List of ROM's + MODS, KERNELS, RADIOS, HBOOT and MORE -- For the HTC Incredible
* These ROM's are listed in no particular order besides by category, they are just all here for you to see and choose for yourself. Check the threads to find out any bugs or problems certain ROM's may have. Some are optimized for speed, others for ease of use, features, while some are simply genius.
If you're new to custom ROM's don't get discouraged after a single bad experience with a particular ROM, I can almost guarantee you that you will find one that will blow away the Stock ROM to your liking.
Too many to choose from? Ask around in the Q & A section to get opinions for what ROM is best for you.
We love our developers here and hope everyone looking to change their incredible up will find a ROM (or ROM's ) that they love.
-------- GINGERBREAD ROM's -------- --------Gingerbread (Android 2.3.x) is the latest Android release for our phones.--------
With HTC Sense - ROMs based on a stock or ported Sense ROM (Gingerbread)
Incredible (stock) framework - Framework that comes with your phone
-------- ICE CREAM SANDWICH ROM's -------- --------This version of android is currently not optimized for our phones. -------- -------- ICS ROM's typically will run slower and have worse battery life than previous versions of android.--------
AOSP - Android Open Source Project (ported to the Incredible)
List of Kernel's: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1169150
- Kernel's help decide how much CPU / battery power is used as well as many other complex workings such as memory management and process management.
Every ROM comes with a kernel, but here you can choose which one you like best and combine it with whatever ROM you like best.
List Of Radio's: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/2890-radi...-07-sept-2011/
- The radio controls GPS, WiFi, 3G and 1x connections. You will at best only see moderately minor changes in these areas while trying different ones. Possible to increase data speed, GPS lock speed, as well as better battery life.
List of Recoveries: http://pvillecomp.com/?page_id=28
- A Recovery is a simple program used to flash new software (such as ROM's and KERNELS) to your phone. Your phone should have come with Clockwork after you rooted it, but check here if you want to flash a different one.
List of HBOOT's: http://pvillecomp.com/?page_id=4
- HBOOT is a core piece of software used to check hardware, initialize software, and can be used to flash other vital pieces of phone software including the radio and recovery.
Android Kitchen - Customize Your UI: http://uot.dakra.lt/
- Take your android UI into your own hands! Upload your current ROM, and from there you can customize the appearance of your ROM: including colors, textures, effects, icons, and much more. Don't be stuck with a phone that isn't perfect!
__________________ Current Setup
ROM: CyanogenMod 7 Nightlies
Custom Theme by: Android Kitchen
Custom Lockscreen by: Widgetlocker (downloaded from market, customized via various XDA threads)
CPU cap: 883MHZ (done in CM7 Settings)
Launcher: Launcher Pro + (downloaded from market)
Keyboard: Swiftkey X (downloaded form market)
If I said something useful be sure to hit the "Thanks" button! :D
Darn. I did something similar just yesterday or maybe the day before, just not with ALL the roms and with a bit of more info on what rom to use for noobs and posted in dinc general, but nobody's replied yet
HTC Incredible SLCD
CM10 / CM9
MacBook Pro 15" Early '11
2.2 GHz, 8GB RAM, HD6750
Originally Posted by hightech316
Which Sense pieces are in? Widgets? What AOSP parts are included ? I'm confused LOL is this a transenseual?
Despite its insanely cheap $179 asking price, the Moto Gis a legitimately good smartphone. … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?