Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Sd Card Almost Maxed Out

OP gotsflat4love

26th February 2011, 04:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

200 posts
So, I was looking at my SD Card info through settings and I only have 2.43gb free. I only have 7 songs, not many photos, videos or anything else. I went through my SD and cleaned it up, but nothing changed.

I am running SC 2.5v no theme, and nothing really on my SD card for roms, themes or anything like that. I know this is a stretch, but what could be taking so much memory on the SD. I don't have titanium, i have cleaned my back ups and don't back up my apps... I know. Crazy. Anyone have any ideas. I know you don't know what is on my SD but, anyone have this issue as well?
26th February 2011, 04:07 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 54

1,251 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsflat4love

So, I was looking at my SD Card info through settings and I only have 2.43gb free. I only have 7 songs, not many photos, videos or anything else. I went through my SD and cleaned it up, but nothing changed.

I am running SC 2.5v no theme, and nothing really on my SD card for roms, themes or anything like that. I know this is a stretch, but what could be taking so much memory on the SD. I don't have titanium, i have cleaned my back ups and don't back up my apps... I know. Crazy. Anyone have any ideas. I know you don't know what is on my SD but, anyone have this issue as well?

Did you partition your sd card?

Sent From My CM 7 Nightly #7 (Mixer theme) Monster Evo.
26th February 2011, 04:10 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

200 posts
No. Should I? I have never ran across anyone doing that on a Fascinate...
26th February 2011, 04:31 AM   |  #4  

1,251 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsflat4love

No. Should I? I have never ran across anyone doing that on a Fascinate...

That could probably explain why.

26th February 2011, 04:50 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 23

274 posts
Mount the SD card on your computer and then select all the files in explorer (turn on show system files and hidden files first!), and check their total size (size and size on disk). If the size on disk for all the files is far lower than the amount reported as being used for the volume, something odd is probably up.

If the 'size on disk' is actually about the same as the amount of used space on the volume, you can then start checking the folders/files to see what's taking up the space.

@Jason Black: Why'd you want to repartition it? Or did you mean reformat it?
26th February 2011, 07:49 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

74 posts
Another thing you could do is look for hidden files on windows when u open up removable drive then on the upper the upper left hand side hit tools then view then scroll down and hit the bubble that says show hidden files and see if thats what's taking up space

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
26th February 2011, 02:16 PM   |  #7  

1,251 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneKnight

Mount the SD card on your computer and then select all the files in explorer (turn on show system files and hidden files first!), and check their total size (size and size on disk). If the size on disk for all the files is far lower than the amount reported as being used for the volume, something odd is probably up.

If the 'size on disk' is actually about the same as the amount of used space on the volume, you can then start checking the folders/files to see what's taking up the space.

@Jason Black: Why'd you want to repartition it? Or did you mean reformat it?

Non of that. I was simply asking of the sd card was partitioned.

26th February 2011, 02:32 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Developer
Flag West Chester
Thanks Meter: 3,013

3,465 posts
Donate to Me
More
Do you use ROM Manager, or have you used it? Also, do you have/use Titanium backup to create backups or have you done any nandroid backups in CWM? Also, if you download things on your phone, that would be another thing to check and clear out.
26th February 2011, 02:45 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 3

136 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts

Do you use ROM Manager, or have you used it? Also, do you have/use Titanium backup to create backups or have you done any nandroid backups in CWM? Also, if you download things on your phone, that would be another thing to check and clear out.

This

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
26th February 2011, 03:31 PM   |  #10  

1,251 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts

Yeah you can try clearing download cache in rom manager and also, those nanbackups take up a good amount of space if you have a lot of apps and data. I also have 2.40g left. Thats a lot of space unless you are downloading movies lol.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread