5,598,718 Members 38,360 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]Liberated Aria 2.2.2

Tip us?

Gene Poole
Old
(Last edited by Gene Poole; 11th January 2012 at 03:28 PM.) Reason: Final version posted
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 550
Default [ROM]Liberated Aria 2.2.2

Liberated Aria 2.2.2 final

This is a moderately modified version of the stock HTC Aria AT&T Android 2.2.2 ROM. It has root, busybox, ro.secure=0 and some nice root utils (Superuser, etc.) and the stupid AT&T bloat has been removed. It also features a kernel that supports overclocking and has a few other tweaks to make it more efficient. This is a great rooted replacement for the stock ROM if you like HTC Sense, otherwise, Cyanogen has a very good CM7 version for the aria. You might like that better.

At this point in time, it is unlikely that HTC will offer any official updates for Aria. I consider Aria orphaned by HTC and this is probably going to be my last "Liberated" update for the Aria unless some bugs are found in this release.

[update] 11-Jan-2012: No CIQ in this ROM.

http://hoxnet.com/droid/hoxnet_aria_liberated_final.zip
MD5: 9f94eabd90d08563397bb26d95a859d0

Copy this to your SDCard and install via recovery. All caveats apply: backup with nandroid and titanium first. Delete cache and dalvik. Should install fine over existing data partitions, but it never hurts to have a titanium backup of your market apps to be sure.

Some users are having issues with installing this over an existing FR008 or R012. I have tried it several ways and it has worked for me, but if you get a boot loop, then you will probably have to do a data wipe to get this to work. If you must wipe data, you can use Market apps like MyBackup, Titanium Backup or Astro to backup all your apps to minimize the fallout from a data wipe.
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to Gene Poole For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tpbklake
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Poole View Post
I don't know if ATTN1 is going to get us a decent liberated 2.2 based ROM anytime soon, but I've managed to get together a basically stock ROM based on the newest HTC release today. It's been properly rooted with Superuser.apk and /system/bin/su as well as busybox. It's just the system partition and seems to work out fine with my existing FR008 data partition so you should be able to keep all your apps as is, but do a nandroid and a Titanium backup to be sure.

I've also used the hoxnet OC kernel with this ROM and it works out OK as-is.

I threw this together pretty quick just to get it out there in the wild so feel free to critique it for improvements.

I'm uploading it to my hosting service and as soon as it's uploaded, I'll post a link.
Thanks Gene, you are the man! I'm in the process of downloading all the HTC Kitchen bits to start trying to play with it myself.

bigwavesurfer4
Old
Thanks Meter 3
can anyone confirm if they configured adobe to work with Aria Froyo? I know it doesn't work for the new HTC Gratia so I was just wondering. Thanks

jcordova23
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwavesurfer4 View Post
can anyone confirm if they configured adobe to work with Aria Froyo? I know it doesn't work for the new HTC Gratia so I was just wondering. Thanks
Adobe what?

Sent from my HTC Liberty using XDA App

j.fignole
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
If your referring to adobe flash then no. Our arias hardware can only run flash light.. sometimes not even that

Sent from my Liberty using Tapatalk

bunky213
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
But if you're talking about acrobat, then according to htc then yes, they replaced pdf reader with adobe's version.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using XDA App

jdwhite87
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
I don't know if ATTN1 is going to get us a decent liberated 2.2 based ROM anytime soon, but I've managed to get together a basically stock ROM based on the newest HTC release today. It's been properly rooted with Superuser.apk and /system/bin/su as well as busybox. It's just the system partition and seems to work out fine with my existing FR008 data partition so you should be able to keep all your apps as is, but do a nandroid and a Titanium backup to be sure.

I've also used the hoxnet OC kernel with this ROM and it works out OK as-is.

I threw this together pretty quick just to get it out there in the wild so feel free to critique it for improvements.

http://hoxnet.com/droid/hoxnet_liberated_hfr001b.zip
I'm sure that technically attn1 is still the lead aria dev but I really think that the inspire is his main focus now. Just keep on with what you're doing. And if you ever need a really brave but maybe a little bit green tester... I'm your man
Don't forget the thanks button if someone helps you!

bunky213
Old
(Last edited by bunky213; 26th February 2011 at 08:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Running your ROM, and all seems well so far! I upgraded from 2.1, didn't wipe data (just dalvik) and everything was there just like it was.

I see that there is now an option for installing non market apps in the app settings area.

Also ended up with more free space :D

Looking forward to playing with everything!

Thanks for getting this out!

Edit: only problem so far is the darn market-google-not trusting-htc/att-fingerprint that was seen in the previous update. so I can't see the protected apps. not the rom's fault though.

Any trusted fingerprints out there for this version? does the version matter? should I just put the original 2.1 pre-all updates fingerprint back?
Sent from my HTC Aria using XDA App

Gene Poole
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 550
So I installed this with a full wipe on my wife's phone and I'm surprised that all the neat features that the Gratia had seem to be available in this version stock. Sideloading, wired Tether, hotspot. I thought I'd be working hard to port over the stuff we want from the Gratia/FRxxx. Am I missing something here, or is AT&T finally being a decent carrier? Does anyone know anyone who did the full RUU update?

attn1
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1789
Quote:
So I installed this with a full wipe on my wife's phone and I'm surprised that all the neat features that the Gratia had seem to be available in this version stock. Sideloading, wired Tether, hotspot. I thought I'd be working hard to port over the stuff we want from the Gratia/FRxxx. Am I missing something here, or is AT&T finally being a decent carrier? Does anyone know anyone who did the full RUU update?
You still have all that because you didn't wipe data/factory reset. In stock trim, a clean install with this rom will result in disabled sideloading, and it will set up a proxy in the APN that with require a tethering plan to use tethering features.

AT&T is still up to it's tricks.
Join the #burstroot IRC channel