Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Will it be possible to crack the booatloader?

OP Shad0w2626

27th February 2011, 03:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 3

60 posts
More
I came from the Inspire 4G to the Atrix. The Inspire 4G was my first Android phone and I just loved the rooting and custom ROMS.

I switch to the Atrix because of the FFC, Dual-Core, and 1080p camera. I thought about it and was wondering if it ever will be possible to crack the bootloader. I know there are efforts going on right now to do so and I really appreciate all the developers trying to get the bootloader cracked.

My question is, will the Atrix's bootloader ever be cracked?

I want to know so I can stay with the Atrix and be prepared for the future (Gingerbread and maybe even Honeycomb) or if I want custom ROMs just stay with the Inspire 4G?

Thanks and I hope someone knows what I mean.
27th February 2011, 03:09 AM   |  #2  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 122

734 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad0w2626

I came from the Inspire 4G to the Atrix. The Inspire 4G was my first Android phone and I just loved the rooting and custom ROMS.

I switch to the Atrix because of the FFC, Dual-Core, and 1080p camera. I thought about it and was wondering if it ever will be possible to crack the bootloader. I know there are efforts going on right now to do so and I really appreciate all the developers trying to get the bootloader cracked.

My question is, will the Atrix's bootloader ever be cracked?

I want to know so I can stay with the Atrix and be prepared for the future (Gingerbread and maybe even Honeycomb) or if I want custom ROMs just stay with the Inspire 4G?

Thanks and I hope someone knows what I mean.

No one knows for sure right now.
27th February 2011, 03:14 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 3

60 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neer2005

No one knows for sure right now.

Thanks for the quick response. And this sucks.. I'm really starting to like the Atrix but at the same time, want full root and custom ROMs.. :/
27th February 2011, 04:23 AM   |  #4  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 122

734 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad0w2626

Thanks for the quick response. And this sucks.. I'm really starting to like the Atrix but at the same time, want full root and custom ROMs.. :/

We do have full root but custom ROMs is still in the works.
27th February 2011, 04:35 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 129

822 posts
I think there was another thread somewhere here where someone had a thread on the Motorola forums, with a Motorola rep saying that it's not a definite, but thoughts of un-signing the bootloader are going around. I guess it didn't phase them how important that might be to some people or something.
27th February 2011, 01:58 PM   |  #6  
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 25

283 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elementaldragon

I think there was another thread somewhere here where someone had a thread on the Motorola forums, with a Motorola rep saying that it's not a definite, but thoughts of un-signing the bootloader are going around. I guess it didn't phase them how important that might be to some people or something.

Here's the link:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/t...rt=75&tstart=0
The Following User Says Thank You to n7slc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2011, 02:45 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 22

502 posts
More
Link doesn't seem to work.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread