Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

designgears

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2010
SLC
***MOD EDIT***

THIS ROM ONLY WORKS ON 4.1.26. Please consider another ROM unless you know what you are doing.

History & Intro
The first version was done with 3 different batch files, it ended up being very hacky and even ended up bricking one phone because the cleanup script didn't properly work.

I have rebuilt it from the ground up as a shell script. The initial temp root and file push is done with a batch file, it then fires off the install script on the phone which reports back to the batch with helpful info about what it is doing and what to expect from the phone as it goes. You no longer have to accept any superuser requests either.

The new script has been used on tons of phones now, everything executed exactly as I expected it to. I really didn't want to post this until we had a stock firmware to restore to, after the first release I have been worried about you guys bricking your devices, but what the hell, here it is anyways.

Come chat with us!
Features
Works for rooted and non-rooted devices
Deodexed
Reboot Option
Reboot to Recovery option
Ad Blocking
Removed power options header​
Changelog
Adeo v0.2: (3/9/2011)
Added Unknown Sources checkbox
Added Preferred install location (internal, sdcard, let system decide)
Adeo v0.1: (2/28/2011)
Ad Blocking
Only remove app/framework Dalvik-Cache (fixes /data app issues)
Four simple rules
Do NOT do a factory reset if something goes wrong(soft brick), you will lose adb access and have a pretty brick
Do NOT do this if you are not familiar with ADB, if you softbrick you need to use adb to fix it
DO NOT PULL THE BATTERY, EVER WHILE INSTALLING
BE PATIENT
How to Install

1. Read the four rules above
  2. Read the four rules above, again
  3. Read the four rules above, again, one more time to make sure you've got it
  4. Download the installer (AdeoInstallerv0.1.7z, AdeoUpdaterv0.2.7z)
  5. Hook up your phone via usb with ADB enabled
  6. run INSTALL.bat from the unzipped files
  7. sit back, relax, wait until it reboots (can take upto 5min, be patient!!)
  8. Read the disclaimer below
  9. Enjoy!
Disclaimer
If you brick your device, I cannot be held responsible. Simply restore with the stock SBF to get you phone working again.
Video Walkthru

Last edited by a moderator:

psufan5

Dec 11, 2009
Nice! First basic rom :) How would someone restore back to stop if you cant do a factory reset? I know on the captivate I had a nice Odin flash to do that.

txtsd

Feb 13, 2009
A custom ROM? o_O

I'm going to have to buy an Atrix!

EDIT: Bought it!

EDIT2: And Adeo'd it. All UI lag is gone! This is awesome!

Last edited:

G-Man.

Nov 15, 2010
Laramie, WY
I am running this in my Atrix now - I believe my phone was the 4th phone to have this install perfectly on with no issues. Designgears, you are the man, once again! Thank you for this!

designgears

Feb 9, 2010
SLC
PM sent DG. I cheated an caught link a few minutes early and wanted say thanks! This is running great with no issues and I'm loving the reboot option...

Haha, I understand your PM now... you got my file before I posted this.

Nice! First basic rom :) How would someone restore back to stop if you cant do a factory reset? I know on the captivate I had a nice Odin flash to do that.

the factory reset is only if you brick.

There is no easy way to get back to stock, I will make a thing just like this installer to do that, actually its done, testing it ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: djmisi and psufan5

psufan5

Dec 11, 2009

So if all else fails, the factory reset will bring it back to out of the box shape? Just concerned because Im still debating if I want to keep the phone before my 30 days is up etc. Id like to return it as stock obviously, but I also need to test out custom mods before my decision.

Thanks man.

shawnbuck

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 23, 2011
NY
I am curious, what changes were made for the reboot mod?

Also, thanks for the rom!

designgears

Feb 9, 2010
SLC
so if all else fails, the factory reset will bring it back to out of the box shape? Just concerned because im still debating if i want to keep the phone before my 30 days is up etc. Id like to return it as stock obviously, but i also need to test out custom mods before my decision.

Thanks man.

no no no, do not factory reset if it bricks!!! Read the op!!!!

psufan5

Dec 11, 2009
I saw the no factory reset posts lol... I was just curious what can be done to return the phone back to stock once this is all done with.

Thanks.

wade7919

Sep 6, 2010
Lake Charles, La
Installed... Removed Laggyness i was getting with blur UI.

as to refering to the blur UI....
this is my second Atrix.. had to bring my first one back because when i was on tier 3 support the other night they fried the sim card reader with an update which was killing data signal to my phone... that phone had no laggyness whats so ever at all. I got this one today out of the box was having laggyness and slow response to key presses.. this fixed that as of so far.

lpsi2000

Jan 16, 2004
TriState
smali edits in the framework.jar, android.policy.jar and added an image and sting to framework-res.apk

Nice, I will give this shot. Although I am already running DeOdexed already but I figured may be you got it running better than mine:D

I am also going to start editing small things like animations. No sense oh having all this power without some eye candy

uskr

Feb 12, 2011
Hello designgears,

Did you re-signed the apks? If so, could you share the key files you used? The reason I ask for it, it's because I am playing around with the /system/app apks and was getting errors like:
"Package com.motorola.blur.home has no signatures that match those in shared user"

Awesome job, btw!

airbillion

Jan 2, 2008
Stupid question. How do I hook up the phone with adb enabled? When I run the bat file it says error: device offline, but in my devices I see ADB interface Mot Composite ADB interface.

Last edited:

designgears

Feb 9, 2010
SLC
Hello designgears,

Did you re-signed the apks? If so, could you share the key files you used? The reason I ask for it, it's because I am playing around with the /system/app apks and was getting errors like:
"Package com.motorola.blur.home has no signatures that match those in shared user"

Awesome job, btw!

Not sure, I didn't get an errors like that.

Stupid question. How do I hook up the phone with adb enabled? When I run the bat file it says error: device offline, but in my devices I see ADB interface Mot Composite ADB interface.

Try a usb port on the back of your PC

wade7919

Sep 6, 2010
Lake Charles, La

Install the Android SDK

install the MOTO drivers it will also install the moto adb drivers with it.

Install the ADB function drivers into the SDK/tools folder

run...cd to the sdk/tools folder... run... adb devices
should show the device is up which means ADB is enabled

Reactions: mca1490
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ***MOD EDIT***

THIS ROM ONLY WORKS ON 4.1.26. Please consider another ROM unless you know what you are doing.

History & Intro
    The first version was done with 3 different batch files, it ended up being very hacky and even ended up bricking one phone because the cleanup script didn't properly work.

I have rebuilt it from the ground up as a shell script. The initial temp root and file push is done with a batch file, it then fires off the install script on the phone which reports back to the batch with helpful info about what it is doing and what to expect from the phone as it goes. You no longer have to accept any superuser requests either.

The new script has been used on tons of phones now, everything executed exactly as I expected it to. I really didn't want to post this until we had a stock firmware to restore to, after the first release I have been worried about you guys bricking your devices, but what the hell, here it is anyways.

Come chat with us!
    Features
    Works for rooted and non-rooted devices
    Deodexed
    Reboot Option
    Ad Blocking
    Changelog
    Adeo v0.2: (3/9/2011)
    Added Unknown Sources checkbox
    Added Preferred install location (internal, sdcard, let system decide)
    Adeo v0.1: (2/28/2011)
    Ad Blocking
    Only remove app/framework Dalvik-Cache (fixes /data app issues)
    Four simple rules
    Do NOT do a factory reset if something goes wrong(soft brick), you will lose adb access and have a pretty brick
    Do NOT do this if you are not familiar with ADB, if you softbrick you need to use adb to fix it
    DO NOT PULL THE BATTERY, EVER WHILE INSTALLING
    BE PATIENT
    How to Install

1. Read the four rules above
    2. Read the four rules above, again
    3. Read the four rules above, again, one more time to make sure you've got it
    4. Download the installer (AdeoInstallerv0.1.7z, AdeoUpdaterv0.2.7z)
    5. Hook up your phone via usb with ADB enabled
    6. run INSTALL.bat from the unzipped files
    7. sit back, relax, wait until it reboots (can take upto 5min, be patient!!)
    8. Read the disclaimer below
    9. Enjoy!
    Disclaimer
    If you brick your device, I cannot be held responsible. Simply restore with the stock SBF to get you phone working again.
    Video Walkthru
    I'm about to retturn my Atrix and switch to Verizon because of dropped calls (shame as I like the phone).

Will unrooting the phone be enough for a return, or will I need to undo the Adeo mod? If the latter, how do we do that to get the phone power button options back to stock? Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

I just modifed DG's script and files. It brought back the odex files and reverted the power button menus. I ran it on 3 phones and had no issues. It will also remove SU. I will post the link to download once uploaded. Feedback is appreciated.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M8YHFEI1

PS: Do a factory default after restoring to avoid issues with the fingerprint scanner.
    Video for installing and to see the reboot option is live...

PM sent DG. I cheated an caught link a few minutes early and wanted say thanks! This is running great with no issues and I'm loving the reboot option...

There is no easy way to get back to stock, I will make a thing just like this installer to do that, actually its done, testing it ;)
    Can you tell me the page its on bro.... and ya I never deleted anything...just installed adeo

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

Here is the post with the uninstaller:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11906859&postcount=423