(Last edited by syrenz; 25th February 2011 at 05:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 57
Sounds interesting, I'll check it out.

Link: http://padkite.com/

ngagephone
Old
Thanks Meter 88

DONATE TO ME
Hmm i dont trust this app i just installed and accept the agreement then nothing and why so big for a simple mouse app? 14mb

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
Current Phone SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 WHITE UK

wdl1908
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngagephone View Post
Hmm i dont trust this app i just installed and accept the agreement then nothing and why so big for a simple mouse app? 14mb

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
They included the complete libwebcore.so in there effectively including a complete web browser in their so called mouse driver. What up with that?

opher50
Old
(Last edited by opher50; 25th February 2011 at 01:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 98
Just sitting and clapping my hands :]

looks wonderfulll .. Did anyone try it already ? does it seem safe and real?

btw: So I've understood that it is a browser like dolphin and others. .. does it include Flash? (btw does it have hebrew as other browsers?)

Padkite
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Hi xda-developers,

Hope you are enjoying flying the web with PadKite, the first multitouch mobile mouse.

Yes, it is a web browser. It includes extended Webkit libraries that makes it heavier. Hopefully these will be able to be submitted into the WebKit build on the near future. The application does not include Flash for the moment and does not run on top of the OS or other applications. As a new concept we are starting small running as a stand alone browser aiming to grow bigger. We are braking the mold on multi-touch interaction and that has to be gradually. As you might have notized it has a lot of potential.

Currently we are making adjustments in order to run in all versions. This requires a lot of effort however it will allow PadKite to run in almost all devices. If you want to run on a Gingerbread version, let us know via our contact form and it will be delivered shortly.

Some users have experienced problems with Android versions of FRG83D and FRG83. We are currently looking into this and we will come up with a solution shortly. If you have problems, running PadKite on your Froyo, please contact us via our contact form too or join our beta program. We need as much information as possible from our users (especially your Logcat). Also, take part in our beta program and you will be the first to get updated on new versions.

Please follow PadKite on Twitter and get up-to-date info on new builds at padkite account.

Thanks for helping us make PadKite even better!

Cheers,

Jose Vigil
RoamTouch CEO

almus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
looks great, I'm looking forward to trying it when its available for Gingerbread.. also it would be great to get the adobe flash integration working.. But looks like a great concept, original and useful.

Tags
accurate, directional selection, floating cursor, gestures, multitouch mouse