Oxygen is an AOSP source built ROM (ie. not a mod of any sense based ROM), it's minimal, it's superfast and mostly bugfree.
As Oxygen is not a mod/port of any HTC/CyanogenMod or any other ROM and may not be to everyones liking, it's minimalistic and basic but I'm open to ideas and suggestions for improving the ROM.
Android v2.3.4 (GRJ22) built from AOSP
Linux kernel v2.6.35.x
Minimal Google apps
Adhoc wifi network support
Advanced power menu with reboot options
Customizable overclock settings
Customizable status bar power widget
Download any file type
Enhanced auto backlight settings
Facebook contacts sync
Improved widget picker
Long press back to kill mod
Modified Launcher2 with quick uninstall
Optional battery percentage
SIP calling over 3G
Text reflow when zooming
Track change with volume buttons
Various other tweaks and features
A wipe is required when first flashing Oxygen, however, unless otherwise stated, no wipe is needed to upgrade between versions.
- Download update-oxygen-xxx-signed.zip to your sdcard storage on your HTC Desire
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery through whatever method you choose (ROM Manager, Power + Volume Down, ADB etc...)
- Back up your existing installation
- [First flash only] Use the volume keys and optical joypad button to select Wipe Data
- Select Install Zip from SD Card
- Find the update-oxygen-xxx-signed.zip file you downloaded earlier
- Scroll through all the No's and hit Yes, install update-oxygen-xxx-signed.zip
- Wait for the installation to finish
- Select Reboot
- After initial reboot, reboot a second time and you're all set
I'm not responsible for any damage what-so-ever done to your phone, as with any ROM, you accept this risk.
Downloads are available here!
Android development is a hobby for me, the Android community has been good to me and I enjoy what I do, I don't do it for any personal gain or gratification so if you like Oxygen and would like to show appreciation for the time and effort me and other people have put into it then I would very much appreciate it if you could donate to the 'childhood leukaemia' charity I support, you can donate via Paypal or by card/cheque, thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks for donating if you choose to .
Donate via Cancer Research UK
thalamus / schiznik / killkennys / tufkal
Additional thanks also goes to the following people who have made Oxygen possible.
Cyanogen, CM Team, jazzk, st0kes & everybody who has donated