5,603,920 Members 41,144 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BOOTANIMATION] Xoom Bootanimation

Tip us?

arodey
Old
(Last edited by arodey; 27th February 2011 at 02:40 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Angry [BOOTANIMATION] Xoom Bootanimation

So this is the Xoom bootanimtion rotated and scaled to fit our phone. I just pulled it from the system dump. Sent it to my boy bigt305. Then he did all the magic. DO NOT FLASH!!! You have to move it to /system/media with Root Explorer, etc. Enjoy, I do!

EDIT: So I added a tweaked one which seems to run better, on my phone at least. Also here's a link to a flashable version http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=458. Be sure to thank Kfunk.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tweaked_bootanimation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.68 MB, 518 views)
File Type: zip original_bootanimation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.89 MB, 394 views)
Google Nexus 5 | Samsung Galaxy S4 | HTC EVO 4G LTE | HTC EVO 3D | Samsung Replenish | Barnes & Noble Nook Color | HTC Incredible | HTC Hero CDMA
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to arodey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ccrosno
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by arodey View Post
So this is the Xoom bootanimtion rotated and scaled to fit our phone. I just pulled it from the system dump. Sent it to my boy bigt305. Then he did all the magic. DO NOT FLASH!!! You have to move it to /system/media with Root Explorer, etc. Enjoy, I do!
Just installed it. Looks good. The only Honeycomb boot we've seen so far. Nice job!

Kfunk
Old
(Last edited by Kfunk; 27th February 2011 at 02:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7245

DONATE TO ME
Post deleted

arodey
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfunk View Post
Post deleted
I added a link to yours in the op.
Google Nexus 5 | Samsung Galaxy S4 | HTC EVO 4G LTE | HTC EVO 3D | Samsung Replenish | Barnes & Noble Nook Color | HTC Incredible | HTC Hero CDMA

user7618
Old
Thanks Meter 231

DONATE TO ME
Very nice! Thanks for this! I attached a honeycomb wallpaper that fits nicely with it.

-----
Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Gingerbread-on-Hero action here!

Did I help you or make something you love? Help me send Mrs. User through Nursing School.

dubach
Old
Thanks Meter 4
so i am having trouble getting this to wrk.. this is what i did. i downloaded the tweaked bootanimation.zip and moved it ver to my sdcard. the i moved that zip to the system/media and deleted the old boot animation . but it just goes to the original android boot animation. What did i do wrong?

Sparticuz
Old
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubach View Post
so i am having trouble getting this to wrk.. this is what i did. i downloaded the tweaked bootanimation.zip and moved it ver to my sdcard. the i moved that zip to the system/media and deleted the old boot animation . but it just goes to the original android boot animation. What did i do wrong?
rename tweaked_bootanimation to bootanimation
--
Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
CyanogenMod 10

(Retired) HTC HeroC
CyanogenMod 7 Nightlies
Unrevoked forever bootloader with ENG-SPL
-
(Sold) HTC Titan
Windows Mobile 6.5
--
Motorola Wifi Xoom
Unlocked & Rooted Team EOS Wingray Nightlies

abadasstanker69
Old
Thanks Meter 692
Very nice! Thanks for this!

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

dubach
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparticuz View Post
rename tweaked_bootanimation to bootanimation

well, i did as you said but then i restarted it and now it just goes black and doesnt show any boot animation. then it loads up like normal. but it seems to skip the boot animation. any ideas? i think i will replace it with a new download and see what that does.

Shadow666walker
Old
(Last edited by Shadow666walker; 4th March 2011 at 02:34 PM.) Reason: spelling error
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubach View Post
well, i did as you said but then i restarted it and now it just goes black and doesnt show any boot animation. then it loads up like normal. but it seems to skip the boot animation. any ideas? i think i will replace it with a new download and see what that does.
Bootanimation.zip is what you're aiming for. Make sure the extension is there.