Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,276 Members 38,890 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sd Card Almost Maxed Out

Tip us?

gotsflat4love
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] Sd Card Almost Maxed Out

So, I was looking at my SD Card info through settings and I only have 2.43gb free. I only have 7 songs, not many photos, videos or anything else. I went through my SD and cleaned it up, but nothing changed.

I am running SC 2.5v no theme, and nothing really on my SD card for roms, themes or anything like that. I know this is a stretch, but what could be taking so much memory on the SD. I don't have titanium, i have cleaned my back ups and don't back up my apps... I know. Crazy. Anyone have any ideas. I know you don't know what is on my SD but, anyone have this issue as well?

Jason Black
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsflat4love View Post
So, I was looking at my SD Card info through settings and I only have 2.43gb free. I only have 7 songs, not many photos, videos or anything else. I went through my SD and cleaned it up, but nothing changed.

I am running SC 2.5v no theme, and nothing really on my SD card for roms, themes or anything like that. I know this is a stretch, but what could be taking so much memory on the SD. I don't have titanium, i have cleaned my back ups and don't back up my apps... I know. Crazy. Anyone have any ideas. I know you don't know what is on my SD but, anyone have this issue as well?
Did you partition your sd card?

Sent From My CM 7 Nightly #7 (Mixer theme) Monster Evo.
Sync your files online and across computers with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/HKGxbaO

I only get free space if you sign up.

gotsflat4love
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
No. Should I? I have never ran across anyone doing that on a Fascinate...

Jason Black
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsflat4love View Post
No. Should I? I have never ran across anyone doing that on a Fascinate...
That could probably explain why.

Sync your files online and across computers with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/HKGxbaO

KitsuneKnight
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Mount the SD card on your computer and then select all the files in explorer (turn on show system files and hidden files first!), and check their total size (size and size on disk). If the size on disk for all the files is far lower than the amount reported as being used for the volume, something odd is probably up.

If the 'size on disk' is actually about the same as the amount of used space on the volume, you can then start checking the folders/files to see what's taking up the space.

@Jason Black: Why'd you want to repartition it? Or did you mean reformat it?

Kingali1997
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Another thing you could do is look for hidden files on windows when u open up removable drive then on the upper the upper left hand side hit tools then view then scroll down and hit the bubble that says show hidden files and see if thats what's taking up space

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Jason Black
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneKnight View Post
Mount the SD card on your computer and then select all the files in explorer (turn on show system files and hidden files first!), and check their total size (size and size on disk). If the size on disk for all the files is far lower than the amount reported as being used for the volume, something odd is probably up.

If the 'size on disk' is actually about the same as the amount of used space on the volume, you can then start checking the folders/files to see what's taking up the space.

@Jason Black: Why'd you want to repartition it? Or did you mean reformat it?
Non of that. I was simply asking of the sd card was partitioned.

imnuts
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,974

DONATE TO ME
Do you use ROM Manager, or have you used it? Also, do you have/use Titanium backup to create backups or have you done any nandroid backups in CWM? Also, if you download things on your phone, that would be another thing to check and clear out.
Setup a Development Environment
Setup and Use the Android SDK
Stock Odin Restore files

You can find the answer to all of your questions right here. If that doesn't work, then try this or this

bleeeeeeek
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
Do you use ROM Manager, or have you used it? Also, do you have/use Titanium backup to create backups or have you done any nandroid backups in CWM? Also, if you download things on your phone, that would be another thing to check and clear out.
This

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Jason Black
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
Yeah you can try clearing download cache in rom manager and also, those nanbackups take up a good amount of space if you have a lot of apps and data. I also have 2.40g left. Thats a lot of space unless you are downloading movies lol.