[MOD] Gingerbread Keyboard on Atrix! (Updated 4/15/11)
First thing before we start, YOU MUST HAVE A DEODEXED SYSTEM
. If you don't know what that means, stop here.
Ok, now we can continue.
This is a quick howto and a mod on how to use Gingerbread Soft Keyboard on Atrix.
1. Download http://nma.usk.bz/atrix.php
2. Decompress copy them to your phone sdcard:
adb push GBKeyboard /mnt/sdcard/GBKeyboard
3. Now open a shell on your phone:
4. Become root:
5. Backup the original files in case something goes wrong:
# mkdir /mnt/sdcard/kb_backup
# cp /system/app/LatinIME.apk /mnt/sdcard/kb_backup
# cp /system/lib/libjni_latinime.so /mnt/sdcard/kb_backup
6. Now mount your /system as read-write:
# mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 /system
7. Now copy the Gingerbreak keyboard files to your system, overwriting the current ones:
# cp /mnt/sdcard/GBKeyboard/LatinIME.apk /system/app/LatinIME.apk
# cp /mnt/sdcard/GBKeyboard/libjni_latinime.so /system/lib/libjni_latinime.so
Done, you now have a Gingerbread keyboard on your Atrix. This is the stock Gingerbread keyboard right from a Nexus S ROM. It's not a themed keyboard.
There is one known issue, vibrate on key_press is not working. But that's pretty much the only issue that I found. Everything else works.
Everything should be working! Let me know of any issues!
And remember: Backup your /system! If you brick your phone, don't blame me!
One last thing, to answer the questions about why you should use this one instead of the market one or other APKs. This is the stock GB keyboard tweaked for the Atrix screen resolutions. You can see the difference on the screenshots below:
On the left the Stock GB Keyboard tweaked(this one I posted) and on the right the Market/other apks:
And on landscape more: (you can see on the picture below that the market one also doesnt leave much space for the input form)
Fixed some broken links.
- Fixed some minor cosmetic bugs! Should look a little better overall.
- HapticFeedback is working!
- Based on the Gingerbread keyboard from stock 2.3.2