Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,427 Members 41,271 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mini Keyboard

Tip us?

El Daddy
Old
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 3,836

DONATE TO ME
Default Mini Keyboard

While I'm waiting for my Xoom to arrive I've been checking out some accessories.

I came across a mini bluetooth keyboard. Looks pretty decent. Just wanted to share.

http://www.dragonext.com/49-keys-min...rola-xoom.html

keitht
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Daddy View Post
While I'm waiting for my Xoom to arrive I've been checking out some accessories.

I came across a mini bluetooth keyboard. Looks pretty decent. Just wanted to share.

http://www.dragonext.com/49-keys-min...rola-xoom.html
That looks sweet. Thanks.

joereist
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Looks nice, and working with a PS3 as well makes it pretty attractive.
I just wonder if it would really be easier to type in than this on screen deal, especially with swype and swift key coming.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App

El Daddy
Old
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 3,836

DONATE TO ME
Does anyone have the Moto keyboard? If so, is it worth it?

I'm dreaming of sitting on my couch with my xoom hooked up to my tv while I'm sitting out the couch surfing the web, watching youtube stuff, etc. Somewhat of a google tv experience I guess. That would be awesome!

keitht
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by joereist View Post
Looks nice, and working with a PS3 as well makes it pretty attractive.
I just wonder if it would really be easier to type in than this on screen deal, especially with swype and swift key coming.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App
Everyone has a different preference and style. For me, I would like to keep my tablet on my end table and having a detached physical keyboard like this would make it much easier to type something instead of grabbing the tablet, placing it on my lap and typing on the screen.

LegionTHEFecalExcretion
Old
Thanks Meter 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Daddy View Post
Does anyone have the Moto keyboard? If so, is it worth it?

I'm dreaming of sitting on my couch with my xoom hooked up to my tv while I'm sitting out the couch surfing the web, watching youtube stuff, etc. Somewhat of a google tv experience I guess. That would be awesome!
The moto keyboard is worth every cent!! It is uber thin and light, I am very pleased with it. It really helps with the whole webtop theme, but you still need to touch the screen for a few things unfortunately.

neonerz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Did you order that? I've been researching for a good one. I came across that one initially, but I'm pretty sure I read on some site that it didn't work well with Android.

I found this one that I'm thinking about getting

www sourcinggate com / portable-bluetooth-transfer-wireless-keyboard-mouse-combo-p-12376 . html

Would be cool if the mouse worked too

El Daddy
Old
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 3,836

DONATE TO ME
No I didn't order it. I am leaning toward the OEM keyboard because it has the shortcut keys and I can order with 25% off.

Although I would really like a trackpad for scrolling. I'm undecided on what to do.

I just want my Xoom to arrive. I have to wait until the 2nd...

neonerz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm trying to find a cheap one that I could easily carry around with me. As thin as the moto keyboard is, its not pocket size.

Mine arrives today. I can't wait.

ltracte
Old
Thanks Meter 8
i bought that keyboard a few months back. it works well enough, but the build quality is a little shoddy. a almost pried it apart once when trying to insert the micro usb charge cable.