[ROM-AOSP GRJ22] Oxygen v2.1.6 (Latest gingerbread, clean & simple) (GSM & CDMA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

AdamG

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 14, 2007
[ROM-AOSP GRJ22] Oxygen v2.1.6 (Latest gingerbread, clean & simple) (GSM & CDMA)

About
underline.png

Oxygen is an AOSP source built ROM (ie. not a mod of any sense based ROM), it's minimal, it's superfast and mostly bugfree.

As Oxygen is not a mod/port of any HTC/CyanogenMod or any other ROM and may not be to everyones liking, it's minimalistic and basic but I'm open to ideas and suggestions for improving the ROM.

Features
underline.png

tick.png
Android v2.3.4 (GRJ22) built from AOSP
tick.png
Linux kernel v2.6.35.x
tick.png
Minimal Google apps
tick.png
Superuser
tick.png
Busybox
tick.png
Apps2SD

Additional features
underline.png

tick.png
Adhoc wifi network support
tick.png
Advanced power menu with reboot options
tick.png
Customizable overclock settings
tick.png
Customizable status bar power widget
tick.png
Download any file type
tick.png
Enhanced auto backlight settings
tick.png
Facebook contacts sync
tick.png
FM Radio
tick.png
Headset Icon
tick.png
HSPA Icon
tick.png
Improved widget picker
tick.png
Long press back to kill mod
tick.png
Modified Launcher2 with quick uninstall
tick.png
Optional battery percentage
tick.png
SIP calling over 3G
tick.png
Text reflow when zooming
tick.png
Track change with volume buttons
tick.png
Various other tweaks and features

Installation
underline.png

alert.png
A wipe is required when first flashing Oxygen, however, unless otherwise stated, no wipe is needed to upgrade between versions.
  1. Download update-oxygen-xxx-signed.zip to your sdcard storage on your HTC Desire
  2. Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery through whatever method you choose (ROM Manager, Power + Volume Down, ADB etc...)
  3. Back up your existing installation
  4. [First flash only] Use the volume keys and optical joypad button to select Wipe Data
  5. Select Install Zip from SD Card
  6. Find the update-oxygen-xxx-signed.zip file you downloaded earlier
  7. Scroll through all the No's and hit Yes, install update-oxygen-xxx-signed.zip
  8. Wait for the installation to finish
  9. Select Reboot
  10. After initial reboot, reboot a second time and you're all set

Downloads
underline.png

alert.png
I'm not responsible for any damage what-so-ever done to your phone, as with any ROM, you accept this risk.
alert.png

Downloads are available here!

Donate
underline.png

Android development is a hobby for me, the Android community has been good to me and I enjoy what I do, I don't do it for any personal gain or gratification so if you like Oxygen and would like to show appreciation for the time and effort me and other people have put into it then I would very much appreciate it if you could donate to the 'childhood leukaemia' charity I support, you can donate via Paypal or by card/cheque, thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks for donating if you choose to :).
web.png
Donate via Cancer Research UK

Credits
underline.png

A big thanks to the following people, I couldn't of done any of this without you guys.
star.png
thalamus / schiznik / killkennys / tufkal
star.png

Additional thanks also goes to the following people who have made Oxygen possible.
star2.png
Cyanogen, CM Team, jazzk, st0kes & everybody who has donated
star2.png

Last edited:

AdamG

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 14, 2007
Changelog
2.1.6 [05/07/2011]
underline.png

forward.png
Added screenshot to power menu
forward.png
Fixed long press back to kill/ zoom button control

2.1.5 [04/07/2011]
underline.png

forward.png
Added 3 new predictive dictionaries
forward.png
Added option to turn zoom buttons on/off
forward.png
Added t-mobile theme chooser (no themes are included by default, download them and find them yourself)
forward.png
Fixed shutdown bug when battery is low
forward.png
Fixed signing signature boob
forward.png
Removed updater

2.1.4 [18/06/2011]
underline.png

forward.png
Added CPU overclocking support to OxygenSettings
forward.png
Added GRJ22 Google Apps incl. Talk2
forward.png
Added option to hide status bar power widget indicator
forward.png
Added support to constantly increase/decrease screen brightness depending on light conditions
forward.png
Added support for Bulgarian & Croatian in LatinIME
forward.png
Fixed bug which stopped some services restarting
forward.png
Fixed call delay bug
forward.png
Fixed wallpaper chooser Launcher2 bug
forward.png
Fixed extra flashlight settings for status bar power widget
forward.png
Fixed shutdown menu whilst in the lockscreen
forward.png
Removed test keys
forward.png
Signed release with custom keys to fix major Android security flaw
forward.png
Updated APNs list
forward.png
Updated busybox to v1.19
forward.png
Updated su binary

forward.png
Old changlog available
web.png
here

Last edited:

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane
To further assist development of the Oxygen ROM - AdamG has now moved to a new official forum. XDA will still see user support for a long time yet, but if you've got more serious issues, have a feature request etc it's recommended to take it up on the new forum.

Likewise, XDA will not be updated with the latest releases (to encourage people to use the new forum) - these releases can be found here

Screenshots! Default home screen, info page, and power widgets are there :)

ALL NON-DEVELOPMENT QUESTIONS PLEASE POST OVER IN THE OXYGEN FAQ

NOTE - YOU WILL NOT BE ASSISTED UNLESS YOU ARE RUNNING THE LATEST VERSION AND HAVE ATTEMPTED A FULL WIPE

Do I need to do a full wipe? Between major version changes - yes - it's highly recommended. If you're simply upgrading from the previous version then no you don't need to wipe.

What A2SD does this support? Oxygen 2.0 supports "froyo style" apps2sd, it also supports A2SD with an EXT3 or EXT4 partition. By default the dalvik cache is not moved to SD for performance reasons - see here for dalvik2sd script. D2SD/D2W scripts will work - but please take this up in their respective threads if you have questions to ask.

What radio should I use? My personal recommendation is to try your stock radio first. There's no single recommended radio as all hardware versions and carriers are different - what works for one person might be terrible for the next.

Why is there no trackpad wake? It takes hacks - basically :) It won't be included in the Oxgyen rom, however if you need it another user has created a flashable patch here.

Where did 720P recording go? Google didn't enable it on the N1 update, so given that Oxygen is kept as hack-free as possible it's not here either. Video quality is still great and suits playback on the Desire perfectly. (thanks wlee2)

Do i need to be S-OFF or have Oxygen hboot? No, the rom will work S-ON and with any current hboot layout. However the recommended set-up is S-OFF and Oxygen R2 hboot. Note - this will NOT work with a /system below ~100mb any more - hence "current".

M.

Note - all outdated issues removed, no point trying to support people who can't be bothered updating :)

Attachments

• snap20110227_203217.jpg
    snap20110227_203217.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 94,375
  • snap20110227_203229.jpg
    snap20110227_203229.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 59,199
  • snap20110227_203336.jpg
    snap20110227_203336.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 54,415
Last edited:

mista1982

Aug 10, 2010
Sorry but with RC7 and the oxygen updater i can't find the upgrade..

Can I install this over the RC7 wihout to wipe my data???

Thanks Adam here in germany we said: "Was langer wird, wird endlich gut"

This means good thinks need time to be good.

You are The Best!!!

amitabhishek

Jan 6, 2009
Hobson's choice : Flash this one or continue with Dev-Null version?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Last edited:
I am currently running [ROM-GINGERBREAD GRI40] DevNull-TEST.
Is this new Oxygen update pretty much the same?
What would i gain from flashing this instead of above?
I am very happy with the rom i am using at the moment but miss the power widgets in the dropdown notification bar, is there an easy way to install this?
Can i update to this without wipe from above rom?? :confused:

nuggahund

Aug 8, 2010
Thank you.
Just a fast question do an upgrade from RC7 require a wipe?
And if yes or no, could you please note that it does/does not require a wipe from the RC7 on the main page.

kaldean

Sep 16, 2010
I am currently running [ROM-GINGERBREAD GRI40] DevNull-TEST.
Is this new Oxygen update pretty much the same?
What would i gain from flashing this instead of above?
I am very happy with the rom i am using at the moment but miss the power widgets in the dropdown notification bar, is there an easy way to install this?
Can i update to this without wipe from above rom?? :confused:
You can't update you need to wipe

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

LuffyPSP

Aug 1, 2010
guys, just nandroid and try it yourself without wipe first. if you dont have time, you wont be in this forum wont ya? so just a few minutes for nandroiding and flashing, or at most restoring wouldnt hurt compared to adam's time for this rom.

nuggahund

Aug 8, 2010
guys, just nandroid and try it yourself without wipe first. if you dont have time, you wont be in this forum wont ya? so just a few minutes for nandroiding and flashing, or at most restoring wouldnt hurt compared to adam's time for this rom.

Great idea, i will report back with the result of upgrading from RC7 without performing a wipe.

popoffka

Jun 30, 2009
Riga
After updating to this from RC7, my Google account has disappeared and I can't add it back because there is no "Google account" option in the "Add an account" window.
Because of that, all of my contacts have disappeared and market isn't working.
Wtf? Did anybody have that issue too?

gspibsp

Jun 27, 2009
After updating to this from RC7, my Google account has disappeared and I can't add it back because there is no "Google account" option in the "Add an account" window.

Not the same for me. Try flashing it again without wiping

d1n0x

Oct 4, 2010

Please read Adam's OP... Is it so hard to select "wipe userdata" in recovery? I don't think so. Try wiping and reflashing first, if it doesn't work after that, then you can post your problem here, but please, DO NOT spam this thread AGAIN :mad:

420p

Jul 10, 2010

no........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

About
    underline.png

Oxygen is an AOSP source built ROM (ie. not a mod of any sense based ROM), it's minimal, it's superfast and mostly bugfree.

As Oxygen is not a mod/port of any HTC/CyanogenMod or any other ROM and may not be to everyones liking, it's minimalistic and basic but I'm open to ideas and suggestions for improving the ROM.

Features
    underline.png

tick.png
    Android v2.3.4 (GRJ22) built from AOSP
    tick.png
    Linux kernel v2.6.35.x
    tick.png
    Minimal Google apps
    tick.png
    Superuser
    tick.png
    Busybox
    tick.png
    Apps2SD

Additional features
    underline.png

tick.png
    Adhoc wifi network support
    tick.png
    Advanced power menu with reboot options
    tick.png
    Customizable overclock settings
    tick.png
    Customizable status bar power widget
    tick.png
    Download any file type
    tick.png
    Enhanced auto backlight settings
    tick.png
    Facebook contacts sync
    tick.png
    FM Radio
    tick.png
    Headset Icon
    tick.png
    HSPA Icon
    tick.png
    Improved widget picker
    tick.png
    Long press back to kill mod
    tick.png
    Modified Launcher2 with quick uninstall
    tick.png
    Optional battery percentage
    tick.png
    SIP calling over 3G
    tick.png
    Text reflow when zooming
    tick.png
    Track change with volume buttons
    tick.png
    Various other tweaks and features

Installation
    underline.png

alert.png
    A wipe is required when first flashing Oxygen, however, unless otherwise stated, no wipe is needed to upgrade between versions.
    1. Download update-oxygen-xxx-signed.zip to your sdcard storage on your HTC Desire
    2. Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery through whatever method you choose (ROM Manager, Power + Volume Down, ADB etc...)
    3. Back up your existing installation
    4. [First flash only] Use the volume keys and optical joypad button to select Wipe Data
    5. Select Install Zip from SD Card
    6. Find the update-oxygen-xxx-signed.zip file you downloaded earlier
    7. Scroll through all the No's and hit Yes, install update-oxygen-xxx-signed.zip
    8. Wait for the installation to finish
    9. Select Reboot
    10. After initial reboot, reboot a second time and you're all set

Downloads
    underline.png

alert.png
    I'm not responsible for any damage what-so-ever done to your phone, as with any ROM, you accept this risk.
    alert.png

Downloads are available here!

Donate
    underline.png

Android development is a hobby for me, the Android community has been good to me and I enjoy what I do, I don't do it for any personal gain or gratification so if you like Oxygen and would like to show appreciation for the time and effort me and other people have put into it then I would very much appreciate it if you could donate to the 'childhood leukaemia' charity I support, you can donate via Paypal or by card/cheque, thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks for donating if you choose to :).
    web.png
    Donate via Cancer Research UK

Credits
    underline.png

A big thanks to the following people, I couldn't of done any of this without you guys.
    star.png
    thalamus / schiznik / killkennys / tufkal
    star.png

Additional thanks also goes to the following people who have made Oxygen possible.
    star2.png
    Cyanogen, CM Team, jazzk, st0kes & everybody who has donated
    star2.png
    Changelog
    2.1.6 [05/07/2011]
    underline.png

forward.png
    Added screenshot to power menu
    forward.png
    Fixed long press back to kill/ zoom button control

2.1.5 [04/07/2011]
    underline.png

forward.png
    Added 3 new predictive dictionaries
    forward.png
    Added option to turn zoom buttons on/off
    forward.png
    Added t-mobile theme chooser (no themes are included by default, download them and find them yourself)
    forward.png
    Fixed shutdown bug when battery is low
    forward.png
    Fixed signing signature boob
    forward.png
    Removed updater

2.1.4 [18/06/2011]
    underline.png

forward.png
    Added CPU overclocking support to OxygenSettings
    forward.png
    Added GRJ22 Google Apps incl. Talk2
    forward.png
    Added option to hide status bar power widget indicator
    forward.png
    Added support to constantly increase/decrease screen brightness depending on light conditions
    forward.png
    Added support for Bulgarian & Croatian in LatinIME
    forward.png
    Fixed bug which stopped some services restarting
    forward.png
    Fixed call delay bug
    forward.png
    Fixed wallpaper chooser Launcher2 bug
    forward.png
    Fixed extra flashlight settings for status bar power widget
    forward.png
    Fixed shutdown menu whilst in the lockscreen
    forward.png
    Removed test keys
    forward.png
    Signed release with custom keys to fix major Android security flaw
    forward.png
    Updated APNs list
    forward.png
    Updated busybox to v1.19
    forward.png
    Updated su binary

forward.png
    Old changlog available
    web.png
    here
    To further assist development of the Oxygen ROM - AdamG has now moved to a new official forum. XDA will still see user support for a long time yet, but if you've got more serious issues, have a feature request etc it's recommended to take it up on the new forum.

Likewise, XDA will not be updated with the latest releases (to encourage people to use the new forum) - these releases can be found here

Screenshots! Default home screen, info page, and power widgets are there :)

ALL NON-DEVELOPMENT QUESTIONS PLEASE POST OVER IN THE OXYGEN FAQ

NOTE - YOU WILL NOT BE ASSISTED UNLESS YOU ARE RUNNING THE LATEST VERSION AND HAVE ATTEMPTED A FULL WIPE

Do I need to do a full wipe? Between major version changes - yes - it's highly recommended. If you're simply upgrading from the previous version then no you don't need to wipe.

What A2SD does this support? Oxygen 2.0 supports "froyo style" apps2sd, it also supports A2SD with an EXT3 or EXT4 partition. By default the dalvik cache is not moved to SD for performance reasons - see here for dalvik2sd script. D2SD/D2W scripts will work - but please take this up in their respective threads if you have questions to ask.

What radio should I use? My personal recommendation is to try your stock radio first. There's no single recommended radio as all hardware versions and carriers are different - what works for one person might be terrible for the next.

Why is there no trackpad wake? It takes hacks - basically :) It won't be included in the Oxgyen rom, however if you need it another user has created a flashable patch here.

Where did 720P recording go? Google didn't enable it on the N1 update, so given that Oxygen is kept as hack-free as possible it's not here either. Video quality is still great and suits playback on the Desire perfectly. (thanks wlee2)

Do i need to be S-OFF or have Oxygen hboot? No, the rom will work S-ON and with any current hboot layout. However the recommended set-up is S-OFF and Oxygen R2 hboot. Note - this will NOT work with a /system below ~100mb any more - hence "current".

M.

Note - all outdated issues removed, no point trying to support people who can't be bothered updating :)
    Thanks Adam!

Did those ended up getting added? Don't see any mention of it in the first post. :(

I haven't had time to port everything yet.

Sometimes there is no choice but to wipe when certain stuff is updated. It's nothing to do with how skilled the developer is.

That is the lowest, scummiest post I have seen on this thread so far. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

The above. Requiring a wipe is due to changing the base frameworks, so that the underlying database structures no longer make sense to the apps.

I have just deleted over 20 junk posts from this thread.

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to the "Thanks" button. Instead of posting "Thanks adam 10char", you click on this wonderful button, and it increases Adam's thanks meter, and adds your name to the list, without people having to wade through hundreds of junk posts.

Same to those posting "first" or "I got my comment on the first page". Just stop it. It's not cool, it's not funny, and now you don't have your comment on the first page at all...

No more thanks posts filling up the thread.